Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseAdviceScanning

Not connected spaces1099

360Verbeelding private msg quote post Address this user
Hello fellow MP-ers,
Next monday i have to shoot a hotel in Amsterdam. Multiple spaces. The lobby, standard room, suite an the spa. Great job but the problem is that these space are not connected. So what is the best way to approach this. Shoot 4 different scans. And upload these to MP and get 4 Showcases back Or is there a way to create a connection so its going to be 1 Showcase. I have been thinking seeing the spaces as different floor but then i still mis the connection between scans.

So what do you think how to handle this.

Happy scanning, Grtz Rene, The Netherlands.
Post 1 IP   flag post
JohnBecker private msg quote post Address this user
Unless you can scan connecting hallways, those separate spaces will have to be separate models.
Post 2 IP   flag post
joelE private msg quote post Address this user
I asked similar to Matterport and what they told me you have to make 4 different tours but you can linked them in the highlight to switch from each other.
They have a sample somewhere on their website (will try to find it again)
Post 3 IP   flag post
Hi JoelE, thank you for the info. Sounds like a solution. I go to their site and try to find the info as well. Thanks again. Grtz Rene.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Cleveland, OH
CLE3D private msg quote post Address this user
Here's another instance where I can't wait for Mattertags! Could easily create links to each model through Mattertags in the lobby of the hotel to take you to each: ballroom, room type, gym, pool, etc.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I am thinking about something to do with the elevators.
I don't know how jet but maybe i can trick something.
if the hal space on every floor looks allike then maybe it might work. Grtz Rene.
Post 6 IP   flag post
RenderingSpace private msg quote post Address this user
I seriously doubt you could trick the camera by scanning an elevator but I'll be interested to hear if it works.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Just finished the scans today. Big Job.
Could not trick the MP.
Spaces where to far apart. So end-result is Tree different scans. It might would have worked if the rooms where closer to the elevator. On every floor the elevators opend at the same space but distance was now a more the Eighty meter long hall way with lost of people.
Scans are now being processed.

Grtz Rene.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@360Verbeelding, did you manage how you will publish it now ?
I wrote to Matterport to see about Highlight link but no answer so far
Post 9 IP   flag post
I'm quite disappointed as Matterport replied and told that for big space, they cannot link several tours, so for a mall, it will be very hard.
Even with the future Mattertag, they won't have link so unable to expend.
They say just make multi tours but not the best for a complete mall, not good to stop in the middle and then tell customer, open a new tour
I hoped Mattertag would have been solution, but not on this side
Post 10 IP   flag post
Hi, experienced major problems with the Showcase of the Spa. Because there was a lot of infra red interference the scans did not aline correctly. The pool that is at the end of the hall way now showed up in the middle of the hall way. This was one oa the conclusions from Glenn at MP. Glenn found the time to send me a amazing email with detailed information about everything that might have gone wrong. Absolutely great service. It looks like a have to scan the spa again. What basically is impossible. It might be a solution to treat every room as separate showcases. I hope this is possible.
Fingers crossed.
Grtz Rene.
Post 11 IP   flag post
101424 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?