Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 837 Unique Visitors
9,050 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 35,106 Page Views | 19,195 Unique Visitors | 29 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CopyrightLegalPPAProfessional Photographers of AmericaSmall Claims Court

PPA Copyright Protection Advocacy: USA House Votes Tuesday (22 Oct. 2019)10319

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Screen Grabs courtesy of PPA.com

The following is from the Professional Photographers of America website:

Copyright Protection

For over a decade Professional Photographers of America has been working with Congress to establish a Copyright Small Claims process. David Trust, PPA's CEO testified in front of Congress, a little over a decade ago as to why having a small claims process is so important to many photographers.

As it currently stands if a photographer's creation is stolen, they can file a claim in Federal Court. However, the average infringement claim is approximately $3,000 or less. Compared to filing a claim in Federal Court and hiring an attorney, which can cost upwards of $10,000. Leaving many photographers without a copyright enforcement remedy.

Having a Copyright Small Claims method allows photographers to pursue Copyright Infringement in a more economical and time efficient manner.

Breaking News!

The next 24 hours will decide the success of the largest Capitol Hill advocacy campaign in the history of professional photography. Professional Photographers of America has worked for more than a decade to create and pass a small claims process for photographers and other creators. The CASE Act will be voted on by the full House of Representatives tomorrow, Tuesday, Oct. 22. That gives us one day to counteract the negative dis-information currently being sent to your member of the House of Representatives by opponents to creators’ rights and fairness.

Click here to read S.1273

The following is an email that I received today (Monday, 21 October 2019) from PPA ...

--

Your thoughts?

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
grmngrl private msg quote post Address this user
Direct link to vote:

clickable text
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
@grmngrl - Thank you for providing this link which I used to remind my Congressman of the importance of this issue to us. We are all busy providing for our families and clients, but our collective involvement and engagement on issues as “small” as this right up to the preservation of our democracy and the existential issue of global climate change require that we not become complacent.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@grmngrl @Home3D

Thank you! I send my auto-generated email to my representative. (Super-easy!)

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
‪House overwhelmingly approves contentious new copyright bill

https://www.theverge.com/2019/10/22/20927545/copyright-bill-house-congress-hakeem-jeffries-case-act-dmca
Post 5 IP   flag post
grmngrl private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
‪House overwhelmingly approves contentious new copyright bill

https://www.theverge.com/2019/10/22/20927545/copyright-bill-house-congress-hakeem-jeffries-case-act-dmca

Awesome!
Post 6 IP   flag post
101628 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?