Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
COVID19EssentialInman

Inman: Is real estate 'essential'? That's open to debate11341

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

Inman (31 March 2020) Is real estate 'essential'? That's open to debate

"I run a highly productive indie brokerage with nine agents. In early March, we had over 70 listings and 47 pending sales. My background is science journalism, and after reading numerous articles written by medical doctors and research scientists, I made a tough decision. I closed the office except by appointment," reports Inman. "Then, after seeing the number of cases double in a few days, I shut the office down and told my agents to go home. I did this prior to any government mandate.'

As a Matterport Service Provider, are you essential? (And, if yes, should you still be doing Matterport shoots?)

Dan

P.S. Save $20 on an Inman subscription with this WGAN Affiliate Link for Inman.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Matt19 private msg quote post Address this user
In Minnesota real estate has been ruled essential.
Post 2 IP   flag post
photosintheround private msg quote post Address this user
Clearly a gray area when it comes to Matterport, photography, etc.

Here in Colorado, Real Estate "transactions" are considered essential. The order specifically mentions some essential services under the LEGAL banner. I am assuming that mean closing agents, title companies, etc.

You could argue that photography, etc. is a service provided to an essential business.

It's certainly not clear....and I doubt you would get fined or arrested. Definitely different from the church in Tampa that had 500 people gathered.

That being said....Dan brought up the question as to whether we "should" be doing Matterport scans.
You could break it down even further by asking...."What about a vacant property?" That would be safer for everybody involved. What if you are in an area that only has 1 or 2 cases, vs a major metro area. Does that make a difference in whether we should be taking the risk?
Post 3 IP   flag post
101436 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?