Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceInsta360 Pro 2NewbiesProblemsScanningWiFi

Weird Matterport/Insta360 One X issue.......maybe a haunted house???10808

photosintheround private msg quote post Address this user
I had a strange situation today..... I did a 3000 sq/ft house in the morning 10am to 12pm, and took around 100 scans. No problems and everything worked perfectly.

Went to another home at 1:00, and had nothing but issues. Even the very first scan said something like "Can't create 3D image". Probably 30 percent of the other scans gave me network not connected errors and some 3D image error. I recycled the power, changed batteries, restarted iPad....nothing but issues.

I called Matterport on the way home and they said "Try again when you get home...sometimes it's just the house!!"

Well.....I did multiple scan shots at my house.....NO PROBLEMS or errors!!!! I thought maybe the insta was getting hot, but, I've done 2 in the same day before...with no issues!

This was a new construction house......in a ruralish area. It's all quite strange!!!

Any ideas?????

THANKS!!!

Mark
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
I haven’t shot anything recently with the Insta360 as the quality didn’t meet my requirements but, when I was testing the 360 cameras I shot a few homes and our real estate office with no issues
Post 2 IP   flag post
bryanhscott private msg quote post Address this user
@photosintheround As you know, the camera is connected to your iPad via it's own WiFi network. My guess is (and, it's only a guess) that the occupants of the property have one or more of their own WiFi networks deployed in the house, which may be creating interference with your camera's connection. Next time, ask the occupant if you can just turn off their WiFi to see if this is the culprit.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I was wondering if there was some interference. The weird thing is that it’s new construction and shouldn’t have WiFi. Maybe a neighbor?
Thanks for your reply!
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Here are a couple spaces I did with the Insta360 One X

Final product just wasn't to my standard

Post 5 IP   flag post
Thanks!!! I will take a look. Do you use the Z1 instead, or one of the matterport cameras?
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@photosintheround I primarily shoot on a Pro2 but, I use the Z1 to fill in exteriors & I also use the Z1 for Zillow 3D home tours. I offer the Zillow 3D home tours as an add-on service
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
I own all 3 of the supported 360 cameras and if I were to rate them from best to worst:

Theta Z1 (Best) also allows for Zillow 3D home tours

Theta V (Middle) also allows for Zillow 3D home tours

Insta360 One X (Worst) Still a decent 360 camera and if doing 360 video this is still a competent camera
Post 8 IP   flag post
Thanks for all the feedback!!!!
Post 9 IP   flag post
101432 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?