Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
COVID19Essential

During coronavirus shutdown, real estate is deemed an ‘essential business’11377

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Atlanta Agent Magazine (31 March 2020) During coronavirus shutdown, real estate is deemed an ‘essential business’

According to Atlanta Agent Magazine:

---

During coronavirus shutdown, real estate is deemed an ‘essential business’

With small businesses across the U.S. shuttered and deemed “non-essential” amidst the coronavirus shutdown, there’s been a lot of confusion about whether or not real estate services are considered essential.

In an effort to clear up that confusion, yesterday the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) released a list of industries considered “Essential Critical Infrastructure Workforce.”

In the report, “residential and commercial real estate services, including settlement services” are considered essential, as are “workers responsible for the leasing of residential properties to provide individuals and families with ready access to available housing.”

Source: Atlanta Agent Magazine
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Saugatuck, Michigan
fotoguy private msg quote post Address this user
From my research, this is a bit misleading. Here is what I found.

Christopher Krebs, director of the Department of Homeland Security’s Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), thinks so.

Earlier this week, Krebs designated “real estate services” as part of the nation’s “critical infrastructure” in a memorandum that serve as a guideline rather than an enforceable federal directive.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Fast Start
Websites
Peterborough, United Kingdom
angusnorriss private msg quote post Address this user
This virus is beyond any global research and is evolving faster than the testing against it. It is self-weaponising.

The USA is now the biggest carrier and sufferer.

No money or business acumen will sort it unless people stop spreading it.

Stop scanning. Stay home. Save lives.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
@angusnorriss Amen... what is more important money or your life ?

But agents will be agents 😂 Like I told a very large realtor firm that called me yesterday that I have been canvasing for over two years now.( Thank F@#$%ˆ&* Matterport hasn't contacted them yet ) They never believed in the tours and was doing the things and by things, let me put it in his own words "but this is how we have been doing it all these years and it works"... if any client tells you that it means their business model is broken and they are so far behind and is slow to adapt to new things. But none the-less two years of canvasing is maybe paying off as they want me to go and scan some properties for them small and high end listings. I just said to him out off all honesty nobody is being right now as the markets are crashing, but there will be a lot of distressed sellers and auctions very soon.

On the other side it took a damm pandemic to wake up the realtors to this technology, and that is just very sad to me.

Now here it goes , I just commented above what is more important money or lifes ? So do I go out and risk this for a couple of hundred dollars or practice what I preach?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Fast Start
Websites
Peterborough, United Kingdom
angusnorriss private msg quote post Address this user
The U.K. property market has been halted and estate agents have all closed. Moving firms cannot take new bookings to haul either. Each country is taking different measures for the same problem. We’ll see in the aftermath what economic choices worked best.

I can see scanning as an essential service as it reduces the amount of essential workers who have to travel to a work location (construction, architects etc).

I think real estate will also see it as essential and commission more when they re-open to avoid being caught out in the future.
Post 5 IP   flag post
101436 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?