Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
How toMuseumsScanningTipsWarehouse

Tips for scanning a 20000+ sq ft empty warehouse11072

Belfast, United Kingdom
3dshowcaseuk private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Folks

Last week I scanned the biggest open space to date and I was very nervous about alignment as I have had issues before.

I printed off the april tags from matterport site for assisted alignment before i went onsite, unfortunately it was only when I arrived onsite I noticed that only 27 had printed and not 50.

Anyway I started off well and following advice on matterport website, I turned off fast scanning. I scanned the perimeter of the room and when I ran into issues I used the april tags as instructed. These worked well when they were stuck to the wall but not when laid on the floor.

Anyway when I eventually got to the centre of the space No matter what I tried I could not get any alignment or it misaligned and put the scan in the wrong place.

Then I remembered about Cortex and the conversion of 360 to 3D data.

So as you can see in the video. I took a 360 image then I place on the map where it should be located and converted the data to 3D. I had to do this for approximately 15 scans(see image ) and after processing the tour turned out as perfect as it could be the only flaw being some black circles in doll house view where i had done 360 instead of normal scanning

Please excuse the language in the video but I was happy to say the least as I had travelled a long distance to scan the property

see video of completed tour

Post 1 IP   flag post
marcoastan private msg quote post Address this user
So you use april tag for the perimeter, and after that when you scan from the centre, you take 360 and than convert to 3D. Am I right?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Belfast, United Kingdom
3dshowcaseuk private msg quote post Address this user
Yes marcoastan.

Scan the perimeter and keep scanning until the alignment is failing then use 360 to fill in the middle space
Post 3 IP   flag post
101646 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?