Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceBusiness PlanHow ToMarketingNewbies

I am NEW in Matterport. What was your major mistakes and wins?11401

delucasso private msg quote post Address this user
Hi everybody,

I am a REALTOR with Photo services and I just purchased the Matterport PRO 2.
My main target is to add 360 tours to my services and provide them to other companies and Realtors.

Many of you are real PROs and I'd like to ask few questions, please:

1.) What major mistakes you made and suggest to avoid as a beginner and I should do it differently?
( for instance with payments, in equipment, on job site, with clients, etc. )

2.) What was your best decisions (wins) or way you did something in this industry?
( for instance pricing, equipment, presentation, etc. )

Thank you very much!

Lucas
Post 1 IP   flag post
Shawn_P private msg quote post Address this user
1. Major mistakes: Not trimming the "spray" along the outside of my scans and not filling in the mesh areas. Also not removing unnecessary guide rings before publishing.

2. Jury is still out on whether this is worthwhile. So many realtors are uncertain about the tech, don't see the value or through researching other vendors prices are concerned about the price point in regards to their marketing budget.

I'm a real estate photographer. I have few but not very many clients and thought the Matterport would be a leg up in the market. But it's been like a train leaving the station.
Post 2 IP   flag post
delucasso private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks Shawn for your comments. I really like your web.

For how long are you doing the Matterport tours? Do you think it's worth it to have only this service in photography portfolio? I have no intentions to do regular photography.

Have you tried to market Matterport via ads or was it just added to your services without pushing hard to advertisement?

The investment is really high. I am expecting the Matterport and I have to buy case, tripod, etc.

Thank you, Lucas
Post 3 IP   flag post
Shawn_P private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you. I'm going to change my site here in the next couple of days.

I'm in the I bought in, in May of 2019. I knew several realtors in my area and reached out to them. Realtors have asked me to provide both. If they buy both, I offer the photos at half price.

I use facebook and join realtor groups on facebook which is where I do most of my advertising. I'm a former corporate graphic designer and have worked mostly in marketing departments like JPMorgan Chase. So I market the Hell out of my service. Mostly I push the Matterport. In my area I'm probably the most reasonably priced.

I do mostly video and digital ads.

My realtor friends refer me to others and other potential clients. But as I said, it's been a lot slower than I thought it was going to be. Even more so now.

Best of luck in your venture.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Matt19 private msg quote post Address this user
Biggest mistake; buying the camera! Joking and not a joke at the same time! Matterport has turned it's back on early adopters, changed their terms and prices. While I love the product they pivoted and sounds like they are going to sub out to others now at low rates (new gig economy). They also don't seem to listen to product improvement requests! Good luck!
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@delucasso

Welcome to the WGAN Forum Community.

Since you are a real estate agent that is new to Matterport - with plans to offer a side-hustle offering Matterport – in addition to asking questions in the WGAN Forum, I recommend:

Training to Succeed Faster: WGAN-TV Training U includes 50+ Courses: 45+ Courses are Free
Matterport Service Provider Website within 14 Days: Transcript: Fast Start, Gorgeous Website for Matterport Service Providers

Best,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
101429 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?