Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceBatteriesMatterport CameraMatterport SupportNot Charging

1st Matterport Pro1 3D Camera Batteries not charging. Help please!!!11346

soundisgood private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all, so I'm trying to get my MC200 camera running after it setting for almost a year. The batteries are "sleeping" and Matterport is responding...slowly. I'd like to try to fix it myself by either jumpstarting them or replacing them.

Has anybody ever tried to wake them back up?

Has anybody replaced them? And if so can you provide info on this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Chris.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@soundisgood

Here are some related WGAN Forum discussions:

Storing Camera between Shoots
Battery Not Charging
HELP! Matterport Pro 3D Cameras wont charge??

Please let us know what Matterport Support says...

Best,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thanks Dan, I will...hopefully soon. :
Post 3 IP   flag post
Just an update... I've called, I've emailed, I've called sales, I've emailed again....no response. Thanks Matterport.

In a loosely related note. I have a client (real estate agent) that called Matterport yesterday and ordered a camera. It'll be here tomorrow. They told her if she'd called earlier in the day she could have gotten it today. Thats nice.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@soundisgood

I could imagine that Matterport has been overwhelmed with calls due to COVID-19 coronovirus.

To get through to Matterport Support, I recommend that you call Matterport Sales (instead of Matterport Support).

Then, ask the Matterport Sales Rep to either stay on the line while they get Support on the line, or ask the Sales Rep to stay on the line until you get Matterport Support.

Please keep us posted.

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
I hear what you're saying Dan and I wouldn't be upset if not for the second half of the story. I'd think if they can sell and ship new product they'd be able to respond to support emails.

I did try that after reading a post here recommending that tactic. Unfortunately, the sales rep I reached said he couldn't do that and that I should email. I told him that I had emailed with no luck. He gave me an excuse much like the one you made for them.

I wonder how their sells and shipping department is coping so well but their support system has completely broken down.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@soundisgood

Yup!

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@soundisgood

My best guess is that your Matterport battery is dead because it has not been used within a year.

I do not recommend doing the battery replacement yourself.

Your Matterport Pro1 3D Camera is likely out of warranty.

Please let us know how much Matterport charges to replace the battery and if they do a camera swap so that you do not have to wait for them to receive your camera and send it back.

Dan

P.S. From this WGAN Forum discussion two years ago ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Lbelland
Here's what I received from Matterport. The key for me was to call "sales" (which they pick up immediately) and ask for the support number then press "1" for immediate assistance for onsite issues.

Otherwise, going through the email system and waiting for one response per day would/was taking forever. The repair cost they quoted would be between $300-$500. They'll charge the CC I have on file.

Hello Lawrence,

[redacted] here with Fulfillment and I can assist with shipping a replacement camera out to you. I have a camera shipping today on FedEx tracking number ############## to the address you provided. As you are out of warranty, you will be responsible for the return shipping of your camera (SN:[redacted]) coming back to us for repairs. You may use any carrier and insurance is recommended. The address to return the camera is as follows:

Matterport
Attn: RMA-2628
352 E. Java Drive
Sunnyvale, CA 94089

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
[redacted]

I'm supposed to receive the camera Friday.

Hope this helps.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Thanks again Jeff! Just curious as to why you think I shouldn't try it myself?
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@soundisgood

I do not understand your question.

Can you ask it a different way?

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
Oh sorry, why do you recommend NOT changing the batteries myself?
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@soundisgood

Ah! Your personal safety.

Dan

From this WGAN Forum discussion 4 years ago ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by @360Verbeelding
Hi to you all. As i promised, the pictures from inside our camera. First of all its a well build camera, Everything is securly mounted to a strong aluminium frame. The Tree sensor arrays are mounted to A diecast aluminium frame, hold together with 2 steel pins. There is a PCB, the heart of the camera. Matterport development. No hard disk or SD drive everyting is embedded. Small SDcard slot on PCB. Sturdy connectors. Small stepper-motor rotating a strong axle.
2 LI 5300 14volts batteries.

Nothing wrong with the design and construction. Its simple but well build. It can take some what of abuse. Small wifi antenna at the top middle of the camera.

I opend the camera at my own risk and responsibility so you don't have to do this. We are repairing and modifying cameras for the last 15 years so i think we know what we are doing.

Please do not use these pictures for your own publications.

Happy scanning,
Grtz Rene.

Post 12 IP   flag post
101435 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?