Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceCustomer ServiceMuseumsProblemsStitching

Combining 2 large Matterport scans10467

WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
I'm bidding on a large retail space, approximately 60,000 SF. It has 2 floors connected by elevators only. Besides using Mattertags as a link between the 2 floors, does anyone recommend a better way to combine the two. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
@rzphotoman Mattertags is probably the best bet if you cannot connect the two floor via a stairwell. I have heard that Matterport support may be able to stitch tours however they are quoting some pretty long turn around times
Post 2 IP   flag post
Gladsmuir private msg quote post Address this user
From my own experience building regulations prohibit having only elevators in public buildings.
Have you looked for emergency and / or service stairs?
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I think since Matterport has made deep links available and Dee no longer involved it may be much better to connect with deep links rather than make two models into one. You can even replicate it as elevator buttons when a user can go inside an elevator, click next floor through a deep link in a matter tag and end up in the same elevator space but on a different floor.

I have not seen though how it works with two separate models and whether it is going to go through loading another model first and then jumping to the right spot but when it happens in one big model you move through floors smoothly when you use a deep link.

Also deep links are cool when you scan only a few rooms on different floors in a huge building. You can have some kind of a building directory on the ground floor at the initial start view done with Mattertags with deep links to each room From there users can choose where they want to go. And with a return Mattertag in the space that a user wants to go first they can go back to the directory and move to another room through the same directory without any need to walk pointless halls and steps in the building.
Post 4 IP   flag post
jpierce360 private msg quote post Address this user
From what I have been hearing Matterport no longer does stitching, which is a shame as it was a nice feature for larger projects.

Using mattertags would be the next option. Can I suggest putting the mattertag in front of the elevator on the 1st floor and than have the 2nd floor start as if your getting off the elevator. that would look pretty cool!
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
WGAN-TV Matterport Workshop 3.0 Part 4 of 5 Short Story #672- Deep Link

Using Matterport "Deep Links" ... you can "fly-in to specific spots within the model. In your case, a deep link for each of the floors.

In this WGAN-TV Short Story (#672 above), Matterport Content Marketing Manager Amir Frank shows how to create a Deep Link using the U key on your keyboard.

Okay?

Best,

Dan

@rzphotoman

Above from a similar WGAN Forum discussion:

Split my Matterport Tour by Floor

Best,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
101436 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?