Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 761 Unique Visitors
9,054 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,838 Page Views | 19,122 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360NewbiesReal EstateRicoh Theta Z1

Ricoh Theta Z1 for Matterport Tour: Grainy? How to improve picture quality?11392

profx private msg quote post Address this user
Does my matterport model look grainy for a Ricoh Theta Z1. What is the best aperture for indoor shots? Any advice for clearer pictures.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Cincinnati, OH
leonherbert private msg quote post Address this user
@profx Unfortunately what you see is what you get for a Matterport tour. You cannot change the aperture on the camera, in fact you cannot change anything on the camera, much like the matterport camera.

You can get access to the camera images from your ipad or iphone and post process them and use them in another virtual tour system.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
@profx It doesn't appear to be that grainy, but it does look like you had the camera on a ladder.
Post 3 IP   flag post
@leonherbert, I believe you can alter the camera settings on the Ricoh App and that will affect the image shown on the matterport capture app. I am wondering how everyone else is setting up their settings on the Ricoh app. What has been working for most shoots? HDR mode and auto white balance?
Post 4 IP   flag post
@rzphotoman thanks for the feedback. I agree. I had up to my eye level, I am 5'8", and didnt expect for the image to look like it was that high. Will be scanning at chin level next time.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
@profx I scan at 4 1/2 ft.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@leonherbert I have been using the Ricoh app during shoots to adjust the white balance, and have noticed that this will affect how the capture app captures the images, the white balance will be different. The problem with that is you if you do manual white balance, the capture app will have problems referencing other scans if you change the white balance between scans.

I figured if you set the ricoh app to aperture priority then you can choose the aperture and that would be set for the entire scan. I havent fully tested this since I do not know how to find the camera settings info that matterspace uses.
Post 7 IP   flag post
101736 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?