Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 837 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 35,106 Page Views | 19,195 Unique Visitors | 29 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
DesignLogoQuestion of the Day

Question of the Day: Your thoughts about the new Matterport logo?10807

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Screen Grab from Matterport LinkedIn Post

Hi All,

The WGAN Forum Question of the Day for Friday, 10 January 2020:

Your thoughts about the new Matterport logo?

Bonus Question: How does this change affect you?

Happy New Year,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
I preferred the previous logo. New logo is ugly and colors are wonky

Means I am sitting on some sign riders with the older better looking logo
Post 2 IP   flag post
New Interior
Solutions
Bellevue, Washington
ftosolini private msg quote post Address this user
I like it, I would have probably kept the original colors for consistency, but the shape is quite unique.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
The good:

Has a nice letter M in it!
Is a 3D representation

The bad:

No continuity to previous logo

So, I'm keeping and using my old MSP badge, unless they want to send me a new one with the new logo!

Keith
Post 4 IP   flag post
photosintheround private msg quote post Address this user
I like it! Change is good....and I hope the change brings on new features, too!!!
Post 5 IP   flag post
coulee360 private msg quote post Address this user
@lilnitsch I am also now sitting on several sign riders with the old Matterport branding style. I'm going to be redesigning new without Matterports name on them, just going to do generic 3D Tour riders instead.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
@coulee360 I’m gonna burn through what I have then decide. I have a QR code on my riders that direct folks back to a standing inventory page or tours. I have a url on the sign as well for folks that are less savvy. I have gotten a couple other agents calling off of my signs as well asking if I could shoot their listings
Post 7 IP   flag post
Changesin3d private msg quote post Address this user
I am wondering where the new MSP logo is? Are they going to get rid of that now that they are not promoting the program along with the sale of the camera. Last time I looked at the website I could find no mention of the program and all mention of the executive team and Board of Directors is gone. From a standpoint of "Street Creds" it was cool seeing Qualcomm and others there.

To my eye I liked the older version of the website more. The new version is rather bland, I have seen MSP's websites that from a design standard are much higher.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@Changesin3d I'm almost thinking they won't do a new MSP logo for the existing providers as we are no longer their focus to "partner" with. I agree the old website had a slight better feel (maybe the old branding and color scheme helped with that).

One thing I missed from when I first got my camera 3 years ago was where you could zoom in on the map to see how many providers where in what areas.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Changesin3d private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by coulee360
@Changesin3d I'm almost thinking they won't do a new MSP logo for the existing providers as we are no longer their focus to "partner" with. I agree the old website had a slight better feel (maybe the old branding and color scheme helped with that).

I can remember when they,(Jonathan Buckley) kept telling the MSP they were working on a new program for us. Do you really think it is just to forget us and go to the bigger enterprise level providers and feed them all the leads that the MSP's were supposed to get?

Time to stay positive, maybe someone has a new MSP logo now and we just have not see it, maybe Dan has one he can share.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like something you could get for $250k following the tracks of the NAR in 2018.

clickable text
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
I just noticed that the logo font is a real throw-back - a mid 90's favorite! That doesn't bespeak a forward thinking tech company!
Post 12 IP   flag post
3 minutes in illustrator to do a mockup of a similar looking mockup of the MSP badge

Left is obviously the original and left is the mockup I did with the new logo.

Post 13 IP   flag post
Brooklyn, NY
Oboldyrev private msg quote post Address this user
I like it. So far it took 2 minutes to update my website where I have "powered by matterport" image.
Waiting for them to release official msp badge
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
Hmm, I guess I like it about the same as the old one. The new "M" and the 3D shape expresses the product's concept. However, the old one had a sort of mystery to it, which was maybe more intriguing. I like the mystery.
Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

I am surprised that Matterport did not use a GIF of the new Matterport logo rotating on their website since we rotate and walk around a Digital Twin.

By the way, here is the Matterport Media Kit that includes the artwork, colors, etc.

Dan
Post 16 IP   flag post
srennick private msg quote post Address this user
@oldboldrev I have always loved the blue they use. #002f40. I don't like the red. At all.
Post 17 IP   flag post
101629 17 17
This topic is archived. Start new topic?