Video: Matterport Academy | Uploading to the Cloud (Lesson 5) with Matterport Content Marketing Manager Amir Frank | Video courtesy of Matterport YouTube Channel (28 September 2017)

Hi All,

If you are just getting started with Matterport, here is Matterport Academy | Uploading to the Cloud (Lesson 5) (above) with Matterport Content Marketing Manager Amir Frank.

Video Transcript

Hi, I'm Amir from Matterport, and today I'm going to talk about uploading your model data to the cloud.

Once you've scanned everything onsite, it's time to upload the model to the cloud for processing. First, connect your iPad to the internet.

Note that this is a normal wireless internet connection. This is not the wifi network from the Matterport camera. It's best to connect to the internet when you're at your home or office, not when you're on the property itself.

Now open the [Matterport] Capture app, and go to the menu screen. Tap, "Sign-In," and enter your email and password. Open the model you just scanned, and tap, "Upload," in the bottom right.

If your model is really large, like a mansion, uploading can take a while. Just leave your iPad on and the Capture app open and go do something else. When the upload is complete, log into your my.matterport.com account on a web browser.

You should see the model listed as, "Processing." If you do not see the model listed as processing, then the model did not upload correctly. Go back to your Capture app and make a small edit, such as adjusting a marking or changing the name of the model.

Then tap the upload button again to re-upload the space. If you change your marking, or add or delete a scan to a model, and then re-upload it, you will not be charged additional processing fees.

You'll receive an email when the space is finished processing. Just click the link in the email to open the space. If you still have issues uploading the model, or are not seeing a fully processed space in your Matterport cloud account, please contact our Customer Success team at support.matterport.com. We'd be happy to look into it.

---

Best,

Dan

P.S. For in-depth Matterport Training, please see the WGAN-TV Training U (in Matterport). We included a 1+ hour training on the Matterport Capture and 3D Showcase Apps by Matterport Content Marketing Manager Amir Frank as well as 6+ hours on Matterport Workshop 3.0 (also by Amir)