Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 837 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 35,106 Page Views | 19,195 Unique Visitors | 29 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceFloor PlansPricing

Schematic floor plans inquires11164

JCHAFE private msg quote post Address this user
I get numerous requests from Realtors for just the schematic floor plans because they are interested in measurements and total square footage, but may not want a 3D because "the property doesn't warrant it".

Is there any way these can be created using the matterport camera bypassing the charge of the 3D model?

Between the cost of the 3D model plus the cost of the measurements, and factor in the exchange rate I pay for $USD, I'm being priced out of the market.

I could do 8 of these a day alone if my cost from matterport wasn't coming in at around the $50 mark.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
@DeeJ - Super Dee Johnson is all over this stuff right now working with CubiCasa. I bet her she couldn't make a floor plan in under 5 minutes and she smoked me doing it under 2 minutes.

Otherwise, shoot the Matterport with a Theta knowing they now charge on Legacy plans. Then shoot the tour over to Siva Alexander at Home3ds for next day turn around.

Dan has had some other services advertise on here I have not used.

I'm infatuated with @DeeJ. Getting beat by a girl is awesome
Post 2 IP   flag post
Cincinnati, OH
leonherbert private msg quote post Address this user
@JCHAFE You have to pay for a plan to get a model processed. if you are able to get 8 a day I am not sure why $69 a month is a problem. If you are only using the models to create floor plans, as soon as the floor plan is created you can archive or delete that model. You don't have to use Matterport to process the plans there are other providers I believe that can do it for cheaper.

Matterport charges $14.99 for professional plans. If you can get as many floor plans as you said, the floor plan would cost at most $16.

What are other players in the market charging, and how do they provide the service?
Post 3 IP   flag post
@leonherbert

The sweet spot in the real estate market here is only between $250k - $350k right now, with over 14 months of inventory. Most houses aren't selling, hence a lot of agents won't pay much for something they can do themselves (referring to measurements and square footage, not the floor plan)

I could provide measurements and square footage all day long for about $50 but thats what I'm paying for a model plus the plans themselves. I think the price of the plan alone is awesome, I upsell them for almost every 3D I create!

Not sure what you mean by only $69 a month?

Also, I'm getting paid in CAD put all my matterport fees are in USD. So I'm paying $1.37ish for every dollar and my matterport bill is already over $1k a month most months.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I just might switch my billing over to the new model...I think I calculated that everything over about 35 models a month on the business plan would be free....then no fee on the models I do for just the floor plans! Thanks for the idea!
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@JCHAFE

Keep both Matterport plans? Free processing with the new plan and transfer to the lower cost legacy hosting plan.

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod Thanks, that might just work perfect for me!
Post 7 IP   flag post
immersivespaces private msg quote post Address this user
Cubicasa is a great alternative. They are fast to capture and fast to process. You can capture an average house in 5-10 minutes. Definitely worth checking out.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Cincinnati, OH
leonherbert private msg quote post Address this user
@JCHAFE as @DanSmigrod said I have both the legacy and new plans, use the new to process the model, and if they don't want ti hosted I just archive it or delete it.

But it appears it
Post 9 IP   flag post
misho73 private msg quote post Address this user
Cubi.casa is the way to go. I deal with them for long and they are just amazing.
You will get the best customer support you will ever have with the amazing @deej
Post 10 IP   flag post
101629 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?