Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Alignment IssuesAutosCarInsta360 Pro 2ProblemsScanning

Car dealer virtual tour alignment problems with Insta360 ONE X10703

MarcelloM private msg quote post Address this user
I'm messed up with a virtual tour of an important car dealer: I'm using the Matterport camera for the whole 3D tour and an Insta360 ONE X camera for the 360 interiors of each car.
Everything is ok, it just happens to me that only the first interior 360 made with the Insta360 ONE X has lined up inside the first car, all the others, no matter what other inside car I shoot them, appear (and then align) always and only in the same car accumulating on top of other in the same place!
I have no idea if it is the "fault" is the use of the Insta360.
IMPORTANT NOTE. First I did the whole virtual tour, making sure to do all the scans well connected and then I started doing the 360 interiors with the Insta360.
I scan the interiors also with the Matterport camera and they line up well and without problems, but there are too many stitching defects and image distortions that make them unusable.

Any suggestion?
Thank you
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
I haven't scanned any car dealerships my self. When you switched over to the Insta360 and started scanning when you were moving from car to car - were the scan positions appearing in the approximate correct spots in the capture app or were they stacking on the first car location?
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry I see that they were stacking now. I like to shoot in order so, if I am swapping back and forth between cameras I would shoot in order so, the line up to the car I would shoot with the Matterport Camera once to the car I would then switch to the 360 camera then back to the Matterport on the other side of the vehicle. But, someone with more experience with car dealerships may be able to share some better tips and or tricks
Post 3 IP   flag post
MarcelloM private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnitsch
Sorry I see that they were stacking now. I like to shoot in order so, if I am swapping back and forth between cameras I would shoot in order so, the line up to the car I would shoot with the Matterport Camera once to the car I would then switch to the 360 camera then back to the Matterport on the other side of the vehicle. But, someone with more experience with car dealerships may be able to share some better tips and or tricks

Thank you for your contribution: what you suggest it's the same method I'm thinking to adopt. We have to make the tour again from scratch, but I'll use a Ricoh Z1 360 Camera next time.
I'll let you know.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Joakim360 private msg quote post Address this user
I think you guys have come to the correct solution.

Im just wondering,are you shooting the cars with doors open or closed? Open doors align easier with photogrametry (360 cameras). It should be possible to shoot a few with the car doors open and then delete or hide them after everything inside has been aligned.
Post 5 IP   flag post
101436 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?