Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 837 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 35,106 Page Views | 19,195 Unique Visitors | 29 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Nikon Z6NikonZ6Ricoh Theta Z1Show TourVersus

Ricoh Theta Z1 🤜 versus 🤛 Nikon Z6 FX-Format Mirrorless Camera11388

Founder
Show & Tour
Leawood, Kansas
JoshMais private msg quote post Address this user
Decided to run an experiment. Ricoh Z1 vs Nikon Z6 (with an external flash). The Z1 stills were pulled from a Matterport tour, and then edited in Adobe Camera Raw. The Nikon Z6 stills where sent to our editing team in Vietnam and then edited by me in Camera Raw. See the results below!

Gallery created with Show & Tour

Why I ran this experiment... I like to compare the results from our manual photography process with those that can be achieved through automated processes (pulling stills from Matterport). I sometimes wonder, is all this work worth it??

My conclusion... I think Matterport does a surprisingly good job at processing images, one of the biggest reasons the Z1 images are inferior to the Z6 is because of resolution. Comparing the Pro2 would significantly decrease the gap. If you view these images on a phone, that perceived quality difference decreases. Yes, I still think our manual process for creating professional images is well worth it, but the gap is getting smaller and there may be some use cases where it's not worth it.

What do you think?

See also: Matterport with Z1 🤜 vs 🤛 Zillow with Z1
Post 1 IP   flag post
Garnetwest private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherpa_media
Decided to run an experiment. Ricoh Z1 vs Nikon Z6 (with an external flash). The Z1 stills were pulled from a Matterport tour, and then edited in Adobe Camera Raw. The Nikon Z6 stills where sent to our editing team in Vietnam and then edited by me in Camera Raw. See the results below! I can only see one set of stills (52 shots)

Gallery created with Show & Tour

Why I ran this experiment... I like to compare the results from our manual photography process with those that can be achieved through automated processes (pulling stills from Matterport). I sometimes wonder, is all this work worth it??

My conclusion... I think Matterport does a surprisingly good job at processing images, one of the biggest reasons the Z1 images are inferior to the Z6 is because of resolution. Comparing the Pro2 would significantly decrease the gap. If you view these images on a phone, that perceived quality difference decreases. Yes, I still think our manual process for creating professional images is well worth it, but the gap is getting smaller and there may be some use cases where it's not worth it.

What do you think?

See also: Matterport with Z1 🤜 vs 🤛 Zillow with Z1
Post 2 IP   flag post
virtualpro private msg quote post Address this user
Understanding how someone interacts with a virtual tour is key. High-definition photography will always have its place in marketing a property. However, I suspect with the adoption of Virtual tours less photography will be required. Instead of your 15-25 photos, potentially less complete house photography but more focus on the outside with a few good external/internal editorial photos.

We all experience virtual tours in a different way and the experience we have within the virtual tour is personal. The one thing I can tell you is that people are not looking at the photo but enjoying the experience.

Design great virtual tour experiences focus on a good solution that easily delivers quality Panos, easy to use platforms and great user experience, especially from a navigation point of view.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
pixelray private msg quote post Address this user
Pulling still pics from Matterport? Z1? SINNER!!! LOL Very interesting post. Thanks for sharing! "Sometimes I wonder if all the work is worth it". Lol....I hear ya.
Post 4 IP   flag post
bryanhscott private msg quote post Address this user
@sherpa_media Well, that was an easy contest to judge.

I'm with @pixelray.

Ever tried Nodalview (for stills)? Right out of the camera, using their processing w/ occasional very minor correction, they might even beat your Z6 (and, save a bunch of time behind Photoshop or avoid the trip to Vietnam).

Now, before I get jumped on, I am talking about most real estate agent clients, or property managers. For the the luxury properties, I'm definitely pulling out the big guns in terms of equipment and post-processing.
Post 5 IP   flag post
101629 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?