Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 761 Unique Visitors
9,054 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,838 Page Views | 19,122 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Sunnyvale, CA
aiMBackwards private msg quote post Address this user
In light of recent announcements, the community has raised valid questions. Matterport values your feedback, and we want to share that we're exploring more efficient ways to support the growth we foresee for scanning services.

Read this update, which includes our continued support for the MSP program and a deadline for new applicants to become a part of it: https://support.matterport.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038858534-MSP-Program-Update-

Feel free to share your thoughts here in this thread.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Maxdemartino private msg quote post Address this user
All the new developments are very interesting, but you have to improve the experience of your existing customers first. When I read that you have a backlog of four weeks (you know, almost *a month*) for solving an issue that until two months ago was solved in a few hours, I think that it was a joke. Sadly it was not a joke. What kind of service you will give us when thousand of customers will jump aboard with their iPhones?
Guys, four weeks is NOT a customer service.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
Dan and others...
This last quote from the Update linked above is most interesting:
"Know that Matterport will continue to operate the MSP Program as it does today, however, we will no longer accept new applications effective Wednesday, November 27 at 6:00 pm PST."

I, for one, would like to know as much as possible what is behind this MP decision. Anyone with information, or even astute speculation, please share with the forum.

The MSP program has been central to MP growth since its inception. There must be momentous reasoning behind this. What is it?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Cincinnati, OH
leonherbert private msg quote post Address this user
So Matterport has no desire to grow this community.

"Know that Matterport will continue to operate the MSP Program as it does today, however, we will no longer accept new applications effective Wednesday, November 27 at 6:00 pm PST."

Just scuttle the program, you are clearly not interested in the people who have purchased your camera's.
From a business point of view it makes total sense that you are chasing the cellphone market.

Just like professional photography very few people can tell the difference between professional shots and cellphones, and more importantly don't care and won't pay for that.

I don't care if you stand on your head and jump around in circles, Matterport only cares about it's bottom line. Having to compete with the likes of Zillow, it is cutting to the lowest denominator.

Hopefully I will continue to have clientele that benefit and appreciate better quality photography.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Fast Start
Websites
Peterborough, United Kingdom
angusnorriss private msg quote post Address this user
I read this, and the recent comments, and then asked myself...

What does the MSP program actually give me today?

Not much. Maybe 3 referrals per year and an MSP logo to use.

What do we give them?

- a repeat subscription user base
- product insights
- real world deployment
- billions of data points
- loyalty

Strange decision to halt the growth of the MSP program.

Do they want to encourage entrepreneurs to start 3D businesses or not? Or are they expecting kids to get their mobiles out, scan their parents’ house and then sell it for them? And then pop down to their local diner, scan that in the morning, and then present to the largest realtors in the area?

Will we see more cameras on eBay?

Or this...

Will we see increased services to the current MSP Marketplace?

If they have any interest in retention of 1000s of business owners who pay $000s of recurring revenue to them, then it would be good to receive an ‘MSP Manifesto’, SLA OR pledge stating clearly how they claim to support MSPs ongoing. It is a 2-way street.

Many questions will be asked and decisions to be made.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Charlieshoe private msg quote post Address this user
Yup, it looks like they're going after the bottom-feeding customers who think we charge too much; the ones who think poorly-exposed cell photos make an acceptable first impression.

But - I'm not convinced the cheap starter price and cell phone ability will take away my existing Matterport clients. They're the ones who value my work and haven't objected to my rates even thought they're higher than other photographers in my area. They also do enough volume that they don't have time to do it themselves.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
In Los Angeles there is very, very little use of Zillow 3D Home, and declining use of Zillow video - two programs designed to make acquisition "so easy anyone can do it themselves". My clients don't want to do it themselves or are not satisfied with the quality when they've tried.

This is what amazes me that MP would see the future in people using their cell phones. It's not that it's not possible, but agents have no interest in taking the time to do this, nor do they want to forego having a hired subcontractor to blame if the photos don't satisfy the seller. Last thing they want is to look bad, or cheap, to their clients after doing it themselves.

So I'm not worried about this regarding competition. I AM worried that MP seems to be putting their eggs in a basket without a bottom. Yes, Apple discontinued development of Final Cut Pro 7 in favor of a broader consumer market using iTunes and Final Cut X, but Apple is actually happy to give the software away for free to sell hardware. MP is pushing a move away from selling their hardware in a world where most people expect software to be free, or maybe $1.99. Maybe they're smarter than me (they certain seem to think so) but I do not anticipate millions of people 3D scanning their homes with a cell phone more than once or twice. To non-professionals this is a novelty. Good luck building a long-term future on that.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
I wonder how long the Pro 2 cameras will be supported. Are they still even manufacturing them?
Post 8 IP   flag post
101729 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?