Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Embed CodeEmbedResponsively.comHelpiFrameWordPressWP3D Models

Help Please with Embedding Matterport Tours in my Wordpress site10798

DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
I can not seem to embed a Matterport tour into my Word press at this time.

Every time I put the embed code in the embed window (not a URL window...) it says put in a valid URL.

Any idea folks Douglas
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@DouglasMeyers

To help the WGAN Community trouble shoot, can you:

1. Show us the Matterport iFrame embed code that you are using
2. A screen grab showing the same code in WordPress (so we can see where you are pasting it)

Thanks,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
If using WP3D you simply use the Matterport link ~ Should also be noted that the tour needs to be set to Public

Post 3 IP   flag post
Gladsmuir private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Douglas,

1. Make sure its the Embed Code you have copied.
It looks like this:
<iframe src="https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=9ijsUj9Rgsi&amp;hl=1&amp;ts=3" width="853" height="480" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="allowfullscreen"></iframe>

2. Ensure that the WordPress page is set to 'Text' in the top right-hand corner.

3. Paste and save.
It really is that easy.

4. An alternative is to create a graphic, and add the Link Code to the graphic, like this:
clickable text

PM if you need any guidance.
Oliver
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
If everything matches what @Gladsmuir suggests above. Try using EmbedResponsively.com. Drop the iframe code into the generic iframe tab and see if the code it spits out works any better for you.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Sorry all, my car just died and I am dealing with that. I will go over all this in a little bite but here is what Dan asked for.

Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@DouglasMeyers Did you try just the matterport link by chance?

The tour is indeed public & viewable ~ I would see what the result of just pasting the tour link in the field results in

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=4VVGHZexwX6&help=1

<iframe width='853' height='480' src='https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=4VVGHZexwX6&help=1' frameborder="0" allowfullscreen allow='vr' style="width: 100%;"></iframe>
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
When using an embed code I like using "width: 100%;" as it will re-size to fit an area which can be helpful in MLS's that support embed codes
Post 8 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
GlennTremain private msg quote post Address this user
you should never use matterport urls if you have wp3dmodels in your site like you do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TG8dVQXsXU

you can send the matterport url to support@nailsoupmedia.com and they will install it for you and embed on any page you tell them free of charge.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@GlennTremain I believe @DouglasMeyers is trying to get the Matterport tour embedded onto his own site

I do agree with you on most parts. However, In order for a Matterport tour to show up with the Matterport icon natively in Realtor.com you must properly use the App in the Matterport control panel or correctly enter the native Matterport link into the MLS.

Post 10 IP   flag post
Nothing is working I have tried all these methods...
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@DouglasMeyers What Wordpress page builder or plugin are you currently using? Could you provide a screenshot of your Wordpress dashboard on the page you are trying to edit?
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Pagebuilder and plugin's can differ wildly

Post 13 IP   flag post
This is for my wife's site which we manage.

Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@DouglasMeyers the matterport tours are working on the listing's page. and seem to be done with a simple iFrame code source

<iframe width='853' height='480' src='https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=YuBuyuSnQXW' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen allow='vr'></iframe>
Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
My gut says you had a couple updates in Wordpress and the page builder may have changed ever so slightly.

Try to see if you can view the page as text. This will give you a more basic looking non-stylized text. then you should be able to add the embed code

Post 16 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
the 3 dots is where you might start. I cannot tell what you page builder is from this screen shot

Post 17 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
What you are looking for is this the text editor

Your theme support:
https://buywptemplates.com/demo/docs/construction-realestate-pro/
Post 18 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
I am probably not the one to talk to about coding. But looking at your Source code of the site. I see some references to wrappers and I don't see much consistency in the code that gets spit out with some descriptions going to tables. Any see any inconsistency in the code?

Also, Can you explain why the BLOCK tab is underlined next to the DOCUMENT tab?

<main id="skip_content" class="content_box" role="main">
<div class="container">
<div class="main-wrapper">
<h1 class="page-title">Homes and Town-homes / Condos For Sale</h1>

<div class="new-text">
<p><em><strong>861 Wonderland Trail Blowing Rock, NC 28605</strong></em></p>
<iframe width='853' height='480' src='https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=eciFEr8Qyc3' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen allow='vr'></iframe>
<p><strong><em>861 Wonderland Trail Blowing Rock, NC </em></strong></p>
<strong>28605 MLS# 216021 $1,199,000.<br />
If it&#8217;s SPECTACULAR gorge and Grandfather Mountain views 3BR/3BA with close proximity to Main St. Blowing Rock you&#8217;re seeking, then this house is for you! The low maintenance front yard is a gardener&#8217;s delight. When you step thru the front door, you&#8217;ll notice the unique features such as the custom laurel staircase railing, beautiful antique light fixtures and Amish honed hickory floors throughout the main floor. The view is the main attraction of the living area which opens up to the eat-in kitchen. A chef&#8217;s delight, the kitchen boasts Alder cabinetry, a Wolf gas range, SubZero refrigerator and wine cooler. Notice the beautiful plant ledge at the kitchen bay window. A convenient one-car garage is just off the kitchen. Another great view from the master bedroom, a large walk-in closet and a timeless master bathroom complete the first floor. Upstairs is a guest room, another nicely appointed bathroom and a large den with pecky cypress walls, built-ins, tray ceiling and beautiful stone fireplace. Downstairs is a spacious laundry, an office with built-in desk and shelves and another guest room with kitchenette and 3rd full bath. Come see this wonderful Mayview home and call Blowing Rock home.</strong>
<p><em><strong>323-2 Near Sawrey Yonahlossee Resort</strong></em></p>
<p><em><strong>323-2 Near Sawrey Yonahlossee Resort</strong></em></p>
<p><b>Awesome town home with a Soaring Ceiling in Yonahlossee! Super well maintained and tidy, this efficient design has two bedrooms on the main level! Rock fireplace to the ceiling in the Living Room, as well as a covered deck out back with a skylight. The master bedroom features a king bed, and en-suite bath. The second bedroom on the main level fits a queen bed easily. The Main level has laundry facilities as well. Upstairs is a guest suite with a gorgeous window seat, and twin beds. An extra living below the main living space for flexibility in accommodating guests, and has its own bathroom. Yonahlossee features a fantastic Tennis facility, with 3 indoor courts and 6 outdoor courts, a 25 yard lap pool and a full fitness facility that is all brand new&#8230; with micro-brew on tap! Short term rentals allowed. $324,900.</b></p>
<iframe width='853' height='480' src='https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=yZUJzHBBTBL' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen allow='vr'></iframe>
<p><em><strong>175 Pine Village unit 4 Blowing Rock, NC 28605</strong></em></p>
<p><em><strong>175 Pine Village unit 4 Blowing Rock, NC 28605</strong></em></p>
<p><strong>Talk about location! Wonderful town-home located in Downtown Blowing Rock. Walking distance to town. 3 Bedroom home with 3.5 baths, vaulted ceilings, stone fireplace, large decks for enjoying the beautiful back yard. Best of all no P.O.A dues! Come visit and make this your new home. $335,000.</strong></p>
<iframe width='853' height='480' src='https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=YuBuyuSnQXW' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen allow='vr'></iframe>
<p><em><strong>170 Patsys Place Blowing Rock, NC 28605</strong></em></p>
<iframe width='853' height='480' src='https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=qpHQK1RXG6g' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen allow='vr'></iframe>
<p><em><strong>170 Patsys Place Blowing Rock, NC 28605</strong></em></p>
<p><strong>Its all about the view, Grandfather Mountain sitting in your yard! Secluded Mountain retreat located in Blowing Rock, 2 bedroom, 2 bath home with stone fireplace for cozy winter nights. Gorgeous view surrounded by beautiful rhododendron and mountain laurels. $295,000</strong></p>
<p><em><strong>160 Prudden Lane unit 404 Blowing Rock, NC 28605 The Hamptons at Blowing Rock</strong></em></p>
<iframe width='853' height='480' src='https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=djzFSwdqJvd' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen allow='vr'></iframe>
<p><em>160<strong> Prudden Lane unit 404 Blowing Rock, NC 28605 The Hamptons at Blowing Rock</strong></em></p>
<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td colspan="2">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td colspan="2">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td><strong>Spectacular gorge views! Get your very own little piece of heaven. 2 Bedrooms, 2 baths super clean. Vaulted ceilings just waiting for you to move in. Just stroll into downtown Blowing Rock, short distance to shopping, fine dining, and near the parkway. Glen Burney hiking trails near by. Everything you need to call this home!<strong> Just Reduced $299,000.</strong></strong></td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="2"></td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
<p><em><strong>465 Near Sawrey 102B Yonahlossee Resort</strong></em></p>
<p><em><strong>465 Near Sawrey 102B Yonahlossee Resort</strong></em></p>
<tbody>
<tr>
<td><strong>Yonahlossee Resort a beautiful gated mountain community. 2 Bedroom 2 bath condominium located in The Boroughs of Wimbledon. Turn key, being sold furnished. Watch the tennis tournaments from your back deck. Join Yonahlossee Club and enjoy fun filled recreation at the tennis courts indoors or out, new club house, new gym, indoor pool Great location right next to all the wonderful amenities of the club. Wonderful hiking trails right in Yonahlossee Resort. Centrally located just minutes to Downtown Blowing Rock, Boone and Banner Elk! Both short term vacation rentals and long term rentals are allowed. Split system heating and cooling very efficient and it also has a dehumidifier built in. Make an appointment today to view this lovely</strong> <strong> your</strong> <strong>home</strong>. <strong>$229,000</strong><strong><br />
</strong></td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
</div>

<div class="clear"></div>
</div>
</div>
</main>
Post 19 IP   flag post
Hi Douglas,

You appear to be using the WordPress Block Editor, which I have had issues with in relation to embedding MP.

If you download the official WP 'Classic Editor' Plugin and switch to 'Classic View' it might do the trick for you.

Oliver
Post 20 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
See my post on MOUG at https://www.facebook.com/groups/MatterportOfficial/permalink/2575769009196756/ it may help.

As for how to display Matterport tour on your/client website.

Even there is no real prove that embedding something from a 3rd party website will benefit the website that it's embed on it is always a good idea not to use a bare matterport link without iframe.
Why?

The answer is very simple, with the link only you are sending viewers away from your/client website(bad idea in general) while you really want them to stay on your/client website as long as possible. So at least with iframe you will achieve it while with just the url they just go away to view your tour directly on the Matterport website.

Now there is more to that, but I cannot prove it. One of the important metrics for Google for any website ranking is how much interesting content it has. We are talking about any content that keeps a visitor longer. The longer visitors stay on your website the better your website ranking. Google has a metric for it and it is called "Engagement" and it is measured in seconds.

If you use the url it is 100% won't improve your website engagement rate. You just published a link to somebody's else interesting content, they go to that website and it boosts the linked website engagement, not yours. In this case you are boosting the Matterport website.

If you use iframe that may be the same(technically it is still a 3rd party link, just inside a special tag) or may be Google will still count time spent in the tour towards your ranking. Even if it won't that way at least you will keep viewers on your website.

However if it is not a Matterport tour and it is a custom self hosted tour, ALWAYS publish it on a client's website if you really want to help them. Not on yours and definitely not on Amazon or any hosting. If it is placed on a client's website all engagement with such a tour will be improving your client ranking .
Post 21 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
@DouglasMeyers, have you fixed it? I have checked your Listing section and I can see all tours are displayed there through IFrames.
Post 22 IP   flag post
@Wingman has a point about the SEO benefits of embedding the tour in the page.
However, when the tour opens in a new tab the visitor still has the original page open in their browser.
We use both the embed iFrame and link methods, depending on circumstances.
Creating a graphic and adding a link has the following benefits.
1. You can add a 'call to action' for example 'See Inside', Step Inside', 'View our Virtual Tour', etc.
2. The tour can open full frame, which adds to the wow! factor.
3. Aesthetically, it may blend in better with the other images and graphics on the page.
So for us its 'horses for courses'
Oliver
Post 23 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDXqQ7wA6LI

<iframe width='853' height='480' src='https://premierimages.biz/3d-model/512-cherry-rd-boone-nc-28607/fullscreen/?embedded' frameborder='0' allow='vr' allowfullscreen='allowfullscreen'></iframe>
Post 24 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
@Wingman

Post 25 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennTremain
@Wingman

Not sure if @DouglasMeyers likes that I am hijacking his topic but I am not sure answering on youtube will be good to anybody.

As I mentioned Matterport is completelly different beast and even with custom self hosted tours it all depends on what you are promising to deliver to the client. So if it is a Matterport tour then I guess it can only work as a business 3D showcase or in case it is a restaurant/hotel tour and you have somehow implemented booking in it may be a tool for reservation but it's definitely not a SEO tool.

Google will crawl inside it and it can get some text data from it but because it loads from matterport.com all Google analytics from it will go to matterport. I would be surprised it would work any other way because then people can just post 100s of links on there single page to some super popular on youtube/facebook.. you name it.. content and get boosted by Google because somebody comes to that page clicks a link and starts watching some popular youtube video. The page with links get a hit because it has been opened initially to access all these links but that's all it gets. All engagement benefits go to the video or content on the link clicked.

So the only problem with Matterport here is using linking to models without using Iframe. With the link you are still steering your visitor away. It does not matter that it opens in a new tab or new window. The visitor becomes engaged with a content on 3rd party domain, your website page becomes inactive and probably it may even lose a session for this user on your website for Google analytics.

If you do it though Iframe sitting on your page then it should not break any session as most of the content displayed is yours and only Iframe content is coming from a 3rd party.

So if we talk about Matterport only then I would say only thing is important is to use Iframe and probably do not promise to your client any SEO benefits from it sitting on their website. You can do it though if you publish it to Google Street. That's where you will get all pano hits counted and if a client GMB listing has a website specified in their listing it should improve your overall ranking across a few Google products and that includes your client GMB and your client website.

If we talk about custom built and self hosted tours you can actually promise some SEO benefits. If you do not and present this tool the same way as Matterport tours(showcase, may be some reservation functionality) then it does not matter where it is hosted.

However sometimes your client is a digital marketer and they would be more excited by your deal if you tell them that a self hosted tour will actually improve ranking for the whole business on Google including the client website it is hosted on.

Why would you want to be silent about it if it really does? I would say it is the same as selling some appliance with a great feature that may help to sell but not mentioning the feature at all. The same goes for not linking self hosted tours with your client's social profiles. That's just does not make any sense to skip it, the same as it would not make any sense when you have them(profiles) and do not link to them on your website.

And the last one. I have done a tour for a client and they did four extra tours before me at other locations. None of them were published to GSV. It seems they did not even mention it to the client. When I explained to my client that they can be published and it brings more traffic to them from Google Maps no surprise they wanted to go on Google Maps too. They asked me to publish all 5 tours there but of course I did not have access to these 4 tours done by other photographers and explained to the client that only them have original files and they need to ask them. I could not publish mine either but it is just yet. Their building is new and not on Google maps yet. Once Google shoots new satellite image there I am up for earning an extra $100 while other photographer did not get any.

BTW, all four tours are hosted outside of the client website and are not linked to the client's social profiles delivering this client less value from this tool than they could get.

And I have mentioned it here already but sometimes advertising on a facebook/linkedin with some Matterport tour should be done in more smarter way that most people are doing it. Using Matterport links in advertisement only advertises Matterport, you need to be a bit creative not to do it.

I did s simple trick by creating a view page on my website that I can link to in my facebook adv. It will generate a preview from my website and if clicked a tour will be displayed on my website. Try it here https://www.wingmanmedia.com.au/view?m=DRVpivqHFmC If you put your model ID after "m=" my page will show your tour.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
@wingman He wanted help in framing it on another site. I knew he has wp3dmodels and mentioned the seo benefit of using it. I use YouTube because I'm not into writing novels :-)
Post 27 IP   flag post
101429 27 27
This topic is archived. Start new topic?