Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AECCloudCupixSecurity

us cloud problem: Seeking a Matterport-like Experience Hosted Offline10278

Paris
RomainReparage private msg quote post Address this user
A potential client is a company that manages some spaces for an official french site. They are seducted about the matterport technology solution for AEC communication (the ability to be able to look everywhere in a complex space) but they can't go with a company on a US cloud solution for security. Wich different option/company will you recommend ?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@romainreparage

Cupix let your potential client host the tours on its server.

Dan

Special Offer for WGAN Standard and Premium Members

FREE! First six months of CUPIX Small Plan + Studio Add On Pack (Publish to Google Street View), if you are a We Get Around Network Standard or Premium Member.

To receive this WGAN Standard and Premium Membership benefit, please see the We Get Around CUPIX Small Plan + Studio Add On Pack Offer Order Form in the Welcome Onboard Letter.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Do they need a Matterport model? Can you build a custom built self hosted tour with Pano2VR?

If they do not need the model and they are happy with a custom built tour you can
scan their space with a matterport camera->
process it into a model through the Matterport cloud->
publish to GSV from the cloud->
download all 360 from Google Maps into a new Pano2VR project and you can use it to build and generate a custom self hosted tour.

Just make sure you wait 1-4 days for all linking to start working on Google Maps before you download all 360s into Pano2VR.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Paris
@DanSmigrod " Cupix let your potential client host the tours on its server"
It seems that this service is not available yet.

@Wingman : i never saw a Pano2Vr model that was close to MP. Can you share one ?
The need i have here is to be able to have a look everywhere in a model for AEC intern documentation/communication.
For a sensitive site and for security reasons, process the tour through the matterport cloud or publish to GSV could not be an option.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by romainreparage
@DanSmigrod " Cupix let your potential client host the tours on its server"
It seems that this service is not available yet.

Thanks for letting me know ...

Is engaging a GeoCV Pro an option? GeoCV offers off-line hosting.

Here's a WGAN list of 100 3D/360 Virtual Tour platforms:

WGAN List of nearly 100 3D and 360º Virtual Tour Hosting Platforms

(If you would like access to the WGAN Google Sheet that has links to all these platforms home pages and pricing pages, please Private Message me.

Best,

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
Paris
@DanSmigrod "Is engaging a GeoCV Pro an option? GeoCV offers off-line hosting."

If a GeoCv Pro near France wants to show up with a big model and a self hosting example(i remember a thread here where no one was able to share one)please contact me in pm.

Many thanks for your help Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:

@Wingman : i never saw a Pano2Vr model that was close to MP. Can you share one ?
The need i have here is to be able to have a look everywhere in a model for AEC intern documentation/communication.
For a sensitive site and for security reasons, process the tour through the matterport cloud or publish to GSV could not be an option.

It won't be a Matterport model even though you can mimic all Matterport functionality creating a similar interface. I only mentioned Matterport because you have a Matterport camera. It means that you can still use a Matterport camera with its great resolution and the whole Matterport technology to gather all data to build a tour model. And then turn it into a self hosted tour using Pano2VR. GSV is used here only to get all 360 from Matterport that are already linked into a tour and even have correct geo data. All you need to do after that is to built some interface on top of it.

As for the "look everywhere", it will be a virtual tour so you will be able to look everywhere, zoom in and out like you do with Matterport.

I do not have a matterport model that has been converted this way to a self hosted tour yet. I have a potential client that I am going to do exactly this.

There is a big learning curve with Pano2VR for the first tour you create in it but after that things get easier.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Sorry, forgot to mention that GSV here is just a "bridge" to get access to top quality 360s from a Matterport model. After you download all 360s from GSV into Pano2VR you can remove the matterport tour from Google Maps either through Matterport or through Pano2VR.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Paris
Thanks @Wingman
The idea was to skip the processing development in the cloud.
Not sure that i will be able to really remove/delete the model from MP and Google cloud. For my use i know i can but have it deleted for their use i don't think so.
Also the problem with PanoVR is that i don't think we have GPS attached with my 360s exported from MP.
Is GSV add a correct GPS to them ?
If not I would wait PANO2VR provide a photogrammetry AI process to automatic link the panos instead of the GPS solution then.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Kumar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@DanSmigrod "Is engaging a GeoCV Pro an option? GeoCV offers off-line hosting."

If a GeoCv Pro near France wants to show up with a big model and a self hosting example(i remember a thread here where no one was able to share one)please contact me in pm.

Many thanks for your help Dan

@romainreparage - How "big" a model you are looking at? The maximum size of a single space in GeoCV could be about 40,000 sqft size at max (varies with content of space)...

It is perfectly possible to host on own server - but the initial processing still done on GeoCV's cloud server.

One of large space example: https://i3dvirtualtour.com/3DTours/ssn
Post 10 IP   flag post
Paris
@Kumar : Thanks. As the model is less than 40.000sqf i did look and find GeoCV partner here. Thanks to DAN and WGAN. As you mentioned the initial processing can be a problem in this case.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Pro laser scanners could be an option for you - not very sure but looks like.
Generate cloud point and in turn 3D model then use unity or some tools to build interactive exp.

But they wont get you any impressive tour experience.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Paris
@Kumar : 360s link platform with easy path would be better solution for this case but guest what : i know there is 100 around but it's still hard today to find one that doesn t look coming from the 90s or that offer a non cloud development solution (at least a secure european one managed by a reliable company) and self hosting. I keep looking around and let you know if there is one.
Post 13 IP   flag post
It is for all obvious reason that it is all cloud managed - recurring revenue and ease of use. Even the 90s tools/buz models have converted to subscription model and to cloud.

I would be eager to know if you succeed in finding a solution for your case.

best wishes.
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:
The idea was to skip the processing development in the cloud.
Not sure that i will be able to really remove/delete the model from MP and Google cloud. For my use i know i can but have it deleted for their use i don't think so.

I do not think MP will delete the data even if you delete the model in your account. Not sure about Google, but I guess they will delete all 360s if you delete them from GSV.

Quote:

Also the problem with PanoVR is that i don't think we have GPS attached with my 360s exported from MP.
Is GSV add a correct GPS to them ?

When you are going to submit your model to GSV through Matterport you will be asked to align a model relative to a place where it has been taken.
That will create all location data for every 360. When you download them from GSV into Pano2VR you will get all 360s with location data.
Tried it recently and all 360 have come into Pano2VR from GSV with location even though all of them have been done with a Pro2 indoor.

Quote:

If not I would wait PANO2VR provide a photogrammetry AI process to automatic link the panos instead of the GPS solution then.

There are a few ways you can build a self hosted tour in Pano2VR. One of them is just going through all 360s and for each adding a hotspot for the next 360. So you basically grab the next 360 and drop it into your current one exactly where you want this hotspot to be displayed. There are no arrows where you can go, just spot(s) shown for the next 360(s).

This is much easier to show than explain. This tour https://www.infin8care.com.au/virtual-tour/cornubia/ has been done this way because it is a new building, it is not on a satellite image yet and there is no way/point now to use GPS in their data. If you look at the start scene outside, the next one in the lobby was just a grab & drop of its 360 on the door of this one. If you go to the lobby, all other hotspots have been also created that way. You are not using GPS that way you only pointing a direction where the next 360 is. It can be a few steps away or it can be a few kms away.
Post 15 IP   flag post
101633 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?