Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 406 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 32,418 Page Views | 18,255 Unique Visitors | 24 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
hrefMuseumsNewbieswoocommerce

MatterTags: the text obscures the top of the image. Help please!11031

Marshallartsmedia private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all, I got Dan's email nudge to post here... I've been lurking for a few months

I am Paul Marshall, a professional hybrid videographer / photographer and I teach a little at a local University. I focus mainly on the arts as my business name suggests (although I'll shoot anything anywhere anytime).

I have been shooting 360 for about 4 years for fun but recently was introduced to the Matterport system through a new business acquaintance and have since picked up a ONE x and a ONE R and retain access to the MP2 pro through my business colleague.

I have only made one trial scan thus far, a large art exhibition (600m2) but it was successful and I learned a lot.

I had 85 scan points and I probably needed 110 to get the proximity the work that I need visitors to have. I suppose that's the point of running tests

The idea is that I will be able to scan next year's exhibition before opening and run the virtual exhibition alongside the actual exhibition, thereby opening up their selling opportunities to a global audience rather than those who can visit the museum.

I used mattertags that show the artwork in full along with the artist name, the work name and the medium e.g. Paul Marshall, 'what a mess', oil on canvas.

Ive also added a URL link back to the works on individual pages on a bespoke wordpress site where the work can be viewed in Hi-resolution images and ultimately purchased through the client.

I used woocommerce for the display of galleries and categories and to display prices etc. The cart however simply has a form to contact the client to check availability and execute the actual purchase because the items are being sold offline as well as online

A couple of things that have bothered me:

1. When I use images on the mattertags, the text obscures the top of the image
2. I have to use the raw URL for the mattertag link it doesn't accept html e.g. <a href="imagelink"> VISIBLE TEXT </a>
3. I have used MPembed plugin, I probably should dig deeper into plugins.

I can't share the model and site for now because it is still pending client approval unfortunately.

The ongoing hosting costs were a concern for them, however they should easily sell enough additional work to cover those as well as my fee for creating and managing the system.

The actual exhibition is 3 months but they would like the virtual exhibition to remain online for the full year.

They are working out the logistics of selling work outside the main exhibition period - that brings a new contractual wrinkle to be worked out as well as the work being sold in two places at once and the propensity for it all to get horribly out of sync

Anyway, nice to be here, I'll probably lurk more than post because you all ask great questions.

Thanks to Dan and team

P
Post 1 IP   flag post
Marshallartsmedia private msg quote post Address this user
I think I put my original post in the wrong place, I intended it to go in the introductions but it went into the main forum and Dan has shifted it here.

Doing my best to promulgate the stereotype of myself as an unsophisticated Paddy since 1964
Post 2 IP   flag post
Gladsmuir private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Paul,
Good luck with your project.

My solution to the crop on the Mattertags is to open the images in Photoshop.

I set a crop like 900 px high by 600 px wide.

Then I crop the image leaving a blank space above.

Then I flatten the image and save under a new name.

If the top area, which will be white has too contrast I fill the blank space with a similar colour to the image background.

This is a tour that shows the effect Link

To see an example go to SS Peter and Paul in the navigation and select the left hand Mattertag.
The image of the two saints has been extended on top to allow the text space without interfering with the image.

I hope this helps

Oliver
Post 3 IP   flag post
101704 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?