Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
HostingHosting FeesMarketingPricingStrategy

Hosting Fees based on the New Matterport Pricing Plans10853

johnwheatley private msg quote post Address this user
It has been a while since Matterport changed it's pricing structure, and I imagine that is forcing most of you to re-think your policy/prices for hosting.

Dan's Training on pricing for nubes suggests including 1 year of hosting, but that was filmed before the new pricing. And I notice that many "old" MSP's offer scans that include hosting for long periods or "forever."

Now that new pricing has been with us a while, I'm curious how member here are changing their mindset regarding hosting. Do you plan to change later when you migrate to the new plan? Or have you already updated your rates/policy for hosting?

I'm thinking to include 3 months of hosting with the initial scan, then $100 per year, or $40 per quarter or $20 per month.

Thoughts?

john
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Fan Club
Cairo, Egypt
AhmedAttia private msg quote post Address this user
I guess 100$ per year is fair enough.
Post 2 IP   flag post
bryanhscott private msg quote post Address this user
@johnwheatley I include the first 4 months for FREE, then if they need or wish to re-up, it's $30 per quarter. As Dan pointed out in a prior post, you just need a convenient, automated way to remind yourself and your client that this is going to occur by a specific date, then be able to bill them without a lot of drama or investment of time.
Post 3 IP   flag post
@bryonhscott - $30/quarter is more simple than offering a choice of annual/quarterly/monthly. Sometimes simple is the smarter move.
- Are you getting feedback from clients on that price?
- Are your treating real estate listing scans the same as rentals or commercial scans (scans that are planned to host to infinity)?
- Are you charging monthly for Google Street?
Post 4 IP   flag post
bryanhscott private msg quote post Address this user
@johnwheatley For residential, haven’t had to deal with it yet, because this market remains hot and they sell before it becomes an issue.

For commercial, longer-term hosting, they don’t seem to be alarmed by what amounts to $10/mo.

On GSV, I throw it in with the usual hosting.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
I never see anyone address how to price these things to help cover their cost to keep a Portfolio. Is everyone using the Matterport examples near the ocean when their target market is in a wooded area?
Post 6 IP   flag post
@VTLV I'm not sure I understand your question. What Matterport examples are you asking about? And I think hosting costs are the same on the beach as they are in the woods, no?
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
@johnwheatley. For you and I, the hosting costs are the same - yes.

What I am referring to is Trust issues with a new client. I live in the desert, me showing a virtual tour out in the woods or near the beach do not represent a tour shot here in Vegas. I would now be showing people a tour I did not shoot.

People are not going to believe I have ever shot here in town if I do not have an example. Same for restaurants and other types of properties. The portfolio of having similar situation tours to share have helped greatly. About 20% of my inventory is held onto for reference to win another project if previous clients choose to let go of the tour and it's hosting costs.

Are you looking at that cost to hang onto some older tours or could you care less? I do not see anyone address this topic.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
@VTLV I agree with you. I don't understand this new pricing structure as it does not benefits me as a service provider at all.

I have tours that I have to keep them active for a very long time, yes the client paid me a premium so it justifies hosting them for them. Who has the time to send out hundreds of invoices a month for coins for hosting its a waste of time, chasing clients for these payments?

We need self-hosting option yesterday...

But what does not make cents or sense is Mattreport contacting our clients selling them cameras.

MSP's undercutting each other on prices

Matterport branding on the tour and it is clickable going to the pricing page ??? what is up with that.

But it comes down to this and I am getting tired now of saying this, Mattreport in not listening to us as a community, you listen to your customers, we are the customers. Our clients are not Matterports customers and once they get that into their skulls and focusing on improving the product that we deliver to our end-users not their end-users will we be able to sustain this business but what is happening currently is not a very healthy business model.
Post 9 IP   flag post
101646 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?