Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
MatterportMatterport SmartPhone CapturePro2

Clarity on Matterport Smartphone Capture10538

Sunnyvale, CA
aiMBackwards private msg quote post Address this user
Hello community. It’s understandable that announcing the handheld beta program and the update regarding the MSP program this week has caused confusion and even more concern.

In regards to Smartphone Capture: there are distinctly different use cases for each capture device, and if you participate in the handheld beta program, it will become very clear.

The biggest is that the Pro line of cameras generate an underlying 3D mesh whereas neither the handheld nor the 360 do. This is why accuracy, alignment, output options (MatterPak) are so much better with the Pro line of cameras and not there with the HH or the 360s. When beta testing on a smartphone, you’ll see that the amount of time it would take to capture a whole house is significant and does not replace the speed or accuracy of a Pro2. We’ll see what use cases come about during the beta program, but we imagine it could be an interior designer capturing a living room that is being redecorated to help them better select new elements.

As we stated, we see the demand for high-fidelity, professional scans continuing to rise among businesses and consumers. That’s why we are working with MSPs and customers across industries to explore more efficient ways to support the growth we foresee for scanning services. Thus, your investment in the Pro2 is a sound one.

In regards to capacity: Right now, about 25% of requests distributed to MSPs are NOT being fulfilled. In other words, clients are not being followed up on. Yikes! This isn't good for the customer or the reputation of the program. Clearly, the way requests are tracked and managed needs to be improved (thus our exploration on how to do that), and bringing more MSPs into this system only exacerbates the current situation.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Shakoure private msg quote post Address this user
@aiMBackwards ...25% of requests are not being fulfilled? That doesn't seem to be the case in my market. I cover NYC and I haven't seen a scan request in my inbox in nearly a year.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Basic Member
Boston
Noddy private msg quote post Address this user
@aiMBackwards
Personally, I always respond promptly to any and all requests passe along from Matterport, however sometimes the request is not a reasonable one, sometimes they are just kicking tires, sometimes asking for the moon, (and want it tomorrow). So it's not always fair to blame the MSP's that receive the requests if they ultimately go unfulfilled..

I would have no objection if MP wants to follow up on these leads more closely, and get feedback from us MSP's on how they worked out. Much like Uber, -star ratings and comments in either direction is only fair.

Keep the leads coming please, -they are much appreciated!
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
@aiMBackwards - If scan requests are not being followed up on, perhaps MP should initiate (if not already doing) a system to prioritize referrals to MSPs who are following up, and doing so quickly.

Certainly it’s important for MSPs to be responsive. This is our contribution, along with creating quality scans, to helping build-out the reputation of MP with the general public. And the public is the holy grail. When the average Joe and Jane (homeowners) appreciate MP, they will insist upon its use in the sale of their home. Until then, it’s the slow climb.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Cincinnati, OH
leonherbert private msg quote post Address this user
@aiMBackwards so why are is Matterport stopping access to the MSP program? Simple question, please provide the full answer.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Kumar private msg quote post Address this user
MSP - well what Program?

All you do is sell your product. I don't understand why people continue to call it so.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Sunnyvale, CA
aiMBackwards private msg quote post Address this user
@leonherbert Quote:
Originally Posted by leonherbert
@aiMBackwards so why are is Matterport stopping access to the MSP program? Simple question, please provide the full answer.

As stated above, it's clear that the way requests are tracked and managed need to be improved. Bringing more MSPs into this system only exacerbates the current situation. We look forward to updating the community as we work with MSPs and customers on a better solution.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Cincinnati, OH
@aiMBackwards If you want to see a higher rate of requests do not expect us to fill in how much we charged for the job. If that was optional I would fill in the request form. That has nothing to do with Matterport. If you want that type of information make it optional. We all know that you are also selling scanning services.

Plus how do we enter that potential client did not return call, client turned out to be another MSP trying to fish for our prices. What about that the bid was won by someone else. None of that information was collected.

So that would be an easy fix, and you might see some information then. Easier than stopping the whole program.

Right now you are making a decision using statistics that do not answer a real question.
Post 8 IP   flag post
newengland3d private msg quote post Address this user
I'm in central Massachusetts. Since becoming an MSP in April 2019, not 1 lead from "The Company". Hasn't stopped me...
Post 9 IP   flag post
Changesin3d private msg quote post Address this user
At @aimbackwards

First welcome to the forum some of us will miss Mr. Buckley while others, maybe not so much so.

Let's address this quote:

In regards to capacity: Right now, about 25% of requests distributed to MSPs are NOT being fulfilled. In other words, clients are not being followed up on. Yikes! This isn't good for the customer or the reputation of the program. Clearly, the way requests are tracked and managed needs to be improved (thus our exploration on how to do that), and bringing more MSPs into this system only exacerbates the current situation.

The TRUTH is that MSP's were offered FILTERED LEADS and they were not "FILTERED" if they were we would not be getting other MSP's looking to compare our prices. Reality is that you take any inquiry and send it to three MSP's at the same time. This gets the person "bombed" with e mails and phone calls. Do you figure that turns some people off?

Before you use words like "yikes" it may be better to look at the system. As you want to be transparent let's look at the number of leads generated and the distribution methods. How many leads did Matterport get last year and how many MSPs are there?

While we are getting answers, lets talk about how you took MSP scans built CORTEX that is now becoming a major competition to the MSPS. Would you go out and buy any CAMERA building a "business" around it knowing that you were making it harder to get business?

You may have a little bit of an uphill battle here, but welcome to the situation. Hear things are a little brutal in the MOUG right now. You have a difficult job.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Cincinnati, OH
@newengland3d Glad that it has not stopped you, has not stopped me either. If I relied on Matterport leads I would be in the street begging by now.

As long as they don't sell that as a feature of getting the camera and using Matterport all is well.

Looking forward to see how they are going to come up with a program that has more value, in the meantime ....
Post 11 IP   flag post
Changesin3d private msg quote post Address this user

@aimBackwards attached you will see a screen capture of the Matterport website that talks about Pre Qualified Leads. I am pretty sure that "filtered leads" was also mentioned in your promotions. It is my understanding that these were merely clicks from your website routed through a sales funnel system and that no one from Matterport qualified or filtered them. This could be a good place to start your research. It is my understanding name of the system that routes them to the MSP in is fact in the e mail that goes out. A 25 percent fall out rate could go way down or at least be understood by doing what is said Filtering or Qualifying them. It would not be fair to blame the MSPs for poor business practices if they are not getting what they understood they would get? Please share with us how the leads were Qualified.

As you have not responded in this thread maybe you can give us the total number of leads generated and the number of MSPs, this could give some of us the ability to slice and dice the numbers with you to make the system work better.
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

WGAN Forum Related Discussions

Matterport Capture iOS App 4.0: Scan with your iPhone or iPad (4 May 2020)
✓ All WGAN Forum discussions tagged: Matterport SmartPhone Capture

Dan
Post 13 IP   flag post
101636 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?