Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
bugCamerasProblemsStrategyTips

Crazy Shoot / Crazy Solution1068

Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm curious if this has ever happened to anyone.

I began a tour this week and noticed that my Matterport and iPad kept disconnecting from each other. I realized that I could get a connection in one area of the business, but about 2/3 of the business had this issue.

I decided that there must be electrical interference. I unplugged all 2.4GHZ keyboards, some phones... wireless routers... the security systems' cameras. Still had the problem.

I went into the parking lot and after walking about 15 feet, the Matterport and iPad became best friends again...

So. For about 50 of the 78 scans, I would start in the parking lot, sync the two, then run in, place the camera, hit scan and watch as the camera and ipad would lose connection while scanning. When finished, I'd run back outside and the camera would then send the data to the iPad.

Repeat 50x.

Ever had this happen to you?

Here's the tour if you want to visualize it. Only the right side of the store would allow connection consistently (but extremely slow transfer speeds - 1/10 or less speed).

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=HzKCLSj6azh
Post 1 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Tosolini private msg quote post Address this user
@metroplex360, I had the same experience and was less lucky than you. Here is a parallel thread that we started on this very topic a couple of months ago.
Post 2 IP   flag post
andreabortolot private msg quote post Address this user
We had same issue yesterday while shooting the hq of local mobile company. A mess. We have to come back when they will do maintenance and system will be shouted down. I heard that other MP users had same issue recently.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Tosolini - Thanks for posting the link to that thread. I read it and it was VERY interesting. I will say, the method I used relied on being able to run around with the Matterport and look VERY silly. I imagine in the church that you shot, running outside and back in would have been IMPOSSIBLE.
Post 4 IP   flag post
101646 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?