Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Matterport WorkshopWish List

"Wish List" for Matterport Workshop10473

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

Got a "wish list" for Matterport Workshop?

I will start it off with:

✓ ability to upload nadir logo patch.

I will plan to forward the list to Matterport on 1 December 2019.

Best,

Dan

P.S. Some nadir logo patch examples created by WGAN Members by Tresdepro

Post 1 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
I have some improvements on my list:

1) We are often creating Matterport teaser models, therefore the option to deactivate all scan positions would be great.

2) Download more than 100 Snapshots in one batch (we sometimes have 300 and more snapshots).

3) manual (face) blur tool

4) option to copy edits from one model to another

5) ceiling trim tool

That's it from my side. Thank you, Dan!
Post 2 IP   flag post
DaK private msg quote post Address this user
Custom room labels that show in auto complete.

Duplicate model with all edits.

Manual blur.

Manual exposure, color, etc...

Mask camera.

Global stop matterport auto generated pics.

Don’t move position when setting mattertags (I like to be at one central point and place several mattertags, used to work that way...)

Fix mattertags stem length selector. Pain in the ass to set accurately. A global default setting would be nice to.

Profiles for model details to auto fill fields like company, phone, etc...

Change color of floor nav circles.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Paris
RomainReparage private msg quote post Address this user
Customize matter tags icones.
Add logo
2 different hightlightreels (one hidden to edit the tour and one visible for the spots you wants to show)
3d elements integration import.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I have some more:

- set 3D tour password in workshop
- upload and set custom tour image
- manually connect and set 360 views markers
- import external 360 tour images (eg drone images) in 360 views selection
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
+ 1 for a blur to be moved to the workshop instead of doing it in the capture app. And agree it should come as two options 1.Automatic 2.Manual
With manual blur it would be great if you can just select a scan or an area in the scan where blur should identify faces and blur them.

Or it can be just automatic blur everywhere with an option to remove specific blur when it has been applied wrongly.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Kumar private msg quote post Address this user
1. Complete white label - MP name to be visible nowhere

2. Self hosting

These may not fit into "workshop" context precisely but wishes with MP tours nevertheless
Post 7 IP   flag post
Paris
1-Be able to add a new collaborator email with no direct link to shop a camera and capture application automatically sent by MP to him for introduction...
2-Mark a start point and ending point for automatic generate teaser.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
a Big +1 for self hosting too. It is not just about hosting. If Matterport decides to allow us to self host we may get an access to all panoramas included in a tour. Imaging what you can do from there such a manipulating colors, adding or removing things including virtual staging.
Post 9 IP   flag post
+1 for self hosting also from my side.And we need the ability to modify and change the UI of a Matterport Tour.

Its boring me to see the same interface on every of these 2.000.000 tours around. A little bit more variation would help. GeoCV gave good examples.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumar
is there any scope to edit the 360 image and then process?

@Kumar

I noticed your "wish list" item here and posted above.

Best,

Dan
Post 11 IP   flag post
Paris
stop/pause the scan rotation and be able to continue it (the rotation scan) could make you hide things more easyly
Post 12 IP   flag post
Pau private msg quote post Address this user
If Matterport wants to conquer the real estate market among others, a function that I think it should consider developing is the synchronized distance visit, such as the one offered by https://www.immoviewer.com with its Live session service and https://www.eyespy360.com with its EyeSpyLIVE ™ service.

The idea would be that we, Matterport customers, could create a user (our client) who had access to their routes and that the same activated the service synchronized distance visit for the routes that he deems appropriate.
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by fotoguy
a QR code to hand out at the open house thanking the potential client for visiting and allowing them to re-visit the house virtually.

Hi All,

This idea is from @fotoguy from this WGAN Forum discussion:

A QR Code auto-generated within Matterport Workshop.

Dan
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Enable full resolution 360 downloads
Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @coulee360
The realtor sent me a PDF going over the EyeSpy360 system. The main thing that he likes is the embedded video chat/voice over feature to differentiate his tours from the Matterport tours I provide. A talking point I will have with him is that the Matterport image quality and the data behind it outperforms the EyeSpy360.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Paris
add your own image(and it sides)for mattertags aspect will solves many problems. hide things, blur camera or anything. it will add direct story telling contents and open MP to the design market (where no one wants to have the same models)
Post 17 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

In this WGAN Forum discussion, @Spencerlasky wishes that Matterport offered control over auto-generated videos, including:

1. which scenes
2. starting point
3. ending point

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Spencerlasky
Thanks, Dan is very helpful - I can see the benefit of recording a highlight and then bring it into an editing program where I'm much more at home. However the highlight reel creation I also find clunky - I think allowing more controls and software options from matterport would help. But this still gives us a tool, one of many to support clients and their marketing needs. Spencer

Perhaps if Matterport used the Highlights Reel to create the auto-generated videos, that would be a good start (particularly since you can now control):

1. which scenes
2. pan left or pan right
3. which transitions: Slideshow or Walkthrough

According to Matterport Support website:

"Our latest build of Matterport Workshop 3.0 provides new abilities that will ultimately allow you take more manual control of your Guided Tours using the Highlight Reel tool. From there, you can change the transition types that lead in to each Snapshot in your reel, and also set the camera to pan from left to right (or vice-versa). Reference the instructions below to learn how to utilize both of these new features."

Source: Matterport

Your thoughts?

Dan
Post 18 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @CTownMedia
... a way to keep titles for mattertags always visible. Always visible tags would make so many of the Mattertags so much more useful. ...

Above from the WGAN Forum Discussion:

Always Visible Matterport Mattertag Titles?

Best,

Dan

P.S. @Metroplex360 (a feature request for MPEmbed?)
Post 19 IP   flag post
Paris
Option to choose the size of the mattertag open window frame
Post 20 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @PetraSoderling
Hey all you smart people. Blue-Sketch is [virtual] staging 360 panoramas now, and I was searching the forum for an answer to this question.

One archived thread from last year suggest we either upload as a Mattertag, or use the separate 360 upload https://support.matterport.com/hc/en-us/articles/225260768-Include-360-Views-in-your-Space#i-review-your-360%C2%BA-views-0-0

In other words: We are not allowed to upload a staged 360 pano as part of the tour afterwards in Workshop?
Post 21 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron0987
I am great-full to Matterport engineer on how far the editing tools have come over the years. But for me on the want to list for the Edit Tool as far as the walk thru tool. It is easier than ever to creat a walk thru I just wish the would expand this tool to allow:

1. Specific rotation per photo or no rotation at all per each photo.
2. Time spent on each stop point or again no time.
3. Basically turning this part of the edit tool to turn the walk thru into a great final walk thru or video.

Or am I missing this.

Ron
Post 22 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @leonherbert
Thanks @DanSmigrod

My question and I belabor the point perhaps, why can we not get separate pdf's with the floors separated into individual pages?

Yes I know I can create individual pdf pages from the png files. I would imagine Matterport would be keen to help its MSP to succeed. It is asinine that I need to go through the process of creating the pdf myself. A company that was able to create an AI cannot work out how to produce separate pdf's????

Apparently they need to go through an approval process to make this a "feature" This cramming of all the plans onto one page is a waste of electrons.

Another sore point is the fact that you cannot download 360 photos in bulk, unlike the standard photographs. A jpg is a jpg is a jpg.

I am very excited to see that the publish to google street view is up. But I learnt about this from a forum member. I was promised by Matterport that I would get an email as soon as it would be available, but they appear to have lost my email address. I still get bills on that address some how.

Please change your culture, I am always excited to take my camera out and scan a location, and show how cool the models are, and how they can improve businesses. The way you handle user requests and handle your business makes me feel sick to the stomach.
Post 23 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
One more wish for Mattertags, they should work and should be visible from 360 photos. Now they are not and once you go to 360 all Mattertags just disappear.

Plus, we should be able to stick it to anything, not just where a mesh is.
Post 24 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @MeshImages
Mpembed allows different versions for the same space, maybe this can already help you.

Otherwise MP support can duplicate models, but I am not sure, whether MP can duplicate the edits.

Wish List

Duplicate Matterport Model with Edits
Post 25 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @SlimTrim
Hi.

We want to display the tours we've created on our own website.

But if we embed the clients tours, then the stats get messed up for them. Since each load and view on our site adds a load and view to their site.

Does the MatterPort player have a way to separate these stats? Or at least discount the stats for our views?

Maybe something similar to Google Analytics tags?
Post 26 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
We need control over which room is featured in the auto-generated videos and animated GIF. I shot a $6.5M listing and the 'bonus' videos featured the laundry room (with a peek into the garage, oh boy!) Thank you, Matterport...

Obviously there is no human involved. If this is AI, we've got a problem, Houston.
Post 27 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Home3D

What a beautiful bowl for the dog in the laundry room

Dan
Post 28 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah, no doubt that's what sold the house last April for $6.5m.
Post 29 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

The following is from this WGAN Forum discussion:

State of Matterport pay per view virtual tours

Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by @mori
Hi All,
hope you and your friends/families are all save and well.

As I have been absence for quite a while due to other projects I wanted to know the current state for solutions to build pay per view virtual tour.

Ideally with a real paywall and access protection and not a just hidden URL solution like Matterport would allow. Or is something meanwhile possible via the SDK?

Thanks in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuMP
With the Matterport SDK it can be done by below steps:

1 Data capture with a special start point:
You should select a special point to be the started point of your showcase.
How special?
1) it should be a start point of a narrow path to your real showcase room;
2) from this point you capture points one by one to the showcase room gate;
3) make sure the special point has the only path to the gate of the showcase room;
4) make sure you can't see the last point of the path (or the point at the gate of the room) from the specical start point;

2 Data processing on Matterport cloud normally
3 Set the special point to be start point of the showcase
4 Delete all the points on the path from start point to the showcase room gate, make the start point to be a single island, because from this point you can only go to the points that can be seen on the path but they were deleted and the all other points from the showcase room gate can't be seen(can't be seen means can't be access).
5 Set a Matttag at the start point that show the ticket link
6 Close "Doll View" and "Floorplan View" and "Snapshots" functions

When anyone enter the showcase, he will see the ticket link but he can't go anywhere because the path to the showcase gate was deleted.

Put everything in iframe of MP/embed page or other SDK platform.
And the SDK platform should have some code to accept a call from ticket link after payment and make a jump of your showcase to the real start point (the gate) of the showcase room.

Make a code controlled jump is easy in SDK. But difficult without it.
Any one with the showcase link only can't go anywhere but the single island.

It is easy to be done with Matterport SDK.
JuMP team don't have the access to the SDK but MP/embed can do that for sure.

"Doll View" and "Floorplan View" and "Snapshots" functions can be opened by SDK either.

BTW there is one leak for this methord:
If the user knows the parameter "&ss=#", that can make any point to be the start point of the showcase.
Maybe not many people know "&ss=#".

Thank you.
JuMP team from Beijing China
Post 30 IP   flag post
101437 71 30