Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
DisableHow ToPay Per ViewPPV

How to set up links to be disabled 1 hour after clicking in it10777

Salim private msg quote post Address this user
Hello All.
I have a client from a big company who cares alot about confidentiality, He want us to give him virtual tour links that can be used by any user only for 1 hour after giving the link to the user (or 1 hour from the first click).
Can you guide me please to how this can be done?
We used to give the customers their virtual tour as url link from our wordpress website.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Salim

Matterport or a different virtual tour platform that you are using?

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod I am using matterport, but they didnt require the virtual tour to be in another server outside matterport. So I am used to embed the matterport virtual tour in my wrbsite then share my website link
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Salim

Is adding as a Matterport collaborator an option?

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod yes, sure if this would help.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
You can do it with a server side programming and some database but it is not possible to explain exactly with a code as it will depend on many factors. Steps below are just based on human logic and are assuming that you have some database with your users data:

-Get some GUID(Globally Unique Identifier) assigned to a user in a backend admin interface(need to create one), record it into a special database table(lets call it tourAccess) and email this user a link with this GUID.

-If a user clicks on the link a server side code checks with the tourAccess table if it happens the first time(check a datetime field value in the tourAccess )
-If it is the first time record current time in the datetime field of tourAccess and show the tour(write iframe code for a tour into HTML stream on the server.
-If it is not the first time compare current time and the time recorded in the datetime field.

--If it is more than 1 hour difference deny access by removing the tour iframe code from the HTML stream.
--If there is some time left write the tour iframe code into HTML stream.

Just do not use a matterport tour id that they use because some smart asses who knows how matterport works can get that id and have access to the tour anytime they want.

This what can be a structure of the tourAccess table

AccessID-GUID field
UserID-corresponding to your Users table-
LastVisitDT-datetime field that records when it has been accessed the last time
MatterportID-optional, this is only needed if you want multiple tours to be accessed the same way
AccessTimeframeINT-optional field with integer(stores minutes) if you ever want to have different access period. For example each user can have different access Timeframe(some can have 60 minutes for viewing and some can have 90) or different tours can each have different Timeframes.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@Wingman I see. It is great to know that.
I will need to find porgrammer for that since of my knowledge in programing is very basic (basic level of HTML, python and C++).

So what I need from my client is only database of people who can get the virtual tours?

And can all this programing be done in wordpress website?

Very grateful for your helpful guide.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
If you know C++ and your client website is on ASP.NET I am quite sure you can switch to C# quickly and write it yourself.

If it is on wordpress I think you can use PHP.

Does your customer have some users database with all their data or it is for random website visitors who can request an access to some tour?
Post 8 IP   flag post
@Wingman I see.
I didnt get much detail from our first meeting.
But I know he dont want to put the link in their website, it will be given for certain visitors or to the company employees.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Salim

Does this solve your puzzle? You can set the "time-out" to any length that you want it.

Transcript: WGAN-TV How to Make Money with HomePlan Pay Per View Service

This is a service of WGAN Member HomePlanNZ Director Scott MacKenzie (@HomePlanNZ)

Best,

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
101422 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?