Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
HostingMarketingMoonClerkPricingRecurring RevenueStripe

Example of Charging for Matterport Monthly Hosting, Support and Maintenance10599

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

I could imagine that you are thinking more about how to price Matterport 3D Tours in the New Year.

I always recommend including a monthly or annual fee for Hosting, Support and Maintenance (even if the first 3, 6 or 12 months are free).

For example, for a business, We Get Around charged a one-time scanning fee of $559.40 on 2 June 2016 and $4.95 Hosting, Support and Maintenance starting 25 July 2016.

As of today (5 December 2019), that's $4.95 times 41 monthly payments = $202.95 and still going! We do incur a $0.44 monthly processing fee from Stripe (our payment processor) - and we do use MoonClerk on top of Stripe, but the charge to a credit card happens automatically and is automatically deposited to your checking out.

Recurring revenue adds up!

If you are not charging recurring revenue, you are leaving money on the table.

Your thoughts about charging monthly or annual Hosting, Support and Maintenance?

Happy holidays,

Dan

Related WGAN Forum Discussions

Tip: How to do automatic monthly billing
Question of the Day: What tool(s) do you use to automate recurring billing?
Question of the Day: What tool(s) do you use to automate recurring billing?
Post 1 IP   flag post
bryanhscott private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod I charge $10 per month after month 4. This would include hosting & support. Maintenance? Not sure what that means relative to a Matterport Tour, but I would handle any reasonable maintenance requests that do not require me to re-shoot the property.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@bryanhscott

$10 per month. That's a great example. How do you do the billing?

Support and Maintenance (change the info on a MatterTag, update the phone number on the contact page.)

It's likely that you are already doing some Support and Maintenance, but either not charging for it or not letting your clients know that ... that's included in the $10 per month.

Which sounds bigger/better:

$10 per month for hosting
$10 per month for hosting, support and maintenance

Happy holidays,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod I just set a calendar reminder for the first payment, which is for 90 days at a time. Once the first payment has been made, I set another calendar reminder to "remind" the client that it is time for another 90 day renewal, then I send a duplicate invoice via PayPal, which is modified to reflect the new time period.

I sell Mattertags for $5.00 each. Haven't sold any yet, so hasn't been an issue in terms of "maintenance," but would certainly include minor mods to text, or addition of links to alternative media if needed.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@bryanhscott

That's great that you have recurring revenue and a workflow that works for you to track when the client needs to be notified and invoices sent.

At scale, it's likely that you will want to automate the invoicing and payment - just like we do with your WGAN Standard Membership.

For example, with MoonClerk/Stripe, your client could pay with your choice of credit card or ACH (or give them both options. They would pay an upfront amount of X and then the $10 per month starting in 90 days, unless they cancel. It's super-easy to customize the payment form for fix payments and recurring payments.

This is all super-easy with MoonClerk/Stripe. Plus, there are other tools like this that other WGAN Members use.

Happy holidays,

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I have just come from scanning a local cafe. 30 days of free trial with Google Maps & no charging for scanning. Otherwise it would take them years to agree to pay for scanning without knowing me really well. If this customer wants to keep the tour on Google Maps, it will be $550 for them after 30 days.

The normal cost for scanning with them paying upfront would be $500. So I risk to work for free but with extra 10% added to my service fee.

I am sure they will keep it and pay for the tour as it is going to bring them around 8000-15000 views from maps within 30 days. It is about 35 scan points.

We also agreed on 3 months trial for the Matterport model placed on their website after they pay for the Google tour. It will cost them $180 per year(my normal price is $20/month for hosting) and nothing more. I will try to sell them Mattertags later or charge them for a collaborator account in case they do not mind to create them themselves and save a lot on them.

That's is the first business I am trying a free trial on but I can see how it changes my sales. After I told this business that I would be more than happy to offer them a free trial without any obligations they jumped on board straight away.

I won't do trial tours for just about any business though. I am going to hand pick those that in my opinion will more likely to pay later and have some interesting spaces.

The next one for a trial is some kids art activity business about 5 kms from me. They are kind of unique at what they offer and its owner seems to be quite interested.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@Wingman Concerning the quote of 8,000 - 15,000 views in the first 30 days... Is this statistic based on realized results from other restaurant tours you have posted on Google Maps? Just curious where this figure came from, because it is very compelling as a sales closing metric for sure.
Post 7 IP   flag post
@Wingman Sorry, one other question. If you post a tour to Google Maps (presume GSV?), as well as to their website, what if they decide to keep GSV, but not also keep the website tour? When you remove the tour via Workshop, doesn't the tour also disappear on GSV? Thanks in advance for the clarifying info.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanhscott
@Wingman Concerning the quote of 8,000 - 15,000 views in the first 30 days... Is this statistic based on realized results from other restaurant tours you have posted on Google Maps? Just curious where this figure came from, because it is very compelling as a sales closing metric for sure.

It was based on a previous customer which was not a restaurant and is actually closer to CBD. However this new one went better. With their tour still only partially working and with some connections still not applied to the tour by Google they have collected about 1500 views in less than 24 hours.
That can be translated into extra 35000-50000 views a month for them. Their tour has 53 scans so it is about 30 views per each scan a day.

It is a new cafe in my area but it becomes quite popular. I have had to scan it during midday and it was at least 60% full, mostly with groups of seniors.

I cannot say to the client that all these views are from potential customers but what I can say that these extra 50K views a month will give them a big boost in ranking across Google Maps and Google Search. This type of businesses barely gets 10-25 views on their website a day which is only 750 views a month. Adding 50K to it is a huge jump.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanhscott
@Wingman Sorry, one other question. If you post a tour to Google Maps (presume GSV?), as well as to their website, what if they decide to keep GSV, but not also keep the website tour? When you remove the tour via Workshop, doesn't the tour also disappear on GSV? Thanks in advance for the clarifying info.

I will only give them a website tour for trial if they pay for GSV first. Then they can try the one for their website. If they want to keep it after three months they will have to pay only annual hosting fee.

If they do not want their GSV tour I will remove it from Google Maps.
Normally you can do it in Matterport Workshop. However I am going to do it through Pano2VR. Since I have needed to add a nadir logo and remove extra crazy linking that Matterport adds to each tour published to GSV I have this client tour loaded into a project in Pano2VR already.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@Wingman Thanks for the additional info. I appreciate the clarity. Sounds like a good plan.
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

I just did related post:

Tip: Offer Hosting, Maintenance and Support Instead of Transferring Spaces

Dan
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
As of today (15 March 2022), that's $4.95 times 76 monthly payments = $376.20 and still going! We do incur a $0.44 monthly processing fee from Stripe (our payment processor) - and we do use MoonClerk on top of Stripe, but the charge to a credit card happens automatically and is automatically deposited to your checking out.
Post 13 IP   flag post
101637 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?