Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceCamerasGear

Camera Recommendation1073

seanminor private msg quote post Address this user
Ok all you photogs. My wife is looking for a family camera that captures great shots and is easy to use for $500 and below. What do you guys recommend? Thanks in advance.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
There are so many to choose from
I like the Nikon D5300, I believe you can get them for around that price now. If not the D5200 is close enough.
24mp, wifi connection to connect to your smart phone and lots of nice features for the price.
A mid range lens 18-55mm should do most of what you need.

A package here is a little more, but you get quite a few inclusions
http://www.amazon.com/Digital-18-55mm-70-300mm-ZeeTech-Telephoto/dp/B0181BQ512/ref=sr_1_5?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1450116698&sr=1-5&keywords=d5300

Camera and the lens is around $550 USD
Post 2 IP   flag post
or if you like canon a 60D is a great choice as well. You should be able to pick them up with lens for around that price as well
Post 3 IP   flag post
Columbia, MO
Showcas3D private msg quote post Address this user
I use the Nikon D3300 for my business but I bought it for its ease of use and quality of pics it takes. gets high reviews on camera websites and with xmas specials, you might see it with both the 18-55 and the 55-200 lenses for $500
Post 4 IP   flag post
Thanks for the input guys. She was eyeing the Nikon's. Any reason to consider HDR?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Depends on what she would like to use it for. If it's just for personal use (photos of the kids/family etc) it may not be an option used much. If she would like to take landscape shots where you would like more detail or range, then it may be useful. Most cameras have the option for it unless you get something very cheap or old. Doesn't hurt to have it.
I do real estate photography, and I use it a lot, especially outside.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@Jamie thanks man. I kind of like the option of having it. On another note, what software are you using to enhance your photos after a re shoot?
Post 7 IP   flag post
for HDR I use photomatix (so I can do batch HDR stitching) and then just photoshop. A lot of people use lightroom, but I have never really given it much time. Apparently it has an excellent library sorting system for your images.
You could just use photoshop to do everything however, I just don't think it does batch processing (I could be wrong though
Post 8 IP   flag post
@Showcas3D Thanks Jake. D3300 not as pricey as the D5300 for sure. Food for thought.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
@seanminor

I'm not smart enough to do post-production HDR but I've got the Canon Rebel EOS T5i which has a built-in HDR backlight control feature which I often use. You can pick that camera up for under $500.
Post 10 IP   flag post
joelE private msg quote post Address this user
sony A6000, Sony is getting better and better in comparison of Canon for Image quality
Post 11 IP   flag post
Columbia, MO
Showcas3D private msg quote post Address this user
I bought the 10-24 Nikkor wide-angle lens as well for shooting interiors instead of using the 18-55 lens. pretty big difference in field of view between the two. some fisheye occurs in the 10-15mm range but nothing Lightroom can't fix

http://www.techradar.com/us/news/photography-video-capture/cameras/best-dslr-top-cameras-by-price-and-brand-944543
Post 12 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
This posting is killing me to make this recommendation but I will. Adorama has an excellent deal on a Canon T5 with 18-55 lens, and printer for $699 with a $350 dollar mail in rebate. This camera is a good camera and a good buy with an excellent pro printer and final price after rebate makes this a good deal, I think. I added the link here.

clickable text

Good luck
Ron
Post 13 IP   flag post
Sorry guys, I've been out of pocket the last week but my wife decided to go with the D3300 from Costco, and she is loving it. Thanks to all for your recommendations. Hope that everyone has a safe and awesome Christmas. Here's to an increasingly bigger awareness in 2016 of the power we offer with the Matterport platform. I already have jobs lined up for the first week in January. In my area, Houston, this will be a tough year for real estate after many years of a great market. Agents who get what we offer and embrace the changes in digital technology will be our greatest advocates.
Post 14 IP   flag post
101646 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?