"Wish List" for Matterport Workshop10473

WGAN
Forum
Founder
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by @lilnitsch
Unfortunately, even if a Matterport support staff were to duplicate the model all of the edits (mattertags, highlight reals, etc) would have to be re-done as it creates an entirely new URL

Even back in the day when we had the Amazing Dee still at Matterport to merge models together she recommended not making any edits until after she had merged the 2 spaces together

Hello Matterport Product Development:

From the WGAN Forum discussion:

Cloning Matterport spaces

Based on the discussion between @schaferu and @lilnitsch

Enable DUPLICATE model with ALL tricked-out features (MatterTags, Highlight Reel, etc.)

Best,

Dan
Post 51 IP   flag post
WGAN
Forum
Founder
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @GETMYVR
My local MLS does not accept any of the Matterport provided floor plan digital media outputs, so I must convert the PNG to jpeg.

I'm so confused why Matterport doesn't provide a JPEG of the floor plan since it is the most universally recognized digital image format on the planet.
Post 52 IP   flag post
WGAN
Forum
Founder
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @GETMYVR
I think nadir view should be disabled because nobody looks at it like others have mentioned. Totally irrelevant to the composition of the space.
Post 53 IP   flag post
WGAN
Forum
Founder
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @filinto
Do you agree, it would be a great step forward if we could place a deep links on photos placed at highlights reel? This way the highlights reel thumbs could work as triggers for connecting different models.

From this WGAN Forum discussion:

Highlights Reel meets deep links?

Dan
Post 54 IP   flag post
WGAN
Forum
Founder
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @rzphotoman
I like the new feature, but one thing that they haven't fixed is the ability to save your changes. On almost every tour I create, the changes that I make in the highlight reel, like start point and direction of rotation, never get saved the first time. I have to go back 2-3 times and re-save it. Very frustrating.
Post 55 IP   flag post

WGAN
Forum
Founder
Atlanta, Georgia
Hello Matterport,

Please see this discussion; starting with post #8:

Matterport MatterTag - Slidesshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by @DanSmigrod
@MeshImages @RomainReparage

A developer writes:

"...it seems that there is some way to open up the [Matterport] workshop editor for any matterport space.

Even if it's possible to do this, you can't save data unless you are logged in with permissions to do so."

Does that help?

Dan

--
Quote:
Originally Posted by @MeshImages
@DanSmigrod Thanks. Yes, this helps.

I must say, that this is a (new) feature, that I do not like at all. Everybody can read my edits. Everybody can take measurements, even if I do not allow in showcase. Can you also surpass the password protection with it?
Post 56 IP   flag post
WGAN
Forum
Founder
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @wishing_well
Hi, I requested access with support and I was granted access for one in the org on the condition that I feedback and understand there are issues. The only problem I have at the moment is that blurs are irreversible. This would be ok if I had the original models but there is no way to offload the models or duplicate on the portal. I've requested one of my spaces be duplicated.
Post 57 IP   flag post
WGAN
Forum
Founder
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

When will Matterport replace floor plan view with Interactive Floor Plans?

Dan
Post 58 IP   flag post
WGAN
Forum
Founder
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @tresdear
Hello. I need a way to limit the top and bottom view so that the visitor cannot see blind spots. That is when he looks up or down we prevent him from continuing to the zenith or nadir. There is surely a URL parameter to achieve this. Thanks.

@tresdear

I could imagine that either preventing viewing of the nadir and zenith in a Matterport digital twin or adding overlays to the Matterport zenith and nadir - logo/website URL - would be a nice 3rd party solution using the Matterport API/SDK.

Dan
Post 59 IP   flag post
WGAN
Forum
Founder
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @wishing_well
After I got access to this tour I gave it a spin on a tour that otherwise I would not have been able to display because there were sensitive materials in all shots. It works as expected very easy to use just point and blur and then zoom around looking to see if there were any further vantage points. The only thing to watch out for is that first of all you 'do' the blur and then you hit apply. After hitting apply it converts each collection of brush strokes into a blur. While it is 'applying' there are little spinners next to each set of blur brushstrokes.

This is all fine, there would be no problem with using this as is if it weren't for the fact that you irretrievably change the images. So the best thing to do is save a copy of the non-blurred version of the model and then apply the blur to a duplicate. However there is no 'duplicate' functionality on the matterport portal. I do not keep every single model on the original ipad, I very much doubt anybody does and so this requires an email to support to ask them to duplicate the model which is why I suspect it hasn't yet went public.
If there were a duplicate button we'd be golden.

Should not have to duplicate the model to be able to revert from a blur.
Post 60 IP   flag post
WGAN
Forum
Founder
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @craigsauer
I was able to enable the feature (on both my Classic and New accounts). However, the destructive nature of the blur is a problem. When I get some free time I'll try it out on a garbage scan, but not being easily able to undo blurs isn't great. Before I try it out on a job I'm delivering to a client I'd better make sure I've got a processed duplicate waiting on deck in case of blur disaster.

My big question about the blur tool is why is has to be a 3D tool. That's obviously a big reason it has taken so long and is still in beta. Years ago they could have spent about 5 minutes implementing a panorama blur tool and rolled it out while they worked on the 3D version. Sure, we'd have had to manually blur every panorama where an undesirable feature was visible, but on the other hand, we could have been blurring out stuff YEARS AGO.
Post 61 IP   flag post
Standard
Paris
RomainReparage private msg quote post Address this user
select multi scans in the list (to hide or show).
like "Ctrl" or "shift" + select scans.
Post 62 IP   flag post
WGAN
Forum
Founder
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
Video: How to Work With 360 Markups and the 360 MarkupList in HoloBuilder | Video courtesy of HoloBuilder YouTube Channel | 3 June 2021

Hi All,

Seems like a "wish list" item for Matterport Capture and Workshop?

From the HoloBuilder YouTube Channel

Learn how to work with 360 Markups and the 360MarkupList in the JobWalk App and in the Web Editor.

HoloBuilder (https://www.holobuilder.com) is the fast & secure Construction Progress Management platform, powered by 360° Photo Capture. Proven & trusted by 59% of ENR TOP 100 Contractors.

HoloBuilder is the fastest and easiest way to document construction site progress with 360° Photo Capture in a secure SaaS cloud environment, covering all phases of the project lifecycle. With a super-fast and efficient workflow, you can create a Digital Progress Record of your job site and access it remotely from anywhere.

HoloBuilder provides a complete Digital Progress Record of construction activities including who, what, where, when, why, and how - eliminating doubt.
• Track and analyze daily or weekly site progress in 360°
• Reduce documentation time by 80%
• Know current site condition anytime and from anywhere
• Create impressive handover documents for owners
• Build trust & collaboration among team members & stakeholders

HoloBuilder Use Cases Include:
• As-Built Documentation
• Site Planning
• Progress Tracking
• In-Wall & Pre-Pour Documentation
• OAC Meeting Visuals
• Change Order & RFI Documentation

Source: HoloBuilder YouTube Channel
Post 63 IP   flag post
WGAN
Forum
Founder
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Queen_City_3D
I'm curious what steps some of you do to have photos show up in a more visually appealing manner without the title bar blocking the top bit of the photo?

Here's what I'm referring to:

I realize I could add a top border to the photo so that it drops the part I want displayed a bit lower, but that seems a lot of work to do each time.

Any suggestions?

From the WGAN Forum discussion:

title bar blocks top of photo media in mattertags. Solutions?

Dan
Post 64 IP   flag post
87136 64 14