Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Custom Start PositionMPEmbedStart Position

MPEmbed - custom start position11506

sonic_nc private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all, has anyone used the custom start position feature in MPEmbed? If so, are you able to share with me what your share url looked like? I can't seem to get it working, and no matter what I type into the box that shows up when I select the custom start position feature, it doesn't change my share url. And it always opens at the start location selected in Matterport
Thanks in advance,
Neil
Post 1 IP   flag post
CharlesHH private msg quote post Address this user
The mpembed URL never changes. You make the changes, save them and they are automatically applied.
Are you on Premium?
I’m not sure why you would not set the Start position in MP as usual.
What I have used in mpembed is the option to go straight to the start position avoiding having to launch the space and the dollhouse fly in.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I am on premium. I don't know what to type into the box to make it start somewhere else. Nothing I've seemed to input has changed the start position so far
I need to have 2 different start positions for the same model for a client who wants to embed in 2 different parts of their website
Post 3 IP   flag post
You could duplicate the scan in Capture and submit again at no cost and you’ll have two models available.
Or go to the second point, create a deeplink using the U key and copy it. Then provide that link. It will open the model and jump to that point.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@sonic_nc

You can use the Matterport Deep Link feature. It's not necessary to duplicate the model.

For how to - and examples - please see these WGAN Forum Related discussions

MatterTag Deep Link 2 Specific Spot in Space
Video: How to use Matterport Deep Links in Insurance Claim Adjusting Docs
MatterTag Deep Link 2 Specific Spot in Space
✓ WGAN Forum discussions tagged: Deep Links

Best,

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
WGAN-TV Matterport Workshop 3.0 Part 4 of 5 Short Story #672- Deep Link

@sonic_nc

Using Matterport "Deep Links" ... you can "fly-in to specific spots within the model. ...

In this WGAN-TV Short Story (#672 above), Matterport Content Marketing Manager Amir Frank shows how to create a Deep Link using the U key on your keyboard.

Okay?

Best,

Dan

P.S. This WGAN Forum post first appeared here.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@sonic_nc

Did the above solve your challenge?

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
Unfortunately not, the issue I'm having is that I can't seem to get deep links to work with MPEmbed

This is the tour I'm trying to use it on - https://mpembed.com/show/?m=PvaSZte4LXP&mpu=487

When I hit U within that tour, the link it brings up reverts to the matterport link - https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=PvaSZte4LXP&title=0&play=1&sr=-.04,.77&ss=34

When I try to use the link with the Matterport front (line above, it doesn't have the mpembed overlay

I've tried copying the &ss= and &sr= from that link and adding it to the mpembed link -

https://mpembed.com/show/?m=PvaSZte4LXP&mpu=487&sr=-.04,.77&ss=34

But that doesn't do anything either, it still starts at the original start point, not the one from the deep link
Post 8 IP   flag post
I haven’t tried that but I can see why it would not work.

So duplicate the original capture and create different start point when it comes back. Then add to MPembed. Yes, you are using two spaces but the client should pay for that if he demands a second space.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Screen Grab on Wednesday, 15 April 2020 from MPEmbed Facebook page

@sonic_nc

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic_nc
Unfortunately not, the issue I'm having is that I can't seem to get deep links to work with MPEmbed

This is the tour I'm trying to use it on - https://mpembed.com/show/?m=PvaSZte4LXP&mpu=487

When I hit U within that tour, the link it brings up reverts to the matterport link - https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=PvaSZte4LXP&title=0&play=1&sr=-.04,.77&ss=34

When I try to use the link with the Matterport front (line above, it doesn't have the mpembed overlay

I've tried copying the &ss= and &sr= from that link and adding it to the mpembed link -

https://mpembed.com/show/?m=PvaSZte4LXP&mpu=487&sr=-.04,.77&ss=34

But that doesn't do anything either, it still starts at the original start point, not the one from the deep link

Does the above screen grab answer your question about using a Matterport deep link within MP/embed to set the starting point within the Matterport tour?

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
I've tried that, it didn't work for me, the tour still opened up at the original location. I've been in touch with MPEmbed support and they suggested to try the long version with (&start=), but that was all the info they gave and I'm not familiar with the (&start=) URL parameter and am unsure what to put after the =
Post 11 IP   flag post
Ok, I have finally managed to get it working, by adding the old &start coding (not &sr, &ss) to the mpembed url
Post 12 IP   flag post
101636 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?