Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 1,001 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,924 Page Views | 18,799 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
.XYZBIMBLK360Capture AppIndustry

What depends on what? Accuracy depends on software or on 3D-scanner?11139

SamSon_NewSpace3D private msg quote post Address this user
What is the experience? The quality and accuracy depends on software? Will it be a good result a LEICA BLK360 scanning with Matterport Capture? Or I have to work with LEICA Software?
I need pointcloud.
What is the biggest place what you scanned with Leica BLK360 without stitching in one model?
Thanks for the answers.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
Hello SamSon,

By our experience accuracy depends on capture hardware.
According to Matterport's document, the accuracy of Pro2 Camera is 1% and it is 0.1% for Leica BLK360.
We suggest you do a test by yourself.
We can help you to generate mesh file or point cloud from your Matterport showcase link for your test.

PM for detail.

Thank you.
JuMP team from Beijing China
Post 2 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@SamSon_NewSpace3D it actually can be both, you can have the best equipment like the BLK360 and depending on your software your accuracy can drop. I regularly use a FARO scanner and process it thru FARO Scene software and can tweak the processing to bring the accuracy up. But like @JuMP said you can only get as good as the accuracy of the equipment. I have little experience with BLK360 and if you just need a point cloud then I would use the LEICA software to create your pointcloud, then your only limitation would be your computers ability to process the large file size of pointcloud data. But if your need is the 3D walk thru than Matterport is a way to go but with limits. At the end of the day it depends what you need and are looking for.
Post 3 IP   flag post
101709 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?