Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Capture AppWish List

Matterport Capture App Wish List114

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by @alx3D
...the number 1 time killer ...: Failed scans. 95% of the time they do not need to be deleted, just saved until a closer scan is present.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Digishotz private msg quote post Address this user
Camera needs to capture the image data a lot faster. (spin scan faster)
Post 52 IP   flag post
If after scan is completed I count to 5ish before i walk into the path of the camera even though the Matterport App tells you it is safe to move camera. I have caught blurs of myself by moving in front of the lens too early.
Post 53 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Digishotz Wow! That's crazy. Thanks for the alert.

Dan
Post 54 IP   flag post
alx3D private msg quote post Address this user
It would be very easy and convenient to be able to do everything from the ipad before the upload that way you would not need a computer and could deliver your client everything onsite.

Option to Unlock the model on upload.

Let you pick starting position by selecting a scan and then pointing in the correct direction.

Let you pick the featured image by selecting a scan and then pointing in the correct direction.

Let you pick other images by selecting a scan and then pointing them in the correct direction.

Let you pick what scans to disable for the walkthrough but include for the model building.

Use The Trim tools to calculate interior area.

Give you a unique model ID immediately so that you can help your client with it while you are there.

Post 55 IP   flag post

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@@alx3D

Thank you for your bid thinking (above) on how to improve Capture.

Here is a summary of the ideas suggested in this thread so far (in addition to your last post)

High Priority / Minor Resources

1. Differentiate trim, window and mirror on the mini-map. (For example, different color lines)
2. Add a unique, positive sound when scan is successfully added to the mini-map. (This way, I can save neck strain by not needing to look at the iPad so often. Shoot for six hours that the head strain adds up.)
3. Option to geo-tag model (at least capture it and ask in 3D Workshop)
4. Add compass setting (North) for first scan. This will be helpful for gyro viewing mode on an iPad. (Plus, in VR mode, I would like 5. North to face North when I start).
5. About existing trim, why do I need to enlarge the mini-map to grab and edit? (Does not feel intuitive to need to do this.)
6. Can you hide the menu like Apple dock works? This would give us more space to view mini-map
7. Why is it when you make a line active, you move the non-active trim line near it? Can this be fixed?
8. For scenarios where we shoot spaces with doors open and close, we need an edit tool for permeable boundary. For example, in I shoot the hidden pantry in the Kitchen with the doors closed for all scans but one. When I open the pantry door and shoot the walk-in pantry, I can not walk into the pantry in the mode.

High Priority / High Resources

1. Keep reducing time to enable large spaces to be done much faster: 1) time to scan; 2) time to transfer data to iPad; 3) time to process; 4) time to move camera
2. Archive models in the Matterport cloud (so that six months later I can add the model back to my iPad and edit the mini-map to take advantage of future TBD enhancements). Plus, I would prefer my freelance photographers to be able to transfer the model to me to be able to edit and have the master (rather than via sharing account).
3. Preview scan on the iPad; or, at least the last scan or three

Low Priority / Minor Resources

1. Change name to Matterport Capture App Pro
2. Add progress bar to deleting scans. When you delete many scans, hard to tell if something is happening.
3. When uploading, also show “Description” text in my.matterport.com
Label rooms within Capture app (and/in in 3D Workshop): standard room names + custom
4. Wish List button: makes it easy to email to report error messages, bugs and ‘what happened’ at that moment.
5. Presently, Capture uploads in the background, which is good. Can you add the same “progress” while uploading (even though I have not selected upload)? (It’s a visual cue that my connection to the internet is working.)

Low Priority / High Resources

6. When the Capture app crashes, does it auto-generate a report to Matterport? If not, it should. If yes, add option to opt-out (or at least know that Capture is reporting the crash to Matterport).
Enable adding a detached building button to go along with new floor on app. For example, 18 cabins close together - same Inn – not not attached.
7. Marking a window at the top of an A-frame house results in a rectangular window going to the highest point in the room.
When you accidentally hit the lock button during a scan and then quickly reopen the app, the scan does not take and the scanner goes through all six phases. It would be nice if it would just reconnect (or, at least stop the scanner)
8. Add progress bar to duplicate model. When you duplicate the model, it is hard to tell if something is happening.
When a scan fails, do not delete the data. Alert us that the scan alignment failed. Save the data. Take an intermediate scan. Retry alignment with saved data. This would save a lot of time and allow us to move the camera greater distance with confidence.
9. How to enable two people to scan the space and merge the two? I start on the first floor and Alex starts on the second floor.
10. New edit tool for trimming data on the Z axis to clean-up skylights
11. Rollover free monthly scans if not used from the previous month
Offer pre-purchase package of scans to bring down the price per scan. 12. For example, instead of $19 per model (up to 100 scans), pre-pay for 100 @ $10 per model (up to 100 scans)
13. If you buy the Matterport Cloud Business Service Plan @ $1,499 yearly, the free models (11 per month) should be anytime in that year (11 x12 = 132).
14. When deleting a scan, can you auto-detect that it is a “support beam” and warn about deleting it? (So the house of cards does not collapse).

I sent the above to Matterport on Tuesday, 5 May 2015.

I will be doing a similar summary for 3D Showcase Wish List ideas.

Best,

Dan
Post 56 IP   flag post
As I move far enough away from a door often times I can close it and it will accept the scan but often times it won't. After a long scanning session I am not motivated to keep re-scanning until I get the door open/closed effect I was after.
8. For scenarios where we shoot spaces with doors open and close, we need an edit tool for permeable boundary. For example, in I shoot the hidden pantry in the Kitchen with the doors closed for all scans but one. When I open the pantry door and shoot the walk-in pantry, I can not walk into the pantry in the mode.
#8 is an important one to help us create a higher quality look with our models not to mention the cool factor of doors opening and closing behind us- heck let's through in some sound effects why we are at it.
Post 57 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Always make "last scan" a different color. Idea inspired by this Forum thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Jamie
...It would be near impossible to notice if it's aligned to a previously similar scan if you are in a hallway as such. Not like the mini map is very easy to read, especially in a case like that. ...
Post 58 IP   flag post
TIPS Button on/off (off position on start)(for user) pop-ups of 'tid-bit-tips while interacting with model.
Post 59 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Jacques
When a sweet can't align with previous ones, I would appreciate having diagnostic information that could help me figure out what to do (like getting closer or moving to the right or keep that door open...).
Post 60 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Make it easier to "grab" trim markings that have already been added + add an "undue" or "don't save changes" to trim tools.
Post 61 IP   flag post
desireebyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Being able to "link" separate scans for homes that have outbuildings like elaborate pool cabanas but you can't get to them because you can't take the camera accross a yard outside. So kind of treat it like a separate floor, and then have it show up on the main tour as a little button at the bottom, like "View Outbuilding" or something.
Post 62 IP   flag post
Add a music feature- I know music can be a bit corny. But the right music or or sound effects would add another dimension. Just make sure it has an off button.
Post 63 IP   flag post
Left side page slider for scans,annotations and gallery within administration module should be wider (can barely find it to select and drag)CS
Post 64 IP   flag post
JohnBecker private msg quote post Address this user
It would be really handy if we had another entity for "marking" a model.... a "trim corner," a ready-made 90 degree corner with stretchable ends. No more futzing with trying to get the corners right (especially inside corners), just place the entity and stretch the ends to fit. About 99% of the corners we trim are 90 degrees. This would be a huge convenience.
Post 65 IP   flag post
alx3D private msg quote post Address this user
I would like it if all the trim lines and other markings would lock in place and you can only adjust the select one. I am always accidentally moving mirrors and trim etc.
Post 66 IP   flag post
Sort order for models at MyMatterport should have option for ascending or descending this way models by creation date will show latest ones first if you so choose.CS
Post 67 IP   flag post
101436 67 17
This topic is archived. Start new topic?