Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AsteroomInsta360 Pro 2Ricoh Theta VRicoh Theta Z1Rotator

Questions about Asteroom...11147

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

A WGAN Member writes....

——

Quote:
Originally Posted by @
...Does the iphone sit on a tripod and do you need an iPad to capture the scan? What kind of tripod? How much is Asteroom. Is it faster to capture than Matterport? Thanks!

——

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
Hilton Head Island, SC
THRHHI private msg quote post Address this user
You do not need an Ipad. The phone clips into their rotator which is on the tripod for captures. In my opinion it is pretty cheap. The first one they sent fell apart after about 6 rotations causing my phone to fall and crack the screen. They replaced the unit and it worked better but the construction is cheap and i would not trust my phone on it again. In addition the final tour however has lots of poor stitching. Look at the examples on their website and several of their tours have really bad stitching.
Post 2 IP   flag post
San Francisco
EricTsai private msg quote post Address this user
@THRHHI

Thank you for your feedback. The stitching really depends on the amount of data that was provided. The more Panos we have - the better the stitching gets.

In terms of rotator - we are continuing to improve the quality of the rotator. We included 3 months of service in the original packaging because it was the first batch of the rotators we had. Right now the ones we are selling on Amazon are the second generation. Even though there has been one negative feedback, most of the reviews were very positive.

Keep in mind - we have integration with most of the 360 cameras, including Ricoh V/Z1, and Insta360 One X. I believe most of the members here already have a 360 camera, so they don't even need an Asteroom rotator. They can simply download the App and start trying the product for free.
Post 3 IP   flag post
jwaltphotography private msg quote post Address this user
Here is my honest thoughts on the Asteroom. It was a breath of fresh air after feeling like I was chained to MP. I think the panokit is a great introductory way to use the product, but it isn't where it is the strongest. Investing in a Insta 360 One x for $400 and using it Asteroom is where this product shines. I can edit raw images in lightroom and export them to Asteroom without additional processing fees or obj. issues. We recently moves from matterport and could not be happier with Asteroom. The customer service is FAR better. The monthly hosting is FAR more reasonable. The original files are not held ransom and in my expereince, the time I save in shooting without alignment error makes it worth its weight in gold.
Post 4 IP   flag post
jthorstad private msg quote post Address this user
Can you describe the workflow a bit when using a 360 camera like a Z1? Do I shoot images normally, then upload and build on your site? Or do I shoot in your app, and it connects the tour automatically like Matterport?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTsai
@THRHHI

Thank you for your feedback. The stitching really depends on the amount of data that was provided. The more Panos we have - the better the stitching gets.

In terms of rotator - we are continuing to improve the quality of the rotator. We included 3 months of service in the original packaging because it was the first batch of the rotators we had. Right now the ones we are selling on Amazon are the second generation. Even though there has been one negative feedback, most of the reviews were very positive.

Keep in mind - we have integration with most of the 360 cameras, including Rioch V/Z1, and Insta360 One X. I believe most of the members here already have a 360 camera, so they don't even need an Asteroom rotator. They can simply download the App and start trying the product for free.
Post 5 IP   flag post
San Francisco
EricTsai private msg quote post Address this user
@jthorstad -

sure! You will shoot using our App (We have direct integration with Z1,v, and One X) and then simply upload the panos. Our back-office and AI will put together the dollhouse for you.

For users that use other 360 cameras- they can upload the panos using our web editor.

Here is a youtube video of how a photographer is able to put together an Asteroom tour in 15 minutes
Post 6 IP   flag post
101429 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?