Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360BenroiFootage CobraManfrottoMonopodRicoh Theta Z1

iFootage Cobra Strike 2 Monopod11487

realeshots private msg quote post Address this user
I have Benro and Manfrotto tripod/monopods. Just ordered the iFootage Cobra Strike 2 monopod for shooting 360. I needed a dedicated monopod with a little heft to it. I already have a Benro tripod that has the ability to convert to a monopod, but I want to keep it dedicated for photography.

The iFootage monopod is extremely well built. Time will tell how well built it is. I initially decided on this monopod for it's weight(able to stay stable in wind. Also, the 3 position monopod legs to be able to be adjusted narrow(stairs when shooting Matterport) or wide(more stable). The bottom of the monopod has a ball head which I am not 100% in favor of. I know it will allow adjustments, but I am used to a fixed base to keep a 90° position of the camera to the floor. I am sure it will be a good option in the long run. Also, the quick disconnect feature was attractive so I don't have to repeatedly screw and unscrew my Z1(I don't want to risk stripping the threads or cracking the body). The monopod can also be converted to tabletop size if needed. The "one-handed" operation to extend or contract the length was also interesting and attractive. Admittedly, the closed length of the monopod is longer than I would like, but if I need something for hiking or traveling, I'll take my cheap Manfrotto VR monopod that came with my Theta V kit. This brand also features the dual screw post that houses a 1/4-20 thread mount screw inside of a spring activated 3/8-16. This deletes any need for adapters or flipping/replacing a screw for mounting other devices.

For the price, $137.99 on Amazon, I thought this was a terrific buy.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GBRYBHQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
I bought 2 last summer the Cobra2 A120 & A180
Post 2 IP   flag post
virtualpro private msg quote post Address this user
Great mono pod, I have the same one.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Spring, TX
Photography360 private msg quote post Address this user
Same here! It's a great monopod!
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
I'm looking for one too thanks for the heads up. I wish they made these with two features that I can't seem to find. I would love auto balancing head, and the base that's heavy enough to trust me walking away hiding behind a wall.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@GETMYVR

A couple small weights does the trick

Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
The iFootage monopods have a ball in the foot that make leveling pretty easy
Post 7 IP   flag post
realeshots private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GETMYVR
I'm looking for one too thanks for the heads up. I wish they made these with two features that I can't seem to find. I would love auto balancing head, and the base that's heavy enough to trust me walking away hiding behind a wall.

Is there another monopod that makes an auto-leveling head?
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Related WGAN Forum discussion:

9 Tripods/Monopods to Consider for Your 360º 1-Click Camera

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
101636 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?