Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceIndustryMatterport Competes with MSPsProblemsQuestion of the DayRealtorsSneaky

Matterport contacting your clients to sell them cameras11355

ChuckJ private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All !

I was told by a friend, who is also a MSP, that, Matterport was calling his clients (who are Real Estate Agents) to try to sell them Matterport cameras.
This is really tricky because, as a MSP when we upload a scan, we have to put our clients infos. Those infos are valuable leads for Matterport salespeople because the clients are already convinced that virtual tours are a thing, they can easily convinced them to save a lot of money by buying a camera and not hiring a photographer anymore.

Have you heard about such a thing ? or am I completely wrong ?
Post 1 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
This is sad but true.
Post 2 IP   flag post
3SixtyNow private msg quote post Address this user
They shouldn't be using any of our client's emails that are on the tours!! We are not their personal lead generation tool!!
Post 3 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
We are but pawns to Matterport and everyone knows no-one really cares about their pawns
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN
Basic
San Antonio, TX
EricThomas private msg quote post Address this user
Unfortunately they have been doing that for years!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Belfast, United Kingdom
3dshowcaseuk private msg quote post Address this user
The definitely contact anyone who is added as a collaborator so never add real estate agents as collaborators to your tour or if you do son assign on of there email addresses use one of yours.
Post 6 IP   flag post
martel private msg quote post Address this user
IMO, taking information we provide and using for their sales team seems a little on the illegal side. Violation of privacy much like HIPPA laws.
First thing a client will think OMG, you are sharing my business with companies to solicit me for business? Secondly, they can say did I give you permission to share my information with a company to contact me?
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Reading, United Kingdom
mcuddy private msg quote post Address this user
Technically I suppose if you add them as a collaborator to MP you should get explicit permission to share their information with 3rd parties.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Cincinnati, OH
leonherbert private msg quote post Address this user
I have not heard any verbiage from Matterport saying they would NOT use the information to solicit for new sales. So you can be sure that they are using that information. I do not TRUST Matterport which is really sad. It is sort of like working with an untrustworthy dog in a field herding sheep, you never really know if or when the dog is suddenly going to turn around and bite you on the butt.

An unfortunately you cannot euthanize it because you wouldn't be able to herd the sheep otherwise.

But a large number of more friendly sheep herding dogs are being born every day.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
To quote the "very stable genius" - "SAD!"
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

Reminder that this Matterport webinar starts at 11 am ET today (Thursday, 16 April 2020).

Dan

----

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod

Screen Grab of eBlast sent to Matterport Service Providers [likely in Target Markets]

Matterport Recruiting Matterport Service Providers to Compete with MSPs

Hi All,

Above is the eBlast sent by Matterport Marketing today (Thursday, 9 April 2020) to recruit Matterport Service Providers to compete with Matterport Service Providers.

Thursday, Apr 16 from 8:00 - 9:00 am PST / 11:00 - Noon EST / 3:00 - 4:00 pm GMT.

Matterport Register Now Link

Below is a screen grab of the landing page that this link goes to.

Your thoughts?

By the way ...

I could imagine that Matterport will say that it's not competing with Matterport Service Providers because large accounts would not engage MSPs individually and that this business is only possible because Matterport is handling it directly.

I would not object if this was a 3rd party company or agency that was recruiting Matterport Service Providers for projects because they are not the same company that sells the camera and sets the rates for processing, hosting, publishing to Google Street View, 2D schematic floor plans and likely other services in the future.)

Plus, Matterport IS establishing benchmark pricing of what MSPs are getting paid. Never mind that Matterport is excluding the process, hosting, etc. because ... potential clients will just see the Matterport pricing and soon MSPs will be asked by their client to honor the pricing that Matterport is paying you.)

When Uber started out, they only offered rides form limo drivers. Eventually, Uber offered service from all drivers; thus, competing with those it said it would originally help.

Thanks,

Dan

----

Screen grab of the Matterport landing page for its Matterport Register Now link in the eBlast above

---

Body Text of eBlast

Last November, we announced that we were working with fellow MSPs and customers across industries to explore more efficient ways to support the growth we foresaw for scanning services. At that time, we projected that the demand for high-fidelity, professional scans would continue to rise among businesses and consumers in 2020.

The COVID-19 outbreak has accelerated the rollout of this new program to meet the urgent need for Matterport 3D scans from enterprise customers with regional or national reach.

We’re excited to tell you all about the new scan services program and answer any questions you will most certainly have.

Please join us on Thursday, Apr 16 from 8:00 - 9:00 am PST / 11:00 - Noon EST / 3:00 - 4:00 pm GMT.

We look forward to seeing you on the 16th to share the opportunities ahead of us.

--

eMail confirmation for attending this event
Post 11 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod Thanks , waiting to grill them
Post 12 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
All that is going to happen is we are going to scan for peanuts. The sales people will carry on calling the clients that we bring on board to sell them cameras and we get a hand of sand and no K-Y.

If they want us to do the work, why not give us free cameras also.

Just always remember TIME = MONEY and what is your worth per hour go and work out that.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Cincinnati, OH
leonherbert private msg quote post Address this user
Wait if there is all this demand why did they fire 1/3 of their staff ????
Post 14 IP   flag post
101429 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?