Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 40 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Matterport WorkshopWish List

"Wish List" for Matterport Workshop10473

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by @lilnitsch
Unfortunately, even if a Matterport support staff were to duplicate the model all of the edits (mattertags, highlight reals, etc) would have to be re-done as it creates an entirely new URL

Even back in the day when we had the Amazing Dee still at Matterport to merge models together she recommended not making any edits until after she had merged the 2 spaces together

Hello Matterport Product Development:

From the WGAN Forum discussion:

Cloning Matterport spaces

Based on the discussion between @schaferu and @lilnitsch

Enable DUPLICATE model with ALL tricked-out features (MatterTags, Highlight Reel, etc.)

Best,

Dan
Post 51 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @GETMYVR
My local MLS does not accept any of the Matterport provided floor plan digital media outputs, so I must convert the PNG to jpeg.

I'm so confused why Matterport doesn't provide a JPEG of the floor plan since it is the most universally recognized digital image format on the planet.
Post 52 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @GETMYVR
I think nadir view should be disabled because nobody looks at it like others have mentioned. Totally irrelevant to the composition of the space.
Post 53 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @filinto
Do you agree, it would be a great step forward if we could place a deep links on photos placed at highlights reel? This way the highlights reel thumbs could work as triggers for connecting different models.

From this WGAN Forum discussion:

Highlights Reel meets deep links?

Dan
Post 54 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @rzphotoman
I like the new feature, but one thing that they haven't fixed is the ability to save your changes. On almost every tour I create, the changes that I make in the highlight reel, like start point and direction of rotation, never get saved the first time. I have to go back 2-3 times and re-save it. Very frustrating.
Post 55 IP   flag post

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hello Matterport,

Please see this discussion; starting with post #8:

Matterport MatterTag - Slidesshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by @DanSmigrod
@MeshImages @RomainReparage

A developer writes:

"...it seems that there is some way to open up the [Matterport] workshop editor for any matterport space.

Even if it's possible to do this, you can't save data unless you are logged in with permissions to do so."

Does that help?

Dan

--
Quote:
Originally Posted by @MeshImages
@DanSmigrod Thanks. Yes, this helps.

I must say, that this is a (new) feature, that I do not like at all. Everybody can read my edits. Everybody can take measurements, even if I do not allow in showcase. Can you also surpass the password protection with it?
Post 56 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @wishing_well
Hi, I requested access with support and I was granted access for one in the org on the condition that I feedback and understand there are issues. The only problem I have at the moment is that blurs are irreversible. This would be ok if I had the original models but there is no way to offload the models or duplicate on the portal. I've requested one of my spaces be duplicated.
Post 57 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

When will Matterport replace floor plan view with Interactive Floor Plans?

Dan
Post 58 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @tresdear
Hello. I need a way to limit the top and bottom view so that the visitor cannot see blind spots. That is when he looks up or down we prevent him from continuing to the zenith or nadir. There is surely a URL parameter to achieve this. Thanks.

@tresdear

I could imagine that either preventing viewing of the nadir and zenith in a Matterport digital twin or adding overlays to the Matterport zenith and nadir - logo/website URL - would be a nice 3rd party solution using the Matterport API/SDK.

Dan
Post 59 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @wishing_well
After I got access to this tour I gave it a spin on a tour that otherwise I would not have been able to display because there were sensitive materials in all shots. It works as expected very easy to use just point and blur and then zoom around looking to see if there were any further vantage points. The only thing to watch out for is that first of all you 'do' the blur and then you hit apply. After hitting apply it converts each collection of brush strokes into a blur. While it is 'applying' there are little spinners next to each set of blur brushstrokes.

This is all fine, there would be no problem with using this as is if it weren't for the fact that you irretrievably change the images. So the best thing to do is save a copy of the non-blurred version of the model and then apply the blur to a duplicate. However there is no 'duplicate' functionality on the matterport portal. I do not keep every single model on the original ipad, I very much doubt anybody does and so this requires an email to support to ask them to duplicate the model which is why I suspect it hasn't yet went public.
If there were a duplicate button we'd be golden.

Should not have to duplicate the model to be able to revert from a blur.
Post 60 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @craigsauer
I was able to enable the feature (on both my Classic and New accounts). However, the destructive nature of the blur is a problem. When I get some free time I'll try it out on a garbage scan, but not being easily able to undo blurs isn't great. Before I try it out on a job I'm delivering to a client I'd better make sure I've got a processed duplicate waiting on deck in case of blur disaster.

My big question about the blur tool is why is has to be a 3D tool. That's obviously a big reason it has taken so long and is still in beta. Years ago they could have spent about 5 minutes implementing a panorama blur tool and rolled it out while they worked on the 3D version. Sure, we'd have had to manually blur every panorama where an undesirable feature was visible, but on the other hand, we could have been blurring out stuff YEARS AGO.
Post 61 IP   flag post
Paris
RomainReparage private msg quote post Address this user
select multi scans in the list (to hide or show).
like "Ctrl" or "shift" + select scans.
Post 62 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
Video: How to Work With 360 Markups and the 360 MarkupList in HoloBuilder | Video courtesy of HoloBuilder YouTube Channel | 3 June 2021

Hi All,

Seems like a "wish list" item for Matterport Capture and Workshop?

From the HoloBuilder YouTube Channel

Learn how to work with 360 Markups and the 360MarkupList in the JobWalk App and in the Web Editor.

HoloBuilder (https://www.holobuilder.com) is the fast & secure Construction Progress Management platform, powered by 360° Photo Capture. Proven & trusted by 59% of ENR TOP 100 Contractors.

HoloBuilder is the fastest and easiest way to document construction site progress with 360° Photo Capture in a secure SaaS cloud environment, covering all phases of the project lifecycle. With a super-fast and efficient workflow, you can create a Digital Progress Record of your job site and access it remotely from anywhere.

HoloBuilder provides a complete Digital Progress Record of construction activities including who, what, where, when, why, and how - eliminating doubt.
• Track and analyze daily or weekly site progress in 360°
• Reduce documentation time by 80%
• Know current site condition anytime and from anywhere
• Create impressive handover documents for owners
• Build trust & collaboration among team members & stakeholders

HoloBuilder Use Cases Include:
• As-Built Documentation
• Site Planning
• Progress Tracking
• In-Wall & Pre-Pour Documentation
• OAC Meeting Visuals
• Change Order & RFI Documentation

Source: HoloBuilder YouTube Channel
Post 63 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Queen_City_3D
I'm curious what steps some of you do to have photos show up in a more visually appealing manner without the title bar blocking the top bit of the photo?

Here's what I'm referring to:

I realize I could add a top border to the photo so that it drops the part I want displayed a bit lower, but that seems a lot of work to do each time.

Any suggestions?

title bar blocks top of photo media in mattertags. Solutions?

Dan
Post 64 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @CharlesHH
That is a great dollhouse.
The dollhouse mini videos. Is there any way to control where these start or end? I do a lot of companies and find the downloadable short and long videos start or finish in the kitchen. Fine if it’s a fancy house but no good for a tour that is meant to be showing off a demo room.

@CharlesHH

Sounds like you would like to specify which 360s are used to create the Matterport short videos?

Above from this WGAN Forum discussion.

Dan
Post 65 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Skeeter
I was told many years ago by a Matterport employee that they were going to allow us to move 360's. Well that never happened. I wanted this 5 years ago or so. I have a lot of 360's shot on a great day but can't use with other models from same complex. Get on it Matterport.
Post 66 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Gerhard
1) complete UX redesign its old and boring

2) Give the clients a reason to use the tours, it's more a nice to have than a need to have.

3) We own our content period

4) Allow us the 3rd party to develop anything, and not restrict us by doing exclusive features with some MSP developers

Above from the WGAN Forum discussion:

ONE thing you wish you could change about the Matterport Experience?

Dan
Post 67 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Noddy
Great to see these side by side comparisons.. one thing I notice is that (for the house) was done with Pro3 showing outside and inside together, you can't jump into any room from the dollhouse or floor plan view -it doesn't let you.
I liked the way it looks with outside grounds and interior floor plan visible, but you seem to need to click outside and then walk in, is there any fix for this?

Thanks for sharing this Southern 3D Tours and RKO Photography!

Quote:
Originally Posted by @GamelLarry
Because it captures the roof it seems to block access into the interior from the dollhouse. I had trimmed the roof out in edit to make a cleaner dollhouse but it seems that there's still mesh that blocks access. I'm hoping this is something they resolve since this is new with exterior scanning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Noddy
Hmm, perhaps if Matterport could give us an edit tool that would allow us to choose when trimmimg with boxes, whether to just hide data, or delete it, then I think it would work.
Post 68 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Source: LinkedIn post
Post 69 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
The following "wish list" was posted to this WGAN Forum discussion:

Matterport to Offer Color Floor Plans with More formats; Multiple Languages

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Buster6070
Nice to see these improvements, but doesn't really impress me. They're just playing catch up still. They're still charging a premium for an inferior product with slower delivery. For around $16, US, I get these options from Cubicasa or Captur3d with 24 hour turn around. Matterports 48 hr turn around time is ridiculous, and it's 19 or 20 bucks to upgrade to 24.

If they wanna really impress their customers, do something innovative. Allow me to label rooms while scanning and place the floor plan order while uploading my model. That would be amazing. It would allow my floor plan order to be processed much faster, and get rid of a step where I'm constantly keeping an eye out for my model to be ready so I can order the floor plan. While you're at it charge 16 bucks for 24 hr turn around too like everyone else. Just my 2 cents.
Post 70 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

==> Any Fix for MP's "Print-Quality" Photos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Fathom3D
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeshImages
@Shakoure Just keep going and maybe start saving money for the Pro3 - this camera solves most of the quality issues with Matterport snapshots.

When I used to shoot for residential luxury real estate I was often shooting estates larger than 4000 sqft interior plus exterior. 20+ rooms in total. Some of them bigger than 10.000 sqft interior space.

For these properties I have developed a special Matterport technique that I am calling ”shoot4photography” with Matterport. You shoot the regular tour slightly above door knob level and also take some extra “photography” shots in lower level at the sweet spots.

I had to work with this process because clients and realtors only provided a certain time frame between 1/2 day or maximum full day for the shooting, which made it impossible to take the extra walk with a professional Photo System Camera (DSLR). Especially not in these mega properties.

So I learned to improve the quality from the Matterport snapshots and developed this shoot4photography process slightly overshooting (shooting more points than necessary). My material even went on print and we were very very successful with these images.

I’m still offering my “shoot4photography” workflow in all time-critical virtual tour situations - even though I am not shooting single residential real estate anymore. This workflow gives great material in good quality (Pro3) and with outstanding perspectives in the virtual tour and also in the optional flythrough/video mode (play button).

This is the process we use as well. But it's a hassle to move the tripod height up and down, and to go back after processing to edit the tour to disable the low positions in the walkthrough.

What would help:
1) A motorized tripod that will raise and lower at the click of a button. These exist, but we don't have one yet.
2) Matterport updates their Capture system to include something like:
A) Automatic detection of low positions, disabled by default if we check that box in our account.
OR
B) Simple process for marking a scan during capture as "to be disabled". After processing, these low scans are disabled automatically. No need for wasted time editing the scan positions after processing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by @MeshImages
@Fathom3D
For the detection of low tripod positions I used to check the VR editing mode. But unfortunately this editing mode is gone and the VR is created automatically. I must check the Matterport VR version with my Quest3, I have no idea if there have been any updates lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Fathom3D
@MeshImages That's interesting.

The thing is, we don't want to edit the scan positions in Matterport tour at all after processing. The obvious time to do that is on site, when we're actually making the decision of which scans are for a better dollhouse, which are for 2D photos, and which are for the walkthrough. It's duplicated effort to go back and assess all over again the next day. (Usually this is done by a different person, not the one who captured the space. So it's easy for them to miss the nuance.)

We want to deliver the link the the client, dust our hands off, and keep moving. Imagine how much time could be saved if we didn't have to duplicate this effort with every space scanned? This seems like low hanging fruit for Matterport. It's probably lost in a sea of other feature requests.
Post 71 IP   flag post
101421 71 21