Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Business PlanMarketing

Rumor... could it be true.... Changes in Marketing.10401

Changesin3d private msg quote post Address this user
Saw on another site that Jonathan Buckley and others at Matterport sales /marketing are gone as of Friday. Knowing they frequent this site I figured Mr. Buckley would jump in here and dispel or confirm the rumor... I saw a problem with the app and he was usually quick to comment or get it route to the right people.

I always wondered if Mr. Buckley was a Matterport Service Partner.
Post 1 IP   flag post
San Francisco
Jwbuckl private msg quote post Address this user
@Changesin3d Nope, Mr. Buckley still here. New social media manager started last week and will take over these duties shortly.
Post 2 IP   flag post
justinv private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwbuckl
@Changesin3d Nope, Mr. Buckley still here. New social media manager started last week and will take over these duties shortly.

I am glad you are still with Matterport. They don't interact with customers and people are wondering what is going on.

Who is the new social media manager?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Yes, good to see the rumor was not true, had a feeling something was wrong. So is Chris Bell still with the company? I bet you the new Social Media Manager is Chris Petracco as he has come out real strong in the last few days. Over the weekend he shared the Lawsuit that Matterport is in, regarding business opportunity sales" and at least as I read it he inferred that the guy that brought the lawsuit was lazy and talking food out of peoples mouths. Does lazy remove legal rights in social media?

Chris is good as he posted it once and then shared it in a bunch of sites, letting someone else get the news up here. MASTERFUL SOCIAL MEDIA APPROACH....but then you know that, if your working for Chris now.

All the best, love to see the comments develop on the lawsuit over the next few days, I am sure Chris or who ever the manager is will be dealing with that.
Post 4 IP   flag post
San Francisco
@justinv The new social media manager is "Mia" and she will be up and running on both MOUG and WGAN in the next couple of weeks as she comes up to speed. She will have an account shortly I can share out. You are stuck with me in the meantime. LOL.

@Changesin3d No, Chris P is an MSP acting under his own volition online. I have not seen his posts yet, but only read MOUG and WGAN personally.
Post 5 IP   flag post

@jbuckl According to this post in the OFFICIAL Matterport site Chris is only an administrator, some would argue they are employees as no one does anything for free, but that is a whole other issue. I see he calls this a Pay for Play site, that is rather demeaning to what Dan has built here, don't you think? Chris seems to open lots of doors and may not consider all the facts, I bet Mia has a better handle on this. Take for instance the lawsuit that Chris brings up and is posted in this forum, on another tread , why did Matterport wait so long to bring this suit up? Clearly it was the desire of Chris to make this public, he posted and shared it all over the Internet, content not real favorable to another MSP.

Is there going to be more of a statement about this? It is my impression that Chris thinks this lawsuit could damage his ability to get business by hurting the company? Should the Matterport Service Partners not know about this? I even saw where you suggested in this forum if anyone had problems with Matterport policies they go to an attorney, seems someone did and now Chris is mad, really? Am looking forward to seeing the path forward for Matterport. And thank you Dan for having this "Pay for Play" site, I find it to be a valuable source of information.
Post 6 IP   flag post
San Francisco
@Changesin3d Chris is one of three independent Moderators on MOUG. He is not an Administrator.

As you might expect, Matterport does not comment on any ongoing legal matters.

I would recommend directing your questions, comments, and concerns on this matter directly to Chris P.
Post 7 IP   flag post
@jwbuckl Matterport has to be admired for keeping free speech open, but accurate? It is my understanding Mr. Chris P is an Matterport Ambassador, in the same way others are / were. I remember the discussion about one of the better known Ambassadors leaving (Chris H.) It is my understanding Ambassadors receive inside trade information before the rest of the MSP network, and benefits from their participation, such as advising on future company plans,as they should, they are after all giving up their time for Matterport.

As for his comments about the "lawsuit" I can close my eyes and see one group of attorneys saying OH NO! and the others smiling. Maybe you can encourage Chris P to go into more detail about the suit and the person he seems to have no respect for. He after all know of this thread he mentioned it. Was this take a shot and run?

Matterport of course has option in the selection and actions of their Ambassadors and or MOUG Moderators, now this is just my opinion but if he stays in his current position Matterport admires what he has said about the lawsuit and the person who filed it, and we should endeavor to find out more.

Do you figure Chris P. would do and interview on this with Dan and Chris Bell? Oh yea is Chris Bell still with the company? That question slipped by without and answer.

If you have not see it yet, you got to see Chad S. comment to Chris P. on MOUG... something about putting the tooth paste back in the tube. Seems people want to hear more about this. Maybe you could post a PDF of the complaint and Matterport's response.... go with the real facts.
Post 8 IP   flag post
101436 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?