Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Atlanta Agent ManagazineCOVID19National Association of RealtorsNews

Atlanta Agent Mag: What’s the coronavirus effect look like for real estate?11196

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Screen Grab from Atlanta Agent Magazine eBlast received Thursday, 12 March 2020

Atlanta Agent Magazine (10 March 2020) What’s the ‘coronavirus effect’ look like for real estate?

"According to a recent flash survey conducted by the National Association of Realtors, when asked about the coronavirus’ impact on the market, 11% of Realtors are seeing a reduction in buyer traffic and another 7% are reporting lower seller traffic," says Atlanta Agent Magazine.

I received this eblast today (12 March 2020) even though the article is dated 10 March 2020. (The news is likely worst now ...)

Plus: NAR: Coronavirus: A Guide for REALTORS®

Your thoughts?

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
I'm surprised that this subject isn't the focus of everything on WGAN.

Personally, I hope that the people at 3M (mask makers) and Purell (hand sanitizers) are NOT celebrating, but rather simply working hard to provide these essential tools for combatting the COVID-19 outbreak.

In the same sober tone, we should be aware that there has never been a better reason for all real estate to be promoted using 3D and 360° Virtual Tours. The focus of this event is on limiting, if not eliminating, close social contact. You can't do this any better in real estate than by replacing traditional open houses with the VIRTUAL OPEN HOUSE. Whether 3D (Matterport, GeoCV) or 360° (NodalView, RicohTours, 3DVista, EyeSpy360 and dozens of others) our tours keep people safe.

A few of these platforms such as NodalView, EyeSpy360 and I understand soon 3DVista, include "LIVE TOURS" wherein an agent can perform a live tour of a home as a video conference with the potential buyer. NodalView's system allows BOTH PARTIES to manipulate the screen, walking around, turning, tilting, in real time. It works surprisingly well!

The challenge here is how to promote the use of 3D and 360° Virtual Open House tours without crassly appearing to leverage a truly serious situation.

Let's get this conversation going. I'm curious what others are thinking.

Wash your hands and stay safe.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Home3D
I'm surprised that this subject isn't the focus of everything on WGAN.

Me too!

Quote:
The challenge here is how to promote the use of 3D and 360° Virtual Open House tours without crassly appearing to leverage a truly serious situation.

Seems like this is something that Matterport should be championing.

It's not crass when real estate agents are helping buyers and sellers that have concerns. As Matterport Service Providers - and Service Providers of other 3D/360 Virtual Tour solutions - we are helping real estate agents help their clients.

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
A few of these platforms such as NodalView, EyeSpy360 and I understand soon 3DVista, include "LIVE TOURS" wherein an agent can perform a live tour of a home as a video conference with the potential buyer. NodalView's system allows BOTH PARTIES to manipulate the screen, walking around, turning, tilting, in real time. It works surprisingly well!

Actually they do not need to. At first I was thinking to offer live streaming in 360 on youtube and do inspections live with an agent. This is just as an alternative for those who do not want to do tours for their own reasons.

Since a good quality video in 4K will require a fast mobile internet connection for streaming it live there is actually no point in doing it. I can just do it once per each property, record it in 360, upload it to youtube and make it available until a property sold.

I am starting to advertise tomorrow and offer two solutions for the virus problem. Natterport and 360 degree video inspection.
We will see how it goes.

My guess people would prefer tours but 360 videos with or without an agent can still be a good option for some buyers. I am sure there are plenty who will be happy to pay my fee for doing it just to be safe. Not to mention those remote buyers for whom coming personally from a far away distance will cost more in travel fees.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
@Home3D I agree with you. But one client that needed an urgent scan done on Thursday begged his tenant that is occupying/renting his property for access to his property. But the tenant just said no. As they have a small baby and just said they will take pictures for the owner. How will we get past this type of objection, as you also have to respect the tenant?

Empty listings are fine to go and shoot. But I see how this can be a problem for occupied listings. What is your take on this? Go in with a hazmat suite and a bucket of purell ?
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman
Since a good quality video in 4K will require a fast mobile internet connection for streaming it live there is actually no point in doing it. I can just do it once per each property, record it in 360, upload it to youtube and make it available until a property sold.

Cool! Can you post 360 video walkthrough videos - with and without an agent?

Good luck 🍀 with your biz developmenet strategy with these tactics. Eager to hear how it goes for you.

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerhard
But one client that needed an urgent scan done on Thursday begged his tenant that is occupying/renting his property for access to his property. But the tenant just said no. As they have a small baby and just said they will take pictures for the owner. How will we get past this type of objection, as you also have to respect the tenant?

Empty listings are fine to go and shoot. But I see how this can be a problem for occupied listings. What is your take on this? Go in with a hazmat suite and a bucket of purell ?

Would it make sense to let the agent know that you will wear disposable mask, gloves and shoe covers?

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
@Gerhard - at this time we’re facing not only COVID-19 but the “unknown”. How much of ‘community spread’ is due to infected people who do NOT show symptoms? Experts seem to think this is a significant portion. So we’re all on edge, hunkering down and wondering.

Very rarely have I been asked to shoot a tenant-occupied residence, so I’m a poor reference for that one. But I’m expecting that in an era of ‘social distancing’ that our all carrying booties, hand sanitizer and a mask may make people feel better. At least show that you’re prepared and willing to address these concerns if an owner or tenant is nervous.

On this Sunday morning, let me balance our angst with hopefulness.

Maybe this worldwide event will awaken Americans, all of them, to the importance of science over politics. And maybe, if we provide free, universal COVID-19 testing as needed to all people (remember, the virus does not discriminate based on race, sex, or documentation), Americans will begin to understand why every major developed country on Earth (except the U.S.) provides universal health care as a basic right. My neighbor’s good health benefits me.

And maybe, just maybe, this current rush for the world to band together will inspire the will to do the same for the existential threat of climate change which will, for our children and grandchildren, make COVID-19 looks like a insignificant blip in history.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Try to approach principals with the following:

"Your agents are running open houses and exposed to the risk a lot. They are shaking 100s of hands and talking to 100s of people at inspections in just one day.
What if they are going to catch the virus?
Then these agents come back to your real estate agency office and now your whole business is at risk to be shut down."

Something should really wake them up. If it is not a risk for visitors & home owners then they should at least care about their agents and their own business.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod

Cool! Can you post 360 video walkthrough videos - with and without an agent?

Good luck 🍀 with your biz developmenet strategy with these tactics. Eager to hear how it goes for you.

Dan

I will share it here if anybody orders it. It is already on my website as a service for COVID-19 Response.
Post 10 IP   flag post
101436 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?