Video: The Golden Circle In Real Estate - What is your value proposition? Video courtesy of Nest Reality Atlanta (21 December 2019)

Hi All,

Watch this video through the lens of a Matterport Service Provider instead of a real estate agent.

It may help you define your value proposition.

For example:

Value Proposition 1: I am a real estate photographer. I offer Matterport 3D Tours
Value Proposition 2: We will help you win more and bigger listing presentations more often by helping you with all your visual storytelling solutions: including photos, video, aerial, floor plans and Matterport 3D Tours.

What is your value proposition?

Best,

Dan

Transcript (Video Above)

- Hey guys, this is Jennifer with Nest [in Atlanta] and we're going to talk today about the what. So in the concept, the framework of the Golden Circle, starting with why, what and how, we're going to talk about what it is that we do.

So what do we do at Nest? Well, we sell real estate but I think it goes a lot further than that. We treat what we do as we are more consultants verses sales people and I'll say that, in your life, you may have an accountant that you use to help you with your taxes and putting your books together, you may have an attorney that you use for specific reasons.

You may invest with an investment company. Each of the relationships that a consumer has with a professional who's a consultant, that relationship is there because the consultant brings value, educates on something that they're very, very knowledgeable, like I would never attempt to try to do my taxes or do some investing without engaging somebody that I knew that they really knew that and they spent all their time laying awake at night, understanding how their world works.

So in the framework of real estate, we've had a lot of changes, we've had a lot of disruption and we have a lot of agents in the business and frankly, there's probably some agents in the business that don't need to be here because they truly don't understand what the value proposition is and it used to be in real estate, that our value proposition was the information.

We had these books and we were the keeper of all the information and then we had a company like Zillow that came into the market 10 years ago and completely changed everything.

So no longer are we the holder of the information.

I still believe that a good agent and brokerage is going to be a curator of information and try to weed out all the noise that you hear, that you can find on Google and give the appropriate information to the appropriate consumer when they need something. It used to be that we were the only ones who could open the doors.

We have special keys, there are special lock boxes.

Well guess what? There are disruptors coming into the market, there's the Uberization of real estate people are saying, where now, a consumer can get into a door without an agent.

So if you're an agent and you've got, your value proposition lands in, I have the information & I'm going to let them in the door, chances are you're going to be out of business pretty soon because there's a lot of technology and companies coming in to disrupt that part of the process.

But if you're a consultant, who truly understands how to understand what it is your clients need, how to understand their motivation and how to serve them up what they need at the right time that they need, all of a sudden, you're elevated in a level of professionalism as accountants, financial planners, attorneys.

So our goal in us selling real estate, the what, is to really, to do a very hand-crafted, consultative, custom approach that has some systematization behind it.

So I train all of our agents a certain way, they use these certain sets of tools but still, every client is different. Everyone's going to have a certain set of needs.

That's where you tap into some of the skill sets, I talk about this in my how video, of a very high level of communication and emotional intelligence to properly communicate with that client, to help get them on their journey. So I think I said a lot in a short amount of time.

This is a subject I geek out over, I read a lot about, I watch videos. So if you've got some questions about kind of what a real estate agent and brokerage should be doing today or any of this resonates with you, please feel free to give me a call, shoot me an email.

If any of this resonates with you as well, we've got a whole series of videos we've done on our what, why, how. Take a look at those and let me know if there's anything I can do to help. Thank you for listening.