Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Matterport WorkshopWish List

"Wish List" for Matterport Workshop10473

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by @SlimTrim
Hi.

We want to display the tours we've created on our own website.

But if we embed the clients tours, then the stats get messed up for them. Since each load and view on our site adds a load and view to their site.

Does the MatterPort player have a way to separate these stats? Or at least discount the stats for our views?

Maybe something similar to Google Analytics tags?
Post 26 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
We need control over which room is featured in the auto-generated videos and animated GIF. I shot a $6.5M listing and the 'bonus' videos featured the laundry room (with a peek into the garage, oh boy!) Thank you, Matterport...

Obviously there is no human involved. If this is AI, we've got a problem, Houston.
Post 27 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Home3D

What a beautiful bowl for the dog in the laundry room

Dan
Post 28 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Yeah, no doubt that's what sold the house last April for $6.5m.
Post 29 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

The following is from this WGAN Forum discussion:

State of Matterport pay per view virtual tours

Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by @mori
Hi All,
hope you and your friends/families are all save and well.

As I have been absence for quite a while due to other projects I wanted to know the current state for solutions to build pay per view virtual tour.

Ideally with a real paywall and access protection and not a just hidden URL solution like Matterport would allow. Or is something meanwhile possible via the SDK?

Thanks in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuMP
With the Matterport SDK it can be done by below steps:

1 Data capture with a special start point:
You should select a special point to be the started point of your showcase.
How special?
1) it should be a start point of a narrow path to your real showcase room;
2) from this point you capture points one by one to the showcase room gate;
3) make sure the special point has the only path to the gate of the showcase room;
4) make sure you can't see the last point of the path (or the point at the gate of the room) from the specical start point;

2 Data processing on Matterport cloud normally
3 Set the special point to be start point of the showcase
4 Delete all the points on the path from start point to the showcase room gate, make the start point to be a single island, because from this point you can only go to the points that can be seen on the path but they were deleted and the all other points from the showcase room gate can't be seen(can't be seen means can't be access).
5 Set a Matttag at the start point that show the ticket link
6 Close "Doll View" and "Floorplan View" and "Snapshots" functions

When anyone enter the showcase, he will see the ticket link but he can't go anywhere because the path to the showcase gate was deleted.

Put everything in iframe of MP/embed page or other SDK platform.
And the SDK platform should have some code to accept a call from ticket link after payment and make a jump of your showcase to the real start point (the gate) of the showcase room.

Make a code controlled jump is easy in SDK. But difficult without it.
Any one with the showcase link only can't go anywhere but the single island.

It is easy to be done with Matterport SDK.
JuMP team don't have the access to the SDK but MP/embed can do that for sure.

"Doll View" and "Floorplan View" and "Snapshots" functions can be opened by SDK either.

BTW there is one leak for this methord:
If the user knows the parameter "&ss=#", that can make any point to be the start point of the showcase.
Maybe not many people know "&ss=#".

Thank you.
JuMP team from Beijing China
Post 30 IP   flag post

Paris
RomainReparage private msg quote post Address this user
Label drawing control (today’s version do not work when rooms are not squared or rectangle and we can‘t separe different zones in a big room).
Have a draw section on floorplan view.
Action associated (like a mattertags) clicking on the label names for viewers.
Mapping system (as Mpembed do) that works on floor plan could be a blast.
Post 31 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Saarikor
Is there any way to remove objects from panoramas/scans? This would be good thing/option to have. There is a large number of museums, banks, etc who are interested in 3D scans, but it is impossible to scan those places if the cameras and other things are in panoramas.
Post 32 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
From this WGAN Forum discussion:

Transcript: WGAN-TV: Automating Exporting & Importing Matterport MatterTags

Quote:
Originally Posted by @HomePlanNZ
We can make tags any colour (but unfortunately not smaller or opaque), which can help make them less...outstanding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by @HomePlanNZ
Sweet, yes smaller icons would be better - I've asked (and asked...)....

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Marshallartsmedia
I've attached an image of the dollhouse with tags. There is artwork and a building in there somewhere - I really do wish tags would scale along with the model or something that shows some semblance of interaction design, maybe leverages stuff like you know awareness of depth and relative camera / tag positions in 3D space...

Quote:
When I first started using Matterport last year I scoured forums and sites for info about resizing tags, I even went looking for options to tweak code as I would with web stuff, but being proprietary code, it's blank walls all the way.

Quote:
Feeding back to Matterport I'd say for this type of use case, the best option would be to have tags show at low opacity when a viewer is facing the tagged area but be invisible otherwise - Maybe it's as simple as adding another colour to each of the tag colour options that is a 30% opaque version. To be able to switch them on and off within a tour would be handy too. I'm sure you've suggested all of that 'til you're blue in the face Scott. It seems like such a logical thing and people have been asking about it for years from what I can see. Whither thy design response Matterport?

Option to make Matterport MatterTags:

✓ smaller
✓ opaque
✓ scale with model (some semblance of interactive design)
✓ leverages stuff like you know awareness of depth and relative camera / tag positions in 3D space
✓ show at low opacity when a viewer is facing the tagged area
✓ invisible otherwise - Maybe it's as simple as adding another colour to each of the tag colour options that is a 30% opaque version.

Best,

Dan
Post 33 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @davem
Hi wondering if anyone knows if/how to upload the MP scans from your ipad to an external hard drive, would like to store the scan points/floors so that I may go back and work on it if needed. My ipad is reaching the max on memory. Thank you

Matterport should offer Cloud Hosted Backup and Restore.

(This has been a WGAN "Wish List" item for 5+ years.)

Dan
Post 34 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @lilnitsch
@Wingman

Agreed. I think on a first glance some agents may say: "hey, that's good enough" until they scan a home & see how much time it takes and realize that the quality is not awesome. Just like some agents takes photos with their smart phones.

I wish Matterport would implement a "Shot with..." label on each of the tours to let the general public know which Camera was used to create a tour. I had made this request back when the 360 camera support was just coming on

This came across one of the groups I moderate this morning:

---
I wish Matterport would implement a "Shot with..." label on each of the tours to let the general public know which Camera was used to create a tour.
---
Post 35 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Powerosi
Finally, MP sells floor plans also, but they are pdf/jpgs, and not directly readable into CAD without conversion software. Again depending on project scope, that may be an option to just gather dimensional information if he is just trying to layout walls. The accuracy limitation still applies though.

Option to download Matterport floor plans in a format that is compatible with CAD programs.
Post 36 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @MeshImages
It would be nice if we could choose the pointcloud format - xyz or rcp - in workshop before downloading the 50 USD Matterpak. Like we can choose metric or imperial in floorplans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by @briangreul
@MeshImages - I think we can add that to the Santa Wishlist along with not keeping the data on the iPad permanently.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Paris
RomainReparage private msg quote post Address this user
I m very curious to see how many things we wished here will be in the new workshop... )
Post 38 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
Tipjar for the VT creator.
Post 39 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Colin Forte who created PhotoAndVideoEdits.com added a wonderful option a year ago. When you have an order of photos which are spectacular, that really deliver exactly what you hope for, you jot down the order number.

Then, when placing your next order, you enter that past order number in a little box. This sends your new order to the same exact artist who processed your previous order. It's anonymous, so you don't know who is doing the work, but you've been able to request a particular person which, in my experience, virtually guarantees the same high quality that you've received in the past. I LOVE this service!!!

So, my request for Matterport workshop, really Matterport in general, is a field where I can upload Matterport scans for processing, and request that the company treats creators like the service we get from other companies, like NodalView, EyeSpy360, MetaReal, 3DVista, and on and on.

Okay, I'm not expecting this to happen, but that's #1 on my "Wish List"!
Post 40 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @jacobpmac
I am trying to find a way to mark up a matterport tour. The purpose for this would be for construction documentation purposes. If I send a tour to an architect I would like a way to circle areas and make notes (similar to a pdf editor). Technically I could use mattertags, but I am looking for a way to communicate in a way that people in the construction industry are familiar with.

2d plans are frequently marked up in a pdf editor. Is there a way to circle areas and write notes in a matterport tour?
Post 41 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Add a nadir logo patch: marketing opportunity for the Matterport Service Provider and/or client
Post 42 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Queen_City_3D
The lack of a backup solution after 5 years is one of the most troubling aspects of Matterport's business plan.
Post 43 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Queen_City_3D
If we can have Mattertags I don't see why we can't have "blur tags". It seems to me that there should be an option from each scan point to add a blur spot that could be re-sized large or small. Even if it's only fixed to that one scan point and I have to re-do the work from every scan point that can see the space, that would be a workable solution for me.

Above from the WGAN Forum discussion:

Upcoming changes to Matterport face blurring (21 July 2020)

Dan
Post 44 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @DanSmigrod
Hi All,

The WGAN Forum Question of the Day for Sunday, 26 July 2020:

Should Matterport Enable Editing/Replacing 360 Photos?

This question was inspired by the post below from the WGAN Forum discussion:

using other cameras with Matterport

Quote:
Originally Posted by @JuMP
@PaulM @MeshImages You want to edit the pano picture and then put them back to showcase tour, right?
Change the original data before upload to cloud is a possible way, but it is difficult when we try to edit the raw data of Matterport Pro camera before upload. It was fail during uploading, there was a project management system in your Job folder on ipad that will keep all data were original without edit.
If you edit them there will be "data corrupted" warning when you upload them and no more processing.

Currently all virtual staging services providers have the ability to do that.

Matterport give them the power to edit panos and put them back to showcase.

So we think it could be more popular later.

Matterport won't give that power to every one.

But only to their partners who has contract that can protect the IP.

Maybe there will be one services (that: Pick one pano, Edit it, Put it back to showcase tour) will appear in the short future at a reasonable price from one Matterport's partner.

It is no difference to make a one point virtual staging to a showcase from the technical side.

Best,

Dan
Post 45 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @AhmedAttia
The big wish from my side, vertical trimming and Camera shadows&Reflection removal.
Post 46 IP   flag post
JordanBromley private msg quote post Address this user
I would love more drone integration, similar to that of GeoCV's.
Post 47 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @mori
Is there any way to change the default zoom level for a Matterport tour?
Post 48 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @
Definitely a must have on future Matterport developments alongside with:
- deeper capability to edit Layers and Scans placement inside the showcase;
- better mattertags. possibility to highlight an area (ie like a signage board) and use it as a mattertag;
- improving the use of 360º photos and placement accuracy on the mesh;
Post 49 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @leeverdon
Good day,

Is it possible to add mattertags to 360 exteriors? I have a client wanting me to do 360's of their buildings and rooftops with the option to add tags to play media content such as video.

I'm guessing the answer is no because there is no mesh in the exterior shots so nothing can attach. Is there a workaround that someone has come across?

Thanks in advance.
Lee
Post 50 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @lilnitsch
Unfortunately, even if a Matterport support staff were to duplicate the model all of the edits (mattertags, highlight reals, etc) would have to be re-done as it creates an entirely new URL

Even back in the day when we had the Amazing Dee still at Matterport to merge models together she recommended not making any edits until after she had merged the 2 spaces together

Hello Matterport Product Development:

From the WGAN Forum discussion:

Cloning Matterport spaces

Based on the discussion between @schaferu and @lilnitsch

Enable DUPLICATE model with ALL tricked-out features (MatterTags, Highlight Reel, etc.)

Best,

Dan
Post 51 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @GETMYVR
My local MLS does not accept any of the Matterport provided floor plan digital media outputs, so I must convert the PNG to jpeg.

I'm so confused why Matterport doesn't provide a JPEG of the floor plan since it is the most universally recognized digital image format on the planet.
Post 52 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @GETMYVR
I think nadir view should be disabled because nobody looks at it like others have mentioned. Totally irrelevant to the composition of the space.
Post 53 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @filinto
Do you agree, it would be a great step forward if we could place a deep links on photos placed at highlights reel? This way the highlights reel thumbs could work as triggers for connecting different models.

From this WGAN Forum discussion:

Highlights Reel meets deep links?

Dan
Post 54 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @rzphotoman
I like the new feature, but one thing that they haven't fixed is the ability to save your changes. On almost every tour I create, the changes that I make in the highlight reel, like start point and direction of rotation, never get saved the first time. I have to go back 2-3 times and re-save it. Very frustrating.
Post 55 IP   flag post
101646 71 30