Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Ricoh Theta Z1TunnelsWW2

World War 2 Tunnels mapped with Theta Z1 (Matterport 3D Tour)10429

Joakim360 private msg quote post Address this user
World War 2 Tunnels mapped with Theta Z1

Tight spaces, repetative patterns and unfriendly light conditions.

I had 3 LED "headlamps" attached to the base of the tripod. Whats the best lights to mount on a monopod that lights up in all directions?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Joakim360

Way cool! And, with a Ricoh Theta Z!

Can you post a photo of the 3 LED headlamps" attached to the base of the tripod?

Thanks,

Dan

P.S. Cool "dollhouse" of the tunnels ...
Post 2 IP   flag post
bryanhscott private msg quote post Address this user
@Joakim360 Interesting project! I too would like to see a PIC of your "headlight" set-up.

Curious: How did you hide from the camera for all of those shots in those tight spaces? Ricoh plug-in for delayed shooting between the front and back cameras, or lots of running back and forth? Thanks for sharing.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Cincinnati, OH
leonherbert private msg quote post Address this user
@Joakim360 Cool work
Post 4 IP   flag post
Pau private msg quote post Address this user
Hello @Joakim360

I'm also curious to know how you hid from the camera? Or did you use the Time Shift Shooting plugin?

Greetings and I hope you can get us out of doubt.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Hi

Thank you all for your replies. I will post a picture of the lighting setup tomorrow. Lets just say it has great improvement potential

I did go away and hide for every single pano and I have to say I think the Z1 is doing a great job keeping the wifi signal compared to the Theta V. This enviroment is not exactly wifi friendly.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@Joakim360 Thanks for the info. Looking forward to seeing your lighting set-up. For future shoots, you may want to consider installing the plug-in, "Time-Shift Shooting," found at:

https://pluginstore.theta360.com/

It's a real life-saver for shoots where you can't easily get out of the way of the shot and solves any issues related to WiFi as a result.

They also have a "Single Lens Shooting" plug-in, which works great as well.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Cincinnati, OH
@bryanhscott Can this be used with the matterport app. I have not heard of this been used for it. Would be great.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@leonherbert Unfortunately, no. Matterport does not support this. I am sorry I did not verify this before commenting. Based on your message, I just this moment found that out. This is highly regrettable. Regardless of the Theta plug-in used; Time-Shift or Single Lens, the MP Capture App takes over the camera and disregards the plug-in and other cam settings.

This is not the case with 360 Tour hosting providers who allow you to shoot, then upload your own spherical panos. I use EyeSpy360 (EyeSpy360.com) and they don't care which 360 cam you use. You have total control over the photos, can do your own post-processing, then upload and build your tour. Plus, you don't have to wait for the typical processing time lag. Depending on how fast you can run your mouse, the time to delivery of your tour is totally dependent on you (minutes, not hours). They also support taking 2D stills out of the panos (not as wide a view angle as MP), plus they support floor plans (in app) and Guided Tours. BTW - I am not trying to fly their flag - I just thought it interesting that they are among the very few who fill most of the gaps created by not using Matterport.

As a result of the above, I also just tested compatibility with Zillow 3D Home and am sorry to report they also do not support either plug-in.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Cincinnati, OH
@bryanhscott No Problem, hopefully matterport and or Ricoh will include the feature in the future. Pano2VR does a lot of what EyeSpy360 seems to do. I do not create tours using Pano2Vr but I use it to work on the tours I have uploaded to Google from Matterport.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@bryanhscott and @DanSmigrod
Sorry for the delay! Here it is. Its not pretty, perfect or fancy - but it did the job

3 cheap led headlights resting on a weight plate.

I'm thinking about trying 3 of these and map a pitch black tunnel

Post 11 IP   flag post
@Joakim360 Very nice! Thanks much for taking the time to send this. I also like the potential replacement lights. Looks like 1 per 120 degrees, ty-wrapped to your mono-pod will get it done. Love the idea about adding one small weight plate, slipped over the mono-pod as well. Also like your mono-pod with the small tripod base. If you don't mind me asking, which make/model mono-pod is that?

Thanks again!
Post 12 IP   flag post
No problem @bryanhscott

Its called Koolehaoda MP-255LC

Here it is on Amazon

It's very lightweight, but that also makes it feel a bit fragile
Post 13 IP   flag post
@Joakim360 Great! Thx for the info.
Post 14 IP   flag post
101425 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?