Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D CameraBloombergiPhoneNews

Bloomberg Leaks 2020 iPhone Camera>Apple will introduce a radical 3D camera10659

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

Forbes (30 July 2019) Bloomberg Leaks 2020 iPhone Camera, USB-C Upgrades

"Citing “people familiar with the plans”, Gurman and Wu say Apple will introduce a radical 3D camera in its 2020 iPhone which can scan and model the environment around it up to a distance of about 15 feet. It will be laser-based unlike the 25-50 centimetre range of the dot projector-based 3D mapping system used in Face ID on the front of current iPhones."

Forbes (12 December 2019) iPhone 12 Shock As Six ‘All-New’ Apple iPhones Revealed [Update]

✓ iPhone 12 Pro Plus 5G: 6.1-inch OLED, triple cameras with ToF
✓ iPhone 12 Pro Max 5G: 6.1-inch OLED, triple cameras with ToF

Crazy-exciting! 3D Depth data capture with 5G.

This will help grow the demand for professional shot Matterport 3D Tours.

Happy holidays,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
SpencerLasky private msg quote post Address this user
Well I hope your right Dan but I'm honestly more pessimistic. I know the studio's I now shot for love the idea of a 3D walk through of their sets for many reasons but if this is something that can come from an iPhone it's all over. They will except some lose of quality for the freedom of doing it when they need too.
best of luck to us all but eventually the landscape will change no doubt about that.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Birmingham, Alabama
rko1 private msg quote post Address this user
Everything changes, especially in technology. The speed of technological change is the scary part. Just have to change and adapt with it.
Post 3 IP   flag post
octilan private msg quote post Address this user
Amazing info. You don't think this will diminish the value of owning a Matterport 3D camera and what you can charge for creating tours? Seems like everyone who has this new iPhone be able to do it without Matterport.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Birmingham, Alabama
rko1 private msg quote post Address this user
Many realtors demand the highest quality available, then there are others who use their own cellphones to save money, and really are not concerned about what they furnish their client. Just as has been done in the past, there will have to be adjustments in the future. There is currently a lot of work out there for Matterports, and they to will adapt and change. Just part of life.

We stay very busy because we offer basically anything in media a customer could want.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Changesin3d private msg quote post Address this user
Given that Matterport sold the features of the MSP Program with leads, then started to market directly to our Realtor clients, are there any rumors as to what they are going to do to keep the MSP Program in line? I have heard for over a year there were going to be improvements but all I see is Matterport going into more markets without the MSP... any good rumors out there?
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
My vote is with Dan. The #1 reason that MP and other 3D/360 tour systems are being adopted so slowly is that the general public is still unaware of them. Yes, everyone knows Google Street View and has seen a few bits here and there, but it's the average homeowner that counts.

When someone decides to sell their home, they KNOW that photos are critical, or at least very important, and absolutely expect an agent to provide these. Most agents hire out the job (albeit many are cheap) because they either are smart and want professional work, or at least if they shoot them personally, they know they can't lay off blame if the owner isn't happy. One fine day, the same will be true of 3D/360 tours. I once met an agent who said "I recently did a Matterport." I asked why. "Because the seller told me they wanted it." Our "holy grail" is when every seller feels this way.

So Apple's adoption of 3D or anything which speeds wider awareness of 3D/360's benefit to residential real estate is good for us in balance.

I still believe that the greatest problem we face today which COULD be remedied, is that none of the sites which buyers frequent are FEATURING 3D/360 tours. Realtor shows them but only via tiny, confusing buttons. Zillow's '3D Home' is second-rate and all other systems appear only via a deep-hidden View Virtual Tour link. Redfin using Matterport but won't let non-Redfin listings display it. The universe is still tilted against us, delaying the time homeowners will demand 3D/360 tours on every listing.
Post 7 IP   flag post
101636 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?