Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 1,001 Unique Visitors
9,054 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,924 Page Views | 18,799 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
BarterBusiness DevelopmentCoronavirusCOVID19LegosMarketingTrade

Working for an exchange of services...11336

Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
What type of payment are you willing to accept right now?

Tomorrow my wife is doing a scan where she'll be paid in toys rather than cash (hey... who doesn't like playing with toys!)

Her email essentially said,

"Because of this Covid-19 crisis I’ve been thinking about creative ways that I can help other small businesses and support my family in return, and I wanted to see if you were interested in a trade of services?..." She then explains what the 3D Showcase is and says, "I believe that this can be a great tool for businesses to digitally market themselves and/or their products in this time of social isolation. Customers can “virtually visit” your store and navigate around from their phone, tablet or desktop (or even virtual reality), and “content tags” can be embedded that can provide details of products/services, show videos, link to other websites, etc.."

She sent that out to some of the places she frequents (favourite restaurant, pet store, toy store for kids, etc.). The toy store was the first to agree... others have said they'd think about it.

I know in our area most stores are closed right now, so this is the perfect time to get in there. For the business to pay "in kind" also helps them out because if you charge them "$X", they will give you "$X" of the retail price of their product in return whereas they bought it at wholesale price so it's a considerable saving for them as well.

P.S., this isn't a radical idea... I know several of us have traded scans for free or upgraded hotel stays and other services... What businesses can you imagine offering a proposal like this for?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Tosolini private msg quote post Address this user
I'm very in favor for in kind payments. I pitched it to my gym, but their priority seems to stay afloat during closure while still paying employees. I think it's a good idea that should work both during emergency and good times, as long as there is mutual interest in the exchange.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Wonderdawg private msg quote post Address this user
I would be more than happy to exchange for LEGO !
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Queen_City_3D

2021 restaurant gift certificates

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by @
as long as there is mutual interest in the exchange.

Likely “Barter Exchange” in every community; enables trading so you don’t need to find a direct match.

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
Mario360 private msg quote post Address this user
Great ideas guys and gals!

I would like to add this... Consider offering terms "x" mo 0% financing with a modest down payment whether cash or trade. Of course, there is the risk of non-payment but if you make the initial payment cover your costs you could be making the difference for the business (helping them keep their doors open during this challenging time). What's more likely, imo, is the business owner will remember your good will and reciprocate however they can.

"x" being whatever you're comfortable with...

Mario
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
All -

Barter can usually be a good thing. Consider though that there are tax implications to barter. We had a barter exchange club here locally - EVERY member ended up getting audited for TY 2018, some having to pay additional tax, penalty and interest. Don't know the particulars beyond that, just be careful and document, document, document.

Best,

Keith
Post 7 IP   flag post
101726 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?