Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 837 Unique Visitors
9,051 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 35,106 Page Views | 19,195 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D Showcase4DAGE 3D VR 360 Camera4DKanKan ProCES2020Pano2VRPanoskin

4DAGE 3D VR 360 Camera CES202010857

WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
#CES2020
---

It seems this camera has been missed on CES2020 while it looks very promising.

Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Wingman

Great find! 4DKanKan Pro 3D Camera from 4Dage Technology.

How is your Chinese? 4Dage Technology Website.

I added posted your find to:

Four 360º Virtual Tour Cameras & One Tour Platform Announced Around CES2020

(Make that 5 cameras!)

Best,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
Ianx private msg quote post Address this user
Looked exciting ...till I saw this: https://www.4dkankan.com/showPC.html?m=djryzBtW - the room contents are all flattened to the floor & walls. Don’t know if this is from an earlier (4-lens) camera but I’ve not found another example that does what their pointcloud/cgi teaser suggests.

And then I read this: https://www.4dkankan.com/#/pricedetail

Worth keeping an eye on? ...perhaps, perhaps not!
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
The result of 4DKanKan is not the real 3D, there are big difference to Matterport showcase.
They are not at the same level.
You can see there is no detail in 4DKanKan dollhouse view, only wall.
By my experience the 3D mesh in 4DKanKan is man made extruded mesh from a man made floorplan.
And 4DKanKan may not support multi-layer house. All demo showcases are one floor.

Please refer below showcase, it should not be flat floor and all measurement lines are no meanings.
https://www.4dkankan.com/showProPC.html?m=feIWDOHOt

And this one: where is the walls in the middle?
https://www.4dkankan.com/showProPC.html?m=CtbcY4QEO
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
I do not think they claimed anywhere that they are using LIDARs. They said all 8 are imaging sensors. I posted it here because nobody else's apart from that channel owner mentioned this camera showcased on CES2020.

Regarding a dollhouse, it depends what purpose it needs to serve. For me it is to show a space layout and their dollhouse looks super clean. It does look weird with all furniture flattened but it serves the purpose for me.

They may be using the same way to build it as the "
Walkabout Worlds 3D/360 Editor" app(see at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.walkabouts.game&hl=en_AU) used to do.

However after looking at their actual tour it seems it may need a lot of work. I cannot see any sharpness and tiles are loading really long time making like half of any scene in good quality and another half blurred. Also tried to zoom in to see things closer but it just moves to the next spot.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Kumar private msg quote post Address this user
this is exactly what 'nodalview' is doing - nodal view looks much better in every way for that matter.

I was hoping to have imagery right with this 8 cameras but a cell phone with fish eye lens proves way better.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Here is another trick of their... CAD models with mix of some textures instead of actual photogrammetry.

https://www.4dkankan.com/showPC.html?m=x2kIkoCB
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN
Premium
Lahaina, Hawaii
Skeeter private msg quote post Address this user
I love the potential of this camera. Although I need something that I can host myself with monthly fees. Any ideas?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Self hosting is possible with this system
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter
I love the potential of this camera. Although I need something that I can host myself with monthly fees. Any ideas?

Technically you can use any camera even a Matterport one and create a self-hosting solution. All you need for it is all 360 photos done and some software for building a self hosted tour.

With Matterport though you need to publish to GSV first(costs $15 to publish) and upload them to your PC from there. However you will even get all Matterport 360s aligned & linked so you won't have to do much before you can build a self hosted tour from it.

As for software I would recommend to invest in Pano2VR Pro or something similar. It is one time off for the license and no fees for publishing to GSV or building a self hosted tour.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@Wingman

360 tour and 3D-360 tour are two different things. The value proposition of 3D element is subjective but comparison of the two is not right.
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Wingman

Thank you for all your great posts: particularly on 360º shooting and hosting.

Hi All,

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Wingman
As for software I would recommend to invest in Pano2VR Pro or something similar. It is one time off for the license and no fees for publishing to GSV or building a self hosted tour.

WGAN Standard and Premium Members get the free use of Panoskin to moderate their Google Street View tours.

Best,

Dan
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Skeeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter

WGAN List of 130 3D/360 Virtual Tour/Software Hosting Platforms

Best,

Dan
Post 13 IP   flag post
101628 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?