Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Google Street ViewGSVGSV19

Updating Google Street View to 2019 from 200710362

ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
I just got a few questions that were presented to me. The project is for photographing the street in front of a apartment complex. The last update for this street was in 2007. Is there a special way to label the project so the street view will be updated with the new photos. Or any pointers on what to do.

Thanks
Ron
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@ron0987

My understanding - from attending the 2019 Google Street View Summit in London in September [2019] - is that Google looks at various factors in updating existing maps:

1. How current (that's a plus for you!)
2. Quality (as long as your imagine quality is better, that's a plus for you!)
3. Length of update (if you are shooting a long segment versus individual 360ºs: that's a plus for you)

My impression is that like life - there are no guarantees with Google Street View.

It's super-likely that you will be successful replacing the current Google Street View with your update.

Does that help?

Best,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
As far as I know you can do it yourself. All you need is the camera that supports video mode for Street View(Theta V, Theta Z1, Pilot Era etc) and the SV app.
I am not sure if you can walk along a street(in terms of a danger being on a road) but you can mount a camera on a car/bike and drive/rode it while your camera captures a 360 video through the SV app.

After you submit it to GSV through the SV app, it will extract 360 frames from the 360 video at some intervals and will replace original Google Street View with yours.

Here is more help on this https://support.google.com/maps/answer/7546470?hl=en
Post 3 IP   flag post
101437 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?