Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
ComparePro1Pro2Ricoh Theta Z1UsedVersus

Help Please! Matterport Pro1 3D Camera versus Matterport Pro2 3D Camera?10888

kearnj62 private msg quote post Address this user
Hello,

I've helped out on a couple of RE tours with an MP Pro 2 and want to buy a pre-owned Pro 3D model to start doing them on my own.

The price difference between the 2 models is significant can someone please point out the major differences between the two models and if going with the less expensive Pro would put me at enough of a competitive disadvantage to justify paying 1000's more?

Thanks in advance for the insight

John
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@kearnj62

Here are all the WGAN Forum discussions tagged: Pro2

You might look at the older first to see WGAN Members comparing the Matterport Pro1 3D Cameras with the Matterport Pro2 3D Camera.

Does this help?

Others will likely add to this discussion whom have used both cameras.

Best,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
bryanhscott private msg quote post Address this user
@kearnj62 I took delivery of my first Pro2 after viewing at least 50 tours done by Pro1, then comparing resolution quality to Pro2.

For my part, if I'm willing to accept Pro1 resolution quality, I would just purchase a Ricoh Theta Z1 and save some money and get a warranty in the process.

The workflow is same in Matterport Workshop 3.0. Just know that the measurement accuracy with the Z1 is less accurate (4% - 9% was the quote, if memory serves me) vs. 1% accuracy with the Pro2 (not sure about this spec with Pro1, so check with Matterport on this).

It depends on who you intend to serve (Realtors, business owners, AEC, etc.), but I have a higher-quality Matterport/Pro2 package and am about to add a Z1/EyeSpy360 (vis a vis the brand new WGAN offering from EyeSpy360) package for agents who just can't dig quite that deep into their wallet.

All things considered, you would be well-served buying a brand new Pro2 (with warranty and support) directly from the support source - Matterport.

Good luck with it!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
Pro2 image quality is considerably better than Pro1.

I agree wholeheartedly with @bryanhscott's statement:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanhscott

For my part, if I'm willing to accept Pro1 resolution quality, I would just purchase a Ricoh Theta Z1 and save some money and get a warranty in the process.

My wife and I own both cameras but haven't used the Pro1 in 2+ years (or however long ago that we got the Pro2). Just keeping it in case we needed it in emergency situation while Pro2 was out of commission and getting fixed.

Other than the annoying artifacts that plague the Matterport camera (e.g, misalignment on railings, chairs, glass table edges, etc.) you can typically get great images from the Pro2 (helps to do some post-production editing though to really make them stellar).
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
@bryanhscott I would throw a big asterix with the Pro1 vs the Ricoh theta Z1 with the actual 3D data that a Pro1 collects I would feel more confident with a Pro1 on larger jobs over a pure Z1 workflow. I have experienced some issues in regards to the mesh with the 360 cams and I have shot on all the supported cameras with exception of the lieka
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Any of the supported 360 cameras will also require a 3rd party for floor plans

If the majority of the homes I shot were single level this may change my opinion on a Z1 only for the Matterport ecosystem.

The Z1 is in my daily kit for filling in exteriors & Zillow 3D home tours
Post 6 IP   flag post
@lilnitsch Agreed on certain anomalies with Z1 vs. Pro. I have noticed this as well, but haven't been too alarmed, because I haven't had any real issues (yet).

Exceedingly good point on floor plans. With 360 cams, you don't even have the option of selecting the feature in Workshop. Oopsie!! I am reminded that MP support told me they don't provide them because they can't - just that they won't. Bummer - I still don't quite understand why they wouldn't rather displace Cubi.Casa, or others, despite the accuracy/error issues. Must represent a real hassle to their workflow.

Thanks for the input! Love that area you work in BTW. I was born and raised in Twin Falls and, believe it or not, never made it further north than Lewiston in the 23 years I spent in good 'ol ID.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@bryanhscott I have a kat out of China I have been using that delivers a good floor plan from just the Matterport link regardless of what camera it was shot on he can do a near matterport equivalent or add color or even the 3D floor plans
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@bryanhscott I shot a 10,000 sqft cabin down in the Lewiston/ Moscow area last summer. I have a pretty wide base camp. I go where the money takes me
Post 9 IP   flag post
@lilnitsch No kidding! From Eastern Wash to central ID - quite a service area for sure. Real pretty country for all that wheel-time though. Too bad you can't earn frequent flier road miles!
Post 10 IP   flag post
@lilnitsch Nice! Would love to know contact info on the China kat!
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@bryanhscott pm sent
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
@lilnitsch - I would also like to know your floor plan artist and see some of the examples, both simple and complex.

@kearnj62 - When the Pro 2 came out I posed questions to a MP contact who reported there is no difference at all between the cameras except for the photographic resolution. Same IR scanner and cloud data. My clients all want high-quality HDR photography. I have never used stills from MP. As a result I still use Pro 1 for much scanning. IMHO, Pro 2 matters much more in retail models where customers will want, even need, to zoom in to inspect items, products on display. For a home shopper wandering through a tour, Pro 2 resolution is nice but less necessary. Just my opinion.

Of course if your service is to create MP tours AND use the MP stills instead of shooting professional photographs, Pro 2 is a must.
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@Home3D

I do not have a simple variation handy on my phone but this is a 3D variant

Contact info in a pm
Post 14 IP   flag post
101432 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?