Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CoronavirusCOVID19MarketingMetareal StageNewsVirtual Tour

Virtual tours in the time of COVID-1911287

Metareal
Representative
Montreal, Canada
ysabelc private msg quote post Address this user
Hope everyone is doing ok!

I wrote a Medium article on the impact COVID-19 is having on virtual tours.

Summary: Before the coronavirus, virtual tours were seen mostly as a cool gimmick that a majority of companies could live without. But since the virus started getting out of hand, and nation-wide quarantines were put in place, virtual tours have become essential to businesses, which gives us virtual tour makers plenty to be optimistic about.

Is this in line with your experiences? What are your thoughts on this crisis and how it's going to affect us?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Greenville, South Carolina
8643d private msg quote post Address this user
I’ve had more agents saying that they believe it will help their listings during this time. The agents and the home owners have been inquiring about what precautions I am taking. I’m not sure what I can do besides washing my hands, wearing gloves and shoe covers. I think I may ask the agent or owner to turn on all lights and open doors to keep my contact inside the home to a minimum or none at all. Any thoughts?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Ghagendorf private msg quote post Address this user
In addition to what you said I would have them make sure toilet lids are down and ceiling fans are off. I would also ask if anyone in the house or space has been diagnosed with a virus or is anyone under quarantine. I also asked that no one be on premise besides myself.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Metareal
Representative
Montreal, Canada
Here are the official Red Cross safety guidelines:

The Red Cross recommends the following steps to help prevent the spread of germs during this situation:

- Stay home if you can and avoid gatherings of more than ten people.

- Practice social distancing by keeping a distance of about six feet from others if you must go out in public.

- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after being in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.

- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.

- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.

- Stay home if you are sick, except to get medical care.

- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when coughing or sneezing; throw used tissues in the trash. If a tissue isn’t available, cough or sneeze into your elbow or sleeve, not your hands.

- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, handles, desks, computers, phones, keyboards, sinks, toilets, faucets and countertops.
If surfaces are dirty, clean them - use detergent or soap and water prior to disinfection. Full information on how to disinfect found here.

- Wear a facemask if you are sick. You should wear a facemask when you are around other people (e.g., sharing a room or vehicle) and before you enter a healthcare provider’s office.

So maybe just bring a mask and some Lysol spray/wipes with you, @8643d, in addition to what you're already doing.

And good idea @Ghagendorf. Best to only go to places that aren't suspect, and to be alone in the premises.
Post 4 IP   flag post
iGuide
Sales Team
Kitchener, Canada
andriystrebkov private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysabelc
Hope everyone is doing ok!

I wrote a Medium article on the impact COVID-19 is having on virtual tours.

Summary: Before the coronavirus, virtual tours were seen mostly as a cool gimmick that a majority of companies could live without. But since the virus started getting out of hand, and nation-wide quarantines were put in place, virtual tours have become essential to businesses, which gives us virtual tour makers plenty to be optimistic about.

Is this in line with your experiences? What are your thoughts on this crisis and how it's going to affect us?

@ysabelc , I agree with you. Just talking to some of the real estate agents these days, I see that they are getting more interested in virtual tours these days, especially when the open houses are being cancelled nation-wide. Some people already name virtual tours "24/7 open houses"
Post 5 IP   flag post
Metareal
Representative
Montreal, Canada
@andriystrebkov Just the silver lining we need during these times
Post 6 IP   flag post
101436 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?