Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 40 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceCCPAIndustryMarketingPrivacyRealtors

Matterport Privacy - CCPA - Will Matterport answer Basic Questions?10736

Changesin3d private msg quote post Address this user
Jan. 01, 2020 the California Consumer Privacy Act will go into effect and the Media is just starting to really get going strong. Matterport has changed their Privacy Policy and it is difficult at best to understand. It creates many questions. For Instance it appears they recognize that the BUYER of a HOME will have a right to have the Scan DELETED. Not HIDDEN but fully deleted.

So the first question is, will a Scan be totally deleted? And if it is deleted how about our COPYRIGHT did we ever really have a Copyright if someone can force its deletion?

Second easy questions is Matterport going to give us a disclosure to give to our REALTOR clients explaining the process?

There are many more questions many people will have, will MATTERPORT respond in this forum?
@aiMbakckwards @Jwbuckl

I encourage everyone to read the new privacy statement, it has some details relative to what they have already been collecting and using. It appears this privacy statement applies to , Scanner, seller Buyer and or business owner that you have scanned for.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
The California Association of Realtor's already has a disclosure in the works ~ if looking for further clarification I would reach out to the California Association of Realtors or your local congress men/women as to what you may need to implement into your business practices.

If need be reach out to your personal business attorney to see if you need to make any changes in the way you conduct your business.
Post 2 IP   flag post
@lilnitsch thanks for the thoughts on this, where did you hear /see that the California Association of Realtors was working on a Matterport disclosure form? I would love to see that on line. is that speculation or fact.

The CCPA is a State not "FEDERAL LAW" so I would love to understand the logic in saying contact your Congressman. Is it that you, think this will go nationwide and become Federal. Not sure if I could disagree with you on that.

Do you figure that Matterport will comment here? I asked an interesting question, do we really have a copyright if the scan can be deleted at the demand of the consumer, and is there a planned change in the TOS.

Also did you look at what Matterports says they collected in the last 12 months in the new privacy policy and are you disclosing for that? see an abbreviated copy and paste. Go look at it. Seems California disclosure may be more revealing.

The categories of information we collect

Specifically, we have collected the following categories of personal information from you within the last twelve (12) months:

Category
Examples
Collected?
Category A: Identifiers
First and last name, email address, IP address, or similar identifiers.
Yes
Category B: Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e))
A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.

THAT IS SOME POWERFUL Collection and is that for SCANS or just YOU... including your Social Security NUMBER...What does Matterport need that for?

Lets see if they will address the Matterport Service "PARTNERS" on this or if we get silence. Read the disclosure and post your question.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@Changesin3d I am guessing that you are George.

I never said that Matterport was working on a disclosure form. Matterport isn’t collecting the data you as the service provider are technically so, this topic would be best discussed with your legal counsel as to how you collect and store personal data.

But, this is just my 2 cents

This “CCPA” would effect photo slide show providers (circlepix, Tourfactory, etc) as well as any other 360 tour provider not to mention agent or photographers single property websites.

If you have a beef with Matterport take it up with Matterport directly. Please, STOP clogging up any public forum that will let you rant
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
I should have said “state legislature’s” not Congress men or women. My bad...
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Propmodo (12 January 2020) What The Real Estate Industry Needs To Know About California’s New Consumer Privacy Act
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
Propmodo (12 January 2020) What The Real Estate Industry Needs To Know About California’s New Consumer Privacy Act

Dan: Great share, love this part of the article and clearly lays forward what MSP's need to know from Matterport if we are going to continue to do business with realtors in California and soon to be in other states. This has been brewing for some time and so people wanted to shoot the messenger, but now is the time to deal with it, California MSPs lost months of precious time.

Quoted from the article...
In addition to ensuring that third party business partners have reasonable security procedures in place, if businesses share personal information with service providers, they will have to contractually ensure that service providers do not sell the personal information they receive. They will also need assistance with consumer requests for access to, or deletion of, personal information held by that service provider. Businesses will have to ensure that their service providers have proper procedures in place to comply with these requests within the timeframe required under CCPA.

Matterport would serve us all well to get out in front of this, but they seem to have taken a two prong approach with the MSPs, one is the Mushroom, keep us in the dark and feed us BS and the other is to just be silent. WHERE is the MSP Badge with the new logo? I think they are spinning away from MSPs, and the leads they were going to provide us. What is the new MSP Program we were told was coming? They have a new PR Person that we never hear from. @aiMbakckwards @Jwbuckl is it time to come clean and help us all before this law goes national, and even the National news says it is, going National that is.
Post 7 IP   flag post
@aiMbakckwards @Jwbuckl is there a link to the form that a client uses to get a Scan Deleted in full. Or does Matterport believe that they are exempt from this law and if so why. How long to you think it will be before this questions is asked by our REALTOR clients? Even the Title Companies are sharing information in seminars about CCPA in California.

How do we prepare to answer their questions? Do we tell them to call Matterport?
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
[Placeholder]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwbuckl
@Changesin3d I am no longer engaged with Matterport, but I am a California-based Matterport photog and was tagged here so I figured I would answer with what I know. It looks like Matterport handled their CCPA requirements in their Dec 18 Privacy Policy update/issuance which has a large section covering the law for California customers. It can be found here clickable text

See "Exercising access, data portability and deletion rights" for instructions on how to initiate deletion including special contact information.

Hope that helps.
Post 9 IP   flag post
101421 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?