Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Google My BusinessGoogle Street ViewGSVStreet View Trusted Photographer

Google Trusted Photographer soon to be Google My Business provider10671

WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
It leaked today on a private Google Trusted Photographer group

As far as I know current verifiers cannot charge for verification so Google seems again to bundle a free service from verifiers with a paid one from Photographers.

Not sure how it is going to help photographers. Verification is easy these days and anyone who can read a google verification page can verify it fast with business phone numbers.

Plus I like a sound of "I am Google Trusted Photographer" more than I like "I am a Google My Business Provider"
Post 1 IP   flag post
Marc private msg quote post Address this user
Well with the mess they'ver recently made with that bit of AI tech that wiped out a heap of photos, this is Google doing what Google does. Act like a bunch of kids in a sandbox and then forgetting that it's not a sandbox, it's people's businesses.

We have to think of this very much like every other transition Google's done... another 1-2 year beta test.

We simply need to be very diligent and careful in how we deliver the service and content to our clients. Don't over-promise. Remind them of why it's still important to wrangle the Google-mess. Until they get some real competition in this space (not ever likely, at least not in the near future), they'll continue to change rather than upgrade and improve most things related to the GMB space.

Hang on for what's likely to be another bumpy ride.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Wingman

WOW! Thanks for sharing!

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
Shakoure private msg quote post Address this user
@Wingman "Private?"... How is that private when it's supposed to take effect in mid December? I did a search for it and came found nothing even remotely suggesting any changes to the Google Trusted Photographer program. Can you please provide any links to the source that "leaked" this information? Thanks.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
I meant it is not a group run by Google like their local guide connect. It is just a Google Trusted community group on Facebook run by some business. Here is a link.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/GoogleStreetViewTrustedPhotographers/permalink/1457130421129333/

I know it is supposed to be rolled out by the middle of December and it has not happened yet. But it seems to be legit as it has been sent by Google to a Google Verifier.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Found it on Google support pages. it seems to be about the same topic but needs translation.

https://support.google.com/business/answer/7577344
Post 6 IP   flag post
@Wingman ...So, the Google link does not mention anything about Trusted Photographers. Second, I'm also part of a closed GSV Trusted Photographers group on FB. No one has posted anything similar to the screenshot you posted. So I inquired about it in a FB post this morning. So far, one recognized member stated that only the Google "Verifiers" program will be merged into the My Business providers program, not the Trusted Photographers, which - from what he stated - "will be un-merged (finally) from Local Guides program" and made into it's own Google program.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Google seems to call a program for Google Trusted as Street View, at least that what they call two closed boards for Google Trusted Photographers on local guides connect. That email mentions one requirement as to be in Street View Trusted Program. So my assumption it is about us coming from these facts only.

I am not sure if verifiers have anything to do with Google Trusted or Street View program, most likely no and they should have their own group & program specific to verifiers only.

As for no other traces, that's easy to explain. There are not so many verifiers in the world, email have been sent only to them. Plus if there are only support pages for Google Business Providers in Persian then may be it is just starting from that locality reducing amount of these emails sent to just a few people in that region.

I know about coming changes to Google Trusted Photographers and Google plans to separate us from LG members. But this one does not get in a way of such separation and may come as an addition later.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
And on top of that, it may not affect how we are called but from this email it seems we are eligible to join Google My Business providers. So to rephrase the topic of this thread properly it should be

"Google Trusted Photographer soon can be qualified as a Google My Business provider as well".
Post 9 IP   flag post
@Wingman ...Perhaps. We'll see. Thanks.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
I believe we can say now that I was correct with my assumptions

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Street-View-Discussion/%D0%9D%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%B0%D1%8F-%D0%BF%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B3%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%BC%D0%BC%D0%B0-%D0%B2%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%B8%D1%84%D0%B8%D0%BA%D0%B0%D1%86%D0%B8%D0%B8/td-p/2104801

That's reply from a Google Moderator to a question about this letter

Quote:
Originally Posted by from External source

The fact that a letter has come only to those users that are actively used for the verification of the application (and, accordingly, have been connected to the program). At the moment, there is no possibility to apply for entry into the program. With the launch of the upgraded program Street View, we provide Certified photographers the opportunity to do so.

There are at least two new topics on local guides connect about it. I asked in one of them to confirm my assumptions that it can affect Google Trusted Photographers. However found the moderator reply above later in the second topic about the letter.
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
In fact I was so sure that I was right when I created this post that I started to mention "Google My Business Provider" on my new business website just to catch customers searching for it.

After Shakoure expressed some doubts about it I was not so sure and was thinking about removing the term. Now since the moderator has confirmed that Google Trusted can join Google My Business Providers team I am going to keep it on my website and join when it is allowed.

From my research using Google Ads Keyword planner people are barely searching for "360 degree business tours" for GSV. However amount of searches for "Google My Business" is huge. In Au it seems to be 100 vs 100 000 a month.
Post 12 IP   flag post
101437 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?