Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CamerasCapture AppScanning

Crazy puzzle that I just can't figure out!11532

photosintheround private msg quote post Address this user
HI!

This is probably going to be long.....and strange. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Equipment that I have:

2 Insta360 One X Cameras
1 7th Gen basic iPad - 128GB
1 iPhone 11 - 64GB, with plenty of room

9 times out of 10, I use one of my Insta's with the iPad.
9 times out of 10, I have absolutely no problem, and everything works as anticipated.
I get the usual: Scanning, transferring, Processing, and aligning. All is good in the world!!!

1 time out of 10, at certain houses, I get "not connected" errors, can't produce 3D photo errors, and sometimes it just stops on scanning. It just locks up.
The weird part is that according to my settings, wifi on the iPad is connected to the insta360.

So...I try switching to my second Insta360. Same issue.
Then I try switching to my iPhone 11 and this happens:

For the first 45 minutes, everything is great. Also, things process twice as fast as the iPad.
THEN........all of a sudden, the iPhone won't connect to the camera.
To make things weirder......WIFI doesn't even recognize the camera. Doesn't even appear on the wifi list, while other wifi networks, do!!!!

I've had this happen on a day that I had three houses to do.
The first one....NO problems.
Second one..... PROBLEMS!
Third one......no problems.
Went back to the second one two other times..... problems every time!

So....I find it great that my iPhone 11 works so quickly when iPad doesn't work at all....BUT..then the iPhone stops working after 45 minutes.

All equipment, software, and firmware, is all up to date.

It just seems to happen at certain locations.

Would I have been better off with an iPad Air...or an iPad Pro?????

I can't imagine that 2 insta 360 cameras that were purchased 4 months apart could both have issues.

Well....guess that's about it.

ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED!!!!

By the way....Matterport has no idea why this is happening either!

THANKS!

Mark
Post 1 IP   flag post
bryanhscott private msg quote post Address this user
All other things being equal, try shutting down the customer’s WiFi network. Sounds like interference with the camera WiFi.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I actually had this happen in two new construction homes that didn’t even have WiFi!!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
@photosintheround I had something similar when I scanned very large schools 800 - 1200 (1600) scan per model. The iPad will just blackout. So had to do the classrooms separately and have Magic Dee stitch them in for me. Was a small nightmare but got the 5 schools delivered. After two months Matterport support came back to me and said my iPad did not have enough RAM so they think that might have caused it.

I have not done big jobs like that at the moment as one not buy-in another iPad already have 3 , and Dee is not there to help with the stitching. I have two big jobs pending , but I don't want to promise the clients anything. I am maybe looking in renting a BLK to do the bigger areas and long corridors so that can limit the amount of scan points. But again it adds to the costs and the workflow with the BLK taking longer per scan. But the plus side is that it covers very large area compared to the Matterport. So its a catch 22 when it comes to that.

If they can fix this problem, I can sell more tours, but looks like they are more interested in selling cameras to our customers than doing R&D. And ether are other companies playing catchup with them very fast so soon there will be more and better players on the field. I mean 5 years and just look how basic their player looks , it is starting to look like KRpano.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Cincinnati, OH
leonherbert private msg quote post Address this user
Did you do a hard reboot on all devices?
Post 5 IP   flag post
I did do a hard reboot.... several times. This morning, from home, everything works fine.
I wonder if the ipad pro would have better wifi connection.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
@photosintheround mail support, they were quick to reply to me when I had my issues. Maybe ask for Maggie , she has helped me a lot in the past.

Maybe reload the capture app? How full is your iPad? Do you have apps running in the background, kill them all. Also when you email them give your iPad model number to them, will save you time with emails.

Also did you have problems with models uploading but not completing the upload ? Also check that all firmware is updated.
Post 7 IP   flag post
101429 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?