Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Google Street ViewGoThruGSVSee InsideSee Outside

Updating Google Images on Google Street View11025

Kansas City, KS
Richierichks private msg quote post Address this user
I looked around in the forum but didn't see a definitive answer.

If a business needs their "See Outside" updated due to remodeling or being a new business in that location,can we shoot the street in video mode and have it replace the existing Google Street View/Maps images?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Premium
Lahaina, Hawaii
Skeeter private msg quote post Address this user
That's a great question! Know how Google works I'm going to say no. They are not good at getting back to people with new updates at all.

I look forward to seeing anyone with an answer.
Post 2 IP   flag post
izoneguy private msg quote post Address this user
Check with Go Thru - https://gothru.co/
Post 3 IP   flag post
Cincinnati, OH
leonherbert private msg quote post Address this user
@Richierichks You can shoot the outside of the building and upload it to Google. There is no guarantee that Google will accept your video of course.

I presume you are Google recognised and you are talking about the blue line, streetview video.

Google looks at it to see if it better and newer. With that been said I doubt a human actually looks at the video. I have not had any problems doing this.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
I have never seen Google use UGC (user generated content) for "See Outside". If anyone has examples that contradict this, I would love to see it.

On the same note, I created blue lines for an apartment community using GoThru and a Pro-2 two years ago -- just uploading panos that were spaced 5 feet apart. They connect to the street.

https://bit.ly/2SkwozK

The biggest challenge I find with selling Street View is managing expectations.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Cincinnati, OH
leonherbert private msg quote post Address this user
@Metroplex360 Not sure our apples and pears are talking to each other.

Link again

I have used both methods with a Pro-2
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I can confirm that there is no guarantee which version of Street View will be picked up for business outside view. If there are few most likely it will be the one done by Google, no matter how old it is.

For streets though I can see sometimes my own version which was done a few weeks ago instead of the Google one shown by default.
Post 7 IP   flag post
101432 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?