Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 837 Unique Visitors
9,050 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 35,106 Page Views | 19,195 Unique Visitors | 29 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CamerasGearPricing

Looking for Timelapse Camera Options11443

coulee360 private msg quote post Address this user
I have a builder client that wants to do timelapses of the construction from digging to full exterior build.

I've looked online for options for cameras.
The Brinno BCC200 and the BCC2000 - unfortunately, look to both be out of stock
Also have found the Afidus ATL-200 and ATL-201.

Has anyone had any experience with any of these?

I like these options as they have long battery life so that I wouldnt have to go replace the batteries in the middle of the job.

Looking also for what kind of clamps/mounts work best.

The last thing is if you use standalone timelapse cameras what do you charge.

Thanks for any help
Post 1 IP   flag post
Saarikor private msg quote post Address this user
I have The Brinno BCC200 and the BCC2000.
both are miserable. quality is not enough for publications.

But if you still want those, I can sell both...
Post 2 IP   flag post
coulee360 private msg quote post Address this user
@Saarikor I've noticed the quality of the Brinno's being around 720p for image quality.

One thing I like about the Afidus cameras is they have 1080p and looks more promising to show higher quality.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Fmodjr1913 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm using the Brinno BCC100 for this project - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXjNqnLZR7g

Quality is definately horrible but my client is very happy with it. I will be producing some less lengthy versions once the project is finished.

I would say that ohther than the bad quality, the camera does what it is supposed to do and is a nice budget-minded option. You do have to worry about battery life. I have the project manager get it down so I can change batteries out and swap sd cards once per month (though memory is not an issue with a 32GB sd). I just agreed to send the client update footage once per month.

I "real" construction camera in my opinion is way worth the investment - even though it is a hefty upfront cost.
- acts as a 24/7 survey/security camera
- Full orbital motion with zoom to check in on project remotely with smartphone anytime.
- high quality 4k footage.
- Video too
- Goes back to set position and does time-lapse per your settings when not being used for something else.

With the amount of money my client is paying per month to service the cameras, they would be half way to the cost of a high-end construction camera.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Saarikor private msg quote post Address this user
BCC2000 haves 1080 also. But it is not enough.
Post 5 IP   flag post
101628 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?